on 7 December 2008
Got this one for £35 at Comet. It feels fairly flimsy compared to a Canon MP600 that we have, but what do you expect for that money? Installed on a Vista machine in no time. Separate inks (4) that can be had for about £10 for a full set of compatibles. Make sure that you get the latest ones as some can be rejected (we use Prink UK or Refresh cartridges ). Most compatible cartridges also have twice the volume of ink that Epson genuine ones do. Even more of a bargain!!!
Print quality on photos is pretty good too.
We worth it if you want a no frills machine that will be cheap to run.
0Comment|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2008
Delivered 4 days ago to replace an Epson Stylus Colour Photo 900 - 3 years old.
Read a lot of reviews first - still bought it!
Black/Charcoal colour - like it.
Quality - fast on text/picture documents - much slower on Glossy Photo's, but very good quality for the price of approx £40.00.
Printing - I find quieter than others, but I do find the paper load / grab quite vicious/disconcerting - sounds like it could take your fingers off. However, only lasts 0.2 of a second - just makes you jump. All paper I have used (A5, A4 Plain, Matte, Glossy) have worked fine. Only minor problem with pre-punched A5 - which the documentation warns "do not use Pre-punched paper" - works if holes on left (not right)

Scanner is great - excellent results with many scanning options.
I have not used any of the SD-Card options yet.
Easy setup & loads of software - does require some time to familiarise with all the options available - but it is worth it.

Early days - but well worth the money (& loss of fingers!)Epson Stylus SX200 All In One A4 Printer
on 22 November 2008
I've just taken delivery of this printer which replaces a very disappointing Lexmark All In One that burnt up expensive ink cartridges. Setting up the Epson SX200 was straightforward. I did not have any problems loading paper into the machine. My first print job was a 50 page full colour brochure with text and photos. This printed in under 15 minutes to a very acceptable level of quality. I do not consider this machine to be 'noisy' compared to similarly priced alternatives...it will probably suit the needs of most people with moderate printing requirements in a home/office environment.
11 comment|176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 October 2008
Bought one after my Epson stylus colour 880 died out after 7 years of use. It is all in one printer with capability to copy B&W or Colour. This printer is Sold as Epson SX 205 in Currys or dixons or from Epson directly and as Epson SX200 if you head towards ARGOS.
There is no difference in these products whether it is 205 or 200. Print quality is much improved and is quite fast. I have printed coloured Brochures and it chucks them out with quite a speed and print quality is excellent. Blacks are better than before. It took only just over an hour to print a whole ream (500 pages) of brochure. Only think is slightly fiddly is to put the paper from the back which on one side is slightly obstructive to paper to just drop down into the tray, but not a significant issue. replacement cartridges (compatible) can be bought for about £12 for all 4 colours and they work quite well.Highly recommended. Why to spend more than £50 and unless you are looking for Wifi. Any higher print quality with great professionalism in printing then I would say nothing till you spend £300 for Xerox solid ink printers. I disagree with earlier review regarding compatible ink cartridges and rejection by this printer. I bought quite a few of these replacement cartridges and they all are accepted by the printer, only thing is that if you order these cartridges over the internet make sure they are compatible with the latest Epson SX200 or 205 models. Someweb sites do clarify this issue that they are compatible with the newest range of Epson's. So you do not necessarily have to buy only EPSON branded ink if you are cost concious.
88 comments|202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2009
I actually purchased this printer on behalf of a friend! The installation was fairly straightforward, and the owner (the first time she has owned an 'Epson') is really impressed with it's functionality and capabilities!

More importantly, the four individual inks (1 black, 3 colour) are a great improvement over those other brands with 1 black and 1 'colour' cartridge. When a colour runs out on those models, you'd have to replace the whole cartridge - wasting what remains of the other colours. This is not a problem with the Epson, where the efficient management of ink is met with their individual cartridge arrangement. The cost of ink over the life of a printer has be a factor when considering which model to buy!
on 12 December 2008
I am a student and print about 30 pages a week, this is perfect for the job and very good value.
on 11 June 2009
This printer replaced my previous Epson model, the CX3200, whose feed mechanism gave up the ghost after about 3 years. Disappointed with that especially as I'd just bought a whole load of cartridges! Hey ho, I guess thats the way with modern technology. However, it gave me the opportunity to purchase this new slim line model to replace my big, lumbering dinosaur!

Easy to set up and, although it takes a lot of whirring and grinding to warm up to operating speed, once it gets going the print quality is, in my humble opinion, excellent. And surely thats the main point? Text and photos on paper are a massive improvement on the 3200; I haven't printed on photo quality paper yet.

Really pleased with my SX200, it's small, stylish and most importantly produces excellent reproductions. All at a very reasonable price!
on 7 February 2009
All I can say is that this all in one printer is superb, as a home general and photo printer, photocopier and scanner, all in a nice compact package of high quality engineering that does everything you need.
on 18 July 2009
Epson have proved with this model that you don't need to spend a lot of money to get a printer, which provides excellent quality prints at an affordable price and thus allows you to print just for fun. This model has replaced my less than a year old Canon Photo printer that performed poorly and was expensive to run. The use of easily obtainable cheaper third party compatible inks for this printer make it extremely economical to use. The cost of my camera equipment exceeds £2k and consequently I am very critical about the quality of prints I produce. I can't fault this printers outputs, be they photos or copied documents. The bonus of a photo scanner and an excellent and simple to use copier (even my wife can use it unaided) make the this product amazing value. Well done Epson
on 15 September 2008
When our Canon S750 died after 5 years superb service, we expected great results from a new printer and an All-in-one allowed our ancient scanner (UMAX Astra 610S) to be retired too. Short of time, we chose an Epson SX200 from the local Tesco display (main factor was the use of separate inks - no need to replace all when one runs out).
What a disappointment! Ink cartridges have a very short life and only Epson branded replacements are recognised (we tried 2 makes of clones, but both were rejected). The printer is very sensitive to paper alignment, envelopes etc. and very noisy. Printing and scanning results are, however, quite good if you can put up with all the niggles - and can afford to run it!
My advice is to buy something else!
1717 comments|221 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse