5.0 out of 5 stars firework calmer
I was recommended Scullcap and Valerian tablets by a vet nurse friend, as my crossbreed dog was terrified of fireworks and was getting worse every year.

Published on 21 Nov. 2012 by pepperdog

1.0 out of 5 stars adverse reaction
Published on 11 May 2011 by dog owner

5.0 out of 5 stars firework calmer, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Dorwest Herbs Scullcap and Valerian Tablets for Dogs and Cats 100 Tablets (Misc.)

I had tried almost everything else over the years, loud music, playing fireworks sounds and a plug in, but nothing seemed to work, and to see the trembling and the terror in his eyes every year was heartbreaking.

So I thought why not, and armed myself with Scullcap and Valerian tablets, there was no fighting him to take them as they must taste nice to him and he just ate them from my hand. I followed the instructions and started them about 2 weeks before firework night, what a difference, for the first time in six years I had a calm relaxed dog, he actually slept through the worst of it and didn't bat an eyelid, a much happier boy, though it didn't leave him drowsy or lethargic just very relaxed, I will certainly be using them again and would recommend them for anyone who has a frightened dog.Dorwest Herbs Scullcap and Valerian Tablets for Dogs and Cats 100 Tablets
And the price is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars travel pills for the dog, 26 Aug. 2012
Dragontest (Cheshire England) - See all my reviews
I saw a link on a forum page and we were desperate so I bought a tub...Dorwest Herbs Scullcap and Valerian Tablets for Dogs and Cats 100 Tablets

Everything else has failed to calm my Jack Russell dog in the car, even short trips were hell as he barked and barked cried and was unwell, so much we had stopped taking him out (he is 11 years old). I weighed the dog and gave him 1/2 the recommended dose, it appeared to work a little better than the pheromones sprays (which did just about nothing for him or the driver!) so it was un-tested really.

OK panic time next week he was booked on a 5 hour ferry trip to Europe with us for the 1st time ever, then we were planning on a road trip in a new camper van around France with a dog that can't go to the end of the street in the car!(2 week holiday in hell was on my mind)

e loading him in the vehicle and after some initial settling down and a few woofs he was fine, so fine he has now travelled 1500+ miles in a moving vehicle, the kids think he is now a fantastic beach dog even at 11 years old! He isn't stoned just calm and playful with his squeaky toys in the vehicle.

If you have a dog that a total pain to have in the car and you have stopped taking them out as its hell on wheels, please try these pills as its totally changed my dog and enabled him to have fun with us rather than sit in the house alone... just the rattle of the pills draws his attention and grabbing the cars keys he knows he is in for a good day out with us all.

5.0 out of 5 stars works!, 26 Sept. 2013
I have used these tablets to help my elderly Dalmatian who has dementia. They do calm him especially at night due to separation and anxiety

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works perfectly on stressed out terrier!, 1 Nov. 2013
L H "L H" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The first dose of two tablets at once, according to instructions, - sent our highly strung, excitable, stressed out terrier into quite a dreamy state(She used to dither with excitement or nervousness on the slightest trigger). Nothing to worry about, but we cut the dose and now she gets one tablet in the morning and one in the evening. The tablets work instantly! Our dog is a lot calmer, relaxed, but still the lively terrier when it comes to a walk etc.
One other thing may help to calm a nervous dog: firm boundaries (don't let that terrier get away with murder but be consistent with the doggy house rules) and a lot of praise and cuddles for good behaviour...In combination with these tablets we got a happier, relaxed dog now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Mar. 2013
Fantastic product, really noticed a difference in our rescue dog, he's 15 months and extremely under socialised & scared of everything when out of house. These tablets are helping to keep him balanced & face new situations with interest rather than fear.

5.0 out of 5 stars They really work on my Weimaraner, 23 Oct. 2010
A. Szabo "Anna" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I have 2 year old Weimaraner who is a bit bonkers and definitely hyperactive. Sometime quite annoying. The dog training specialist recommended using this tablets and I can only say - they work. NOt immediately, you have to to add some every day to the food and few days, week later I will see my crazy dog a bit more relaxed. I use them especially before 'stressful' event for my four legged friend - such as holiday (and her staying with a dog sitter) or when I was expecting a baby. It worked for us and have heard few friends having similar experience with their 'mad dogs' :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Milo, 23 May 2011
dorwest Scullcap & Valerian a good product which I use all the time when I show my dogs to keep them carm

5.0 out of 5 stars I have used this product for many years and it has worked two of my dogs, 11 Dec. 2013
I can't remember how many years I have been using Valerian and Scullcap tablets. One of my golden retrievers was 'rescued' in the month of November so I would imagine she had been in the kennels over the firework season, she was an absolute wreck when fireworks and thunder occurred, we would make a 'safe' place for her to hide but would start to dig at anything in the house or our touring caravan. After many years of the vet's prescription drugs which 'tranquilised' her and left her dopey for hours, I came upon these from Dorwest Herbs.
I have given her these tablets for weeks without any ill effects and no 'groggy doggy'. After putting 9-12 of these tablets in her dinner, she would hear the fireworks or thunder and look up as much to say, ok I heard it, so what.... and carry on with what she was doing, instead of hiding and start digging wherever she was. The tablets did not upset her stomach, nor did it stop her playing with our other dog. The fireworks are like 'mortars' so I now buy these for our remaining dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Calm Dog, 18 Jan. 2012
Bought this product to calm a Greyhound who had had leg surgery and needed to be crated for 8 weeks,unfortunately he was very anxious and stressed about being in the crate. This product worked - calmed him, so he could heal and we could get some sleep too!

1.0 out of 5 stars adverse reaction, 11 May 2011
tried these tablets on my dog when his previous brand changed to powder form.these dorwest tablets did not calm him but instead made him worse as he started to hallucinate.at first i though he was just being a bit strange but when he began to jump and growl for no reason i looked up possible causes.these tablets contain a form of mistletoe,keep a close eye on your dog to make sure he is not having bad reaction to this herbal remedy.