5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product!!
Published on 12 July 2009 by Cheryl

3.0 out of 5 stars Great at first but doesn't last
I'm editing this review after using the item for a few months. My original review was...

"I bought this to become part of the bedtime routine. At first I was a little disappointed as my son took no notice of it but after only a few nights using it, he loved it and turns his head to wait for it to start. He then happily drifts off to sleep to the tunes...
Published on 12 Aug. 2010 by Mrs Blonde

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product!!, 12 July 2009
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I bought this product for my little girl when she was around 9weeks old. She totally loves it! It is great because it allows for the volume to be adjusted aswell as having a daytime mode and night time mode. In the morning, i have the music quite loud whereas at night, i put it down as low as it can go. It has 3 different songs for the day mode and another 3 different ones for night mode. I always stick to the same one at night time so that my little girl realises its bedtime. After her feed, i put her into her crib, put it onto the timer mode for 10mins and by the time it switches off, she's asleep!! FAB! And if she gets up cryng at any point, the lightshow switches itself back on and she goes back to sleep. Means that i dont have to lift her out to calm her, she now has the ability to get herself back to sleep. I would defo recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 20 May 2009
Mr. P. Wood - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
After much deliberation on whether to buy a cot mobile or light show, we opted for this. Our daughter finds the music very soothing and the light show grabs her attention as she drifs off to sleep. If she stirs the sound activation option kicks the music and lights back in to get her back off to sleep. Overall tha sound quality is excellent and the projected image on the ceiling is very clear. winner!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great at first but doesn't last, 12 Aug. 2010
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)

It is really simple to fit to the crib / cot. The projected pictures of Winnie the Pooh and friends are clear and gentle, and the buzzing bee etc add a bit of fun. However, we found we could only use it on one side of the crib, away from the wall, as on the other side the images would distort up the wall (because the crib side leans). This means the images have to be projected upside down for us, but our baby doesn't seem to care! Also, it uses up batteries quickly. I like the music but wish there was a mode which played a selection of tunes and not the same one over and over again.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this purchase and would recommend it."

I would no longer recommend this as, like some other reviewers have said, it has now stopped working correctly and the lightshow on the unit flickers. So, even though the projected picture is still ok, it can't be used anymore.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I bought one of these for my son. Hes a toddler and I was looking for a night light, and this had the bonus of soothing music and being Winnie the Pooh who he loves. Started out great, loved the tunes and the projection, he'd clap to make it come back on again, wouldn't take long and he'd be asleep. Also found it great for bringing to different places we'd stay, it was familiar and a comfort and he'd sleep anywhere with it.
Unfortunately though it doens't last. I did get nearly 3 months out of the first one I bought on line. I thought maybe he'd broken it somehow. So I bought another in a shop, this one lasted 2 weeks, and I know he didn't do anything to this one. I was disgusted. I looked for a different one, but my son loved this one so stupidly I bought a third one, just for some peace. Total waste, only a week this time. First the day function seems to stop working, we rarly used this so it didn't affect us too much. Then the light show starts flickering like a strobe. Finally it wont even turn on, even with new batteries. And it eats batteries, every week I seem to be changing them.
Its brilliant if it would only stay working. Can't believe people have had these same complaints for the last few years, surely they'd have sorted it out by now.
Very disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Vtech Sleepy Bear Sweet Dreams, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
We had the Vtech for the first 3 months after baby was born and I accidentally dropped it and the light show stopped working (turning) so I did some research and the Tomy Winnie the Pooh one was quite popular so I bought that as a replacement.

Whilst it looks very cute, it only has 3 song options for each mode (day or night) and the annoying thing is that you have to press a button to make it move onto the next song, it doesn't just move onto the next one automatically like the Vtech (which also has lots and lots of different songs on it). Also at night time mode, my baby looks like a deer caught in the headlights as the light on the side is far too bright and he actually turns away from it. The lightshow on the ceiling is good and moves nice and slowly and the morning mode songs are happy and uplifting and it is easy to attach to the cot (although if you have very wide spaces between the cot bars it might not attach well).

Luckily my Vtech started magically working again so we now use that one at night as it had very calming soft tunes and subtle lighting, lots of different song options and you can set it to play for 5, 10 or 15 minutes.

If you can't decide I highly suggest going for the Vtech.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but defective...., 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I received this as a gift and was really excited. Overall it is a great product and my twins love it. At 3 1/2 months they now look up and laugh at the moving images of pooh and the gang on the ceiling. We have a slanted roof ceiling above the crib so it is ideal.

HOWEVER....what I did not see in the most popular reviews were some of the negative points. And perhaps ours is defective but I saw on the Amazon.com site that other people had had the same issues.

First, the mechanical noise is very loud like a ticking which overbears the lovely Winnie the Pooh music. The volume control makes hardly any difference which is frustrating if they are getting ready for sleep.

Pros: The on switch has two settings which means it can come on automatically in response to noise or when your baby starts crying. It has a daytime setting with a white screen and the night-time setting includes the projector but I often have this on in the daytime as well because our babies love it so much. It is interactive as babies grow with buttons to press that make Winnie the pooh sounds like a bumble bee and tigger etc.

For the price its very good, but don't pay more that the sale price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Baby Buy!, 10 Aug. 2010
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
This is undoubtably one of our best baby purchases. The beautiful mobiles we recieved as gifts are just a bit too stimulating at bed time but this is perfect. The music lasts about 20 mins and is nice and quiet on it's lowest setting. The range of tunes is nice too but to be honest, we've stuck with one and it's been a great sleep cue for our little one. We bought this when she was about 5 weeks and hard to settle but it really helped her sleep and now, at 8 months, she still loves it and sleeps easiest when it's on.

Yes, it is pretty battery hungry but we do use it every night, and often during the day for nap times too. Now that our little one is bigger, she loves pushing the buttons to make Pooh snore - I'm often woken in the morning to the tune and snoring Tigger but she will happily lie and watch the light show, sometimes even falling back to sleep - yay!
I was discussing with a group of other mum what the best gifts for new parents were and we all agreed that this was one of the best things we bought and have gifted it since. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good product but ..., 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
My 10 week old loves this. It gives him something to listen to and look at when he is in his cot and because of the 2 settings (day/night)which has different pictures and tunes depending on which is selected there is plenty to keep him entertained.

On day or night mode there are 3 different tunes but it doesn't cycle through them, you have to choose one by pressing a button and then it keeps playing that one, which my son doesn't seem to mind.

In day mode there is no projection on to the ceiling. The projection in night mode however is much better than the VTech Sleepy Bear Sweet Dreams light show which we had for our older son. it is in focus whatever the distance from the ceiling.

The setting where the light show is reactivated when the baby makes a noise is 6 mins long and the setting where it doesn't reactivate is 18 mins long.

This is worth buying and the price is about right i think

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 24 Sept. 2012
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
Good product, does exactly what it says in the description!
I've never used the daytime mode, the night mode plays a lovely tune (that will get stuck in your head!) and is a good volume, not really loud like a lot of similar products, and projects a moving image of Winnie the Pooh and friends playing and having a picnic. There are buttons on the front that play sounds, but my son is too young for those yet.

Unfortunately it doesnt stop my son from screaming so I still have to go up and settle him when he wakes but I think thats more because of his age, in a couple months time when he's about 6 months old I'm hoping he'll love watching the show and will go back to sleep on his own! (fingers crossed!)

It does seem to drain the batteries, we're on our third set already but they were only shop bought ones, I've put lithium ones in there now so expecting those to last!

I would recommend this product

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor quality item., 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I read some of the reviews on this item and thought it would be a really good upgrade on the one I have for my baby. At first glance I was happy and bought some re chargable batteries for it. I found that the sound is incredibly poor, very tinny and the tune annoying. It makes a clicking sound, the volume switch made no difference at all.. at the lowest and highest the sound is exactly the same. which would be okay but its too loud for bedtime. The image is very blurry, I tried cleaning it in case it was dust but it wasn't, just very foggy.. all in all I was so disappointed with this product. The main thing that sold it to me was the fact it has voice activation, so if the baby cries it switches back on for a few minutes.. Its the only thing it has going for it but I am just gonna stick with my simple little Tomy one. It does the job. Have asked for a refund. I would not recommend anyone bother with this.