4.0 out of 5 stars No hugging. No learning.
Try pitching this movie in the bunker where they manufacture screenwriters: A stoned girl gets even more stoned. She tries to grapple with the day and fails spectacularly. Nothing is resolved. No lessons are learned. Oh, and she makes a pro-union speech in a sausage factory. Or at least she thinks she does.

As Jane F, the stoned girl, Anna Faris dispenses with...
Published on 9 Sep 2009 by Quackser

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of an hour and a half
I told my friend how much I loved Harold and Kumar get the munchies he asked me if I had ever seen Smiley face before I said no so he sent me it as a present I was really looking forward to watching it but it was such a let down the film had no imagination what so ever and things didn't add up like any weed smoker will know that when you have weed you look after it like...
Published 17 months ago by samantha242424

4.0 out of 5 stars No hugging. No learning., 9 Sep 2009
This review is from: Smiley Face [DVD] (DVD)

As Jane F, the stoned girl, Anna Faris dispenses with any notions of being "cute" or "redeemable" and creates a character all the more bewilderedly human for that. But somehow we love Jane F, despite her every effort to convince us that she's not worth such affection. And this is a funny movie; mostly in its quieter moments, or in the changes of expression on Jane's face as she determinedly adds two and two together to get...well, some number she just invented.

John Krasinski is terrific as the fanboy comic nerd who may be in love with Jane, but still worries about how much money it's safe to lend her. Jane Lynch and Danny Trejo pop up for a minute or two, here and there. It's sort of a road movie; sort of a day-in-the-life movie. But it's content to just observe the characters on their respective roads to nowhere rather than impose anything so indecorous as a "movie" plot upon them. This approach brings with it a couple of drops in the energy and a few moments that drag, but the overall deal is such a sweet one that this isn't ultimately a problem. And any movie that features Roscoe Lee Browne as the voice of the inner monologue of a probably doomed twenty-something Californian girl stoner won't be leaving my heart any time soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Laughing despite myself, 4 Nov 2008
A. J. King "ajking22" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smiley Face [DVD] (DVD)
As a 53 year old with four teenage children I should most definitely not like this movie, or even have it in the house but I failed on both counts. What makes it is Anna Faris's funny and clever portrayal of a hopelessly stoned girl rebounding through the day like a pinball bouncing from one out of control situation to the next. She gives the perfect portrayal of someone under the influence who thinks they are in control and making perfect lucid decisions when what comes out is random chaos. Very funny and surprisingly feelgood at times. When Anna smiles that confused crooked unsure smile, so will you - at least I did anyway

4.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical Stoner Comedy, 30 Mar 2010
Jake Tuner (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smiley Face [DVD] (DVD)
A very different film from Gregg Araki who is probably most famous for his stunning and disturbing film Mysterious Skin. Smiley Face is absolutely hysterical with Anna Farris as Jane on top form. It is impossible to say the plot of this film without sounding ridiculous for recommending it but basically 'girl gets really stoned and camera follows her' pretty much sums it up.
Adam Brody and John Cho (from stoner film Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] [2004]) play Jane's drug dealer and a sausage delivery boy but Farris really makes the film and proves that she is an amazing comedic actress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky!!, 1 Oct 2011
M. saunders - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smiley Face [DVD] (DVD)
Went into watching the film with mild scepticism. Half expected another stoner film that had weak jokes and little story. What I got was much better. Funny, quirky, well written and just generally different. The visuals worked, and along with Anna Farris the whole thing was a treat. Anna's paranoid character just makes life's everyday random events all the more funny.

If you liked Harold and Kumar, buy it. If you liked the Hangover, buy it. It'll brighten up a bad mood easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 31 Jan 2010
B. hill "Beth" (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smiley Face [DVD] (DVD)
This is a really great dvd, brilliant if you just want something a bit lighthearted anf fun. The plot is a little vague but the dvd is so funny, definatly worth a watch

4.0 out of 5 stars does not need a title, 19 Sep 2008
Ms. D. Ofili (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smiley Face [DVD] (DVD)
I liked the film. Initially I thought it was just OK , which was fine by me as the only reason I bought is because I think John Krasinski is sexy as hell. After a few more viewings I came to like it.The cinematography is gorgeous and very colourful , to me a bit like a child's dream. Most of all I loved Anna Faris' performance. To those who watch it , I recommend the scene where she makes a speech in the factory. It has to be seen to truly believed !

4.0 out of 5 stars A day in the life of a pot head, 10 July 2009
Gisli Jokull Gislason "Jokull" (Iceland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Smiley Face [DVD] (DVD)
I like the film and thought it was rather funny as well as giving an insight into the life of a pothead.

Our heroine tries to do a number of tasks under heavy influence and gets sidetracked a lot. Well rather all the time. Her outlook to life is very different to a normal person and her self awareness is way of base. This is shown in a humorous light but still serious enough to make clear in how bad a shape she is in.

Now I am certainly not one myself but I have a front seat as a police officer and in this regard I found the movie sincere and truthful. Recommended viewing and should be shown to teenagers and others that are under the impression that there s such a thing as a "soft drug"

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 July 2014
good film

4.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Smiley Face [DVD] (DVD)
thanks for the fast service I really like this dvd it was for my sister and it was a good gift

5.0 out of 5 stars anna faris rules!!, 13 July 2010
R. J. Riley (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smiley Face [DVD] (DVD)
i love anna faris and she is amazing in this movie which is really funny and i guess you will have had to have been stonned at least once in your life to appreciate it! anna faris faris has the ability to make people laugh with just a slight face change and this will deffinately have you laughing great for a night in with pizza and a well you know lol

Smiley Face [DVD]
Smiley Face [DVD] by Gregg Araki (DVD - 2008)
3.52