5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product!!
Published on 12 July 2009 by Cheryl

3.0 out of 5 stars Crude for the price
This makes a fun toy for my 11month old son during the day but he struggles to get to sleep with it on. The tunes are not restful and the volume is loud. The volume control makes little difference. It would be useful if you could have the projector on without the music and vice versa. The images projected are nice.
Published 1 month ago by Miss Rosamund Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product!!, 12 July 2009
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I bought this product for my little girl when she was around 9weeks old. She totally loves it! It is great because it allows for the volume to be adjusted aswell as having a daytime mode and night time mode. In the morning, i have the music quite loud whereas at night, i put it down as low as it can go. It has 3 different songs for the day mode and another 3 different ones for night mode. I always stick to the same one at night time so that my little girl realises its bedtime. After her feed, i put her into her crib, put it onto the timer mode for 10mins and by the time it switches off, she's asleep!! FAB! And if she gets up cryng at any point, the lightshow switches itself back on and she goes back to sleep. Means that i dont have to lift her out to calm her, she now has the ability to get herself back to sleep. I would defo recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 20 May 2009
Mr. P. Wood - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
After much deliberation on whether to buy a cot mobile or light show, we opted for this. Our daughter finds the music very soothing and the light show grabs her attention as she drifs off to sleep. If she stirs the sound activation option kicks the music and lights back in to get her back off to sleep. Overall tha sound quality is excellent and the projected image on the ceiling is very clear. winner!

3.0 out of 5 stars Crude for the price, 21 Jan. 2015

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs to run off the mains to not cost the earth, 9 May 2010
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I bought this for my daughter as it was winnie the pooh like most things she has. It is really lovely and I particularly like the auto setting which activates the nightlight and sounds if she starts to cry. She definately likes watching the night light projector on the ceiling. It also shows pictures on the screen, but she hasn't seen those yet as she is still in her moses; and when she is bigger there are buttons that she can press that make sounds depending on whether it is day or night mode - eg pressing pooh yawns.
Not had any problems with sound - is loud enough to hear well.
It does have day and night modes, which you can toggle between and play slightly different tunes. I now know roughly when my daughter will wake, so what would have been nice is to get up for her last feed and then put her back to bed and switch it to day mode so that when she wakes up next time (getting up time) it plays the daytime tunes..but unless I am doing something wrong, as soon as you switch to day mode it automatically starts playing daytime tunes, which last a little while; and I don't want those playing in the middle of the night and her thinking it is time to get up!..
The big issue is it takes 4 AA batteries and they just don't last. I've only used it in the auto setting, so it does switch on a few times in the night, but brand new batteries don't even last a week. We've therefore had the last few days without it as we're out of batteries, and I am wondering whether to replace them. I really want to as it is a lovely mobile/projector, but I'm not sure I can justify replacing batteries every week..

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I bought one of these for my son. Hes a toddler and I was looking for a night light, and this had the bonus of soothing music and being Winnie the Pooh who he loves. Started out great, loved the tunes and the projection, he'd clap to make it come back on again, wouldn't take long and he'd be asleep. Also found it great for bringing to different places we'd stay, it was familiar and a comfort and he'd sleep anywhere with it.
Unfortunately though it doens't last. I did get nearly 3 months out of the first one I bought on line. I thought maybe he'd broken it somehow. So I bought another in a shop, this one lasted 2 weeks, and I know he didn't do anything to this one. I was disgusted. I looked for a different one, but my son loved this one so stupidly I bought a third one, just for some peace. Total waste, only a week this time. First the day function seems to stop working, we rarly used this so it didn't affect us too much. Then the light show starts flickering like a strobe. Finally it wont even turn on, even with new batteries. And it eats batteries, every week I seem to be changing them.
Its brilliant if it would only stay working. Can't believe people have had these same complaints for the last few years, surely they'd have sorted it out by now.
Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars With a bit of DIY this is a LIFESAVER! Worth purchasing if you have sleepless nights, 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
In all honestly I initially thought this product was a waste of money.
I bought it for my 5 month old daughter who was waking up 6x a night for her dummy and I needed something automatic to distract her and send her back to sleep. (She sleeps in her own room in a cotbed)
The first night, the smallest creak of a floorboard or even a slight heavy breath would set this off. It's SO loud and the night light could light up the world let alone her tiny room!
It sat in the cupboard until one night we could not settle her. After 45 minutes of none stop screaming I said get that stupid Winnie thing out!!! We put it on and she smiled and fell straight to sleep!
Was it a fluke?!
Well after a bit of DIY to the projector I've managed to find a spot on the cot far enough away it doesn't set off unless she whines a bit loud, I have covered the nightlight so only the projector lights up and I have also covered the speaker so it's not as loud!
It's been nearly 2 weeks and we have only had to get out of bed on 2/3 occasions! I'd say this is a LIFESAVER!!
The batteries have lasted us 2 weeks and I will be swapping them over for rechargeable ones to save money.
I do recommend this product. It has definitely worked for our family :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great at first but doesn't last, 12 Aug. 2010
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I'm editing this review after using the item for a few months. My original review was...

"I bought this to become part of the bedtime routine. At first I was a little disappointed as my son took no notice of it but after only a few nights using it, he loved it and turns his head to wait for it to start. He then happily drifts off to sleep to the tunes.

It is really simple to fit to the crib / cot. The projected pictures of Winnie the Pooh and friends are clear and gentle, and the buzzing bee etc add a bit of fun. However, we found we could only use it on one side of the crib, away from the wall, as on the other side the images would distort up the wall (because the crib side leans). This means the images have to be projected upside down for us, but our baby doesn't seem to care! Also, it uses up batteries quickly. I like the music but wish there was a mode which played a selection of tunes and not the same one over and over again.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this purchase and would recommend it."

I would no longer recommend this as, like some other reviewers have said, it has now stopped working correctly and the lightshow on the unit flickers. So, even though the projected picture is still ok, it can't be used anymore.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Vtech Sleepy Bear Sweet Dreams, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
We had the Vtech for the first 3 months after baby was born and I accidentally dropped it and the light show stopped working (turning) so I did some research and the Tomy Winnie the Pooh one was quite popular so I bought that as a replacement.

Whilst it looks very cute, it only has 3 song options for each mode (day or night) and the annoying thing is that you have to press a button to make it move onto the next song, it doesn't just move onto the next one automatically like the Vtech (which also has lots and lots of different songs on it). Also at night time mode, my baby looks like a deer caught in the headlights as the light on the side is far too bright and he actually turns away from it. The lightshow on the ceiling is good and moves nice and slowly and the morning mode songs are happy and uplifting and it is easy to attach to the cot (although if you have very wide spaces between the cot bars it might not attach well).

Luckily my Vtech started magically working again so we now use that one at night as it had very calming soft tunes and subtle lighting, lots of different song options and you can set it to play for 5, 10 or 15 minutes.

If you can't decide I highly suggest going for the Vtech.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but defective...., 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I received this as a gift and was really excited. Overall it is a great product and my twins love it. At 3 1/2 months they now look up and laugh at the moving images of pooh and the gang on the ceiling. We have a slanted roof ceiling above the crib so it is ideal.

HOWEVER....what I did not see in the most popular reviews were some of the negative points. And perhaps ours is defective but I saw on the Amazon.com site that other people had had the same issues.

First, the mechanical noise is very loud like a ticking which overbears the lovely Winnie the Pooh music. The volume control makes hardly any difference which is frustrating if they are getting ready for sleep.

Pros: The on switch has two settings which means it can come on automatically in response to noise or when your baby starts crying. It has a daytime setting with a white screen and the night-time setting includes the projector but I often have this on in the daytime as well because our babies love it so much. It is interactive as babies grow with buttons to press that make Winnie the pooh sounds like a bumble bee and tigger etc.

For the price its very good, but don't pay more that the sale price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, 11 Nov. 2010
A. Grassam "Slade" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I bought this item as a replacement for one I had for my first baby (now aged almost 5) which broke down, probably due to excess use. I have found that for both of my children these music and light show boxes are extremely useful and really help them settle to sleep. They are intended to fit onto the side of the cot, although we tend to place it outside and away from the cot. I believe this to be a really good model: it plays for either ten minutes or five minutes, and on the five minute setting it can be re-activated by sound if the baby is still unsettled; there is a choice of three songs to help them sleep and three to help them wake up; the music its plays is pleasant; the light show is good and works even when the room is quite light, although it really does need a dark room to be fully effective; and - most importantly - it has a volume control. Many don't and are set to a very load setting. We used to a stuff a pillow behind our old to reduce the noise. Also, unlike other types of lullaby toys, this only plays songs and doesn't interupt with spoken word/speech sections. All in all, a much better replacement for our previous model.