Size: 7 inch Apprentice|Change

on 14 January 2012
This is a seriously pro pad, with two sides, one of which is very quiet - previously i was using a hardback book with a towel over it to practice - this is so much quieter. Great bounce, great work out and a pad that is well worth the money. Definitely buy it.
on 17 October 2012
Just started drumming lessons and Evans RealFeel 12" practice pad arrived yesterday. Already had my money's worth! This is a great practice pad (much better than my previous one - yellow pages!) It's got a realistic bounce and my paradiddles are coming along very nicely! Every would-be drummer should have one!
on 6 July 2015
Now this is special!
Double-sided, as the publicity states and there are two very nicely contrasted hard and soft surfaces.

The soft side has already brought about household peace by being as silent as I imagine a practise pad can be.
Harder side produces slightly more noise, but still good.
Solidly built.
Great stick responsiveness too, that's important.
Recommended for sure.

Quick delivery, with tracking details to boot.
on 1 November 2011
The soft side is perfect for practising quietly and getting to grips with new techniques. I sit up and practise until midnight with the soft side. The hard side is absolutely brilliant for more intense work outs. I intend to buy the 12" version too so I can permanently set it up on a practise stand. If you're a drummer, buy it! On my old practise pad I could tell a difference between the bounce on my snare and on my pad whereas on the ReelFeel I can barely tell a difference!
on 22 October 2012
The gum rubber side (grey) has a very nice feel, it gives a lot of rebound similar to that of a kit snare drum where as the black harder side has a marching snare-like feel to it. It is excellent for performing all 40 of the standard rudiments and is quite enough to be used in places such as a bedroom it creates little noise even with hard strokes. It can also be used on any surface as the reverse side acts as a grip to stop it moving, while the actual pad absorbs all hits so the surface being played on wont take any damage. Overall an excellent product I would recommend it to any drummer as an essential pad above any on the market currently.
on 11 June 2013
Can't fault this product for the price. Very realistic feel upon striking. Excellent. Performs just as good if not better than models costing a lot more.
VINE VOICEon 30 September 2015
If you're a drummer looking for the holy grail - a pad with real drum response - then this comes pretty close to perfection. All drummers know that nothing really feels like a real drum head, but this gets my vote as a worthwhile purchase.
on 14 February 2014
Being a drummer in a punk band I play fast with quick (fairly simple) fills etc.
However as I am self taught and just tended to copy the drummers of bands I like, I never actually learnt proper rudiments.
After talking to a mate I decided it was time I started practising some more "technical" routines.

I can honestly say after owning it for a week or so I have learnt more than in the last year.
It responds very realistically and doesn't annoy those in the house when you practise.

Highly recommended for use every evening, I can definitely tell the difference already!
on 30 September 2013
I decided to start drum lessons a few months ago, and my teacher uses these pads to teach rudiments on. I originally bought a cheaper imitation to use at home but realised it was no where near as good as the RealFeel Pad. Purchased this from Amazon for a great price and really pleased with it. My drum teacher swears these are the best practice pads you can get, and they set up nicely in a snare stand. Highly recommend them!
on 1 November 2012
The evans pad is a great practice pad, i had a remo pad before this and was very dissapointed by the noise of it as i wanted to practice at night when my son was asleep upstairs, but there was no chance of this. I have had the evans pad for a few months now and am very pleased with it, it is quiet and you get a good rebound off both sides, one being made of gum rubber and the other a harder plastic rubber (which is louder but fine for the day time). I use it mainly for practicing rudiments and so far i cannot fault it. Money well spent.