5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product!!
Published on 12 July 2009 by Cheryl

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Vtech Sleepy Bear Sweet Dreams
We had the Vtech for the first 3 months after baby was born and I accidentally dropped it and the light show stopped working (turning) so I did some research and the Tomy Winnie the Pooh one was quite popular so I bought that as a replacement.

Published on 18 Feb. 2013 by Mrs G

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product!!, 12 July 2009
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I bought this product for my little girl when she was around 9weeks old. She totally loves it! It is great because it allows for the volume to be adjusted aswell as having a daytime mode and night time mode. In the morning, i have the music quite loud whereas at night, i put it down as low as it can go. It has 3 different songs for the day mode and another 3 different ones for night mode. I always stick to the same one at night time so that my little girl realises its bedtime. After her feed, i put her into her crib, put it onto the timer mode for 10mins and by the time it switches off, she's asleep!! FAB! And if she gets up cryng at any point, the lightshow switches itself back on and she goes back to sleep. Means that i dont have to lift her out to calm her, she now has the ability to get herself back to sleep. I would defo recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 20 May 2009
Mr. P. Wood - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
After much deliberation on whether to buy a cot mobile or light show, we opted for this. Our daughter finds the music very soothing and the light show grabs her attention as she drifs off to sleep. If she stirs the sound activation option kicks the music and lights back in to get her back off to sleep. Overall tha sound quality is excellent and the projected image on the ceiling is very clear. winner!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Vtech Sleepy Bear Sweet Dreams, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)

Whilst it looks very cute, it only has 3 song options for each mode (day or night) and the annoying thing is that you have to press a button to make it move onto the next song, it doesn't just move onto the next one automatically like the Vtech (which also has lots and lots of different songs on it). Also at night time mode, my baby looks like a deer caught in the headlights as the light on the side is far too bright and he actually turns away from it. The lightshow on the ceiling is good and moves nice and slowly and the morning mode songs are happy and uplifting and it is easy to attach to the cot (although if you have very wide spaces between the cot bars it might not attach well).

Luckily my Vtech started magically working again so we now use that one at night as it had very calming soft tunes and subtle lighting, lots of different song options and you can set it to play for 5, 10 or 15 minutes.

If you can't decide I highly suggest going for the Vtech.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as I had hoped, 7 May 2015
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I was slightly disappointed with this item. The light show is ok but I have seen much better from competitors. I would have liked it if it was possible to play the light show without a tune playing as when baby was sharing our room it meant I was disturbing my husband (who had to wake early for work) every time I put baby back into his cot after a night feed and wanted to activate the lights. I also felt that if I could have played the light show only baby would have fallen back to sleep a little more quickly than he did having to also listen to the music. There is an option to leave the music and lights set to activate upon a loud noise which seemed like a good idea however turned annoying really quickly when baby was in our room and my husband had a cold resulting in him snoring quite loudly.
I have ended up purchasing an alternative light show item which I now use in place of this one. I would still give it a 3 star rating however as I think for some other people it would be a great item to have. One tip I would give to purchasers however is to stock up on batteries, it runs through them really quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Baby Buy!, 10 Aug. 2010
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
This is undoubtably one of our best baby purchases. The beautiful mobiles we recieved as gifts are just a bit too stimulating at bed time but this is perfect. The music lasts about 20 mins and is nice and quiet on it's lowest setting. The range of tunes is nice too but to be honest, we've stuck with one and it's been a great sleep cue for our little one. We bought this when she was about 5 weeks and hard to settle but it really helped her sleep and now, at 8 months, she still loves it and sleeps easiest when it's on.

Yes, it is pretty battery hungry but we do use it every night, and often during the day for nap times too. Now that our little one is bigger, she loves pushing the buttons to make Pooh snore - I'm often woken in the morning to the tune and snoring Tigger but she will happily lie and watch the light show, sometimes even falling back to sleep - yay!
I was discussing with a group of other mum what the best gifts for new parents were and we all agreed that this was one of the best things we bought and have gifted it since. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good product but ..., 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
My 10 week old loves this. It gives him something to listen to and look at when he is in his cot and because of the 2 settings (day/night)which has different pictures and tunes depending on which is selected there is plenty to keep him entertained.

On day or night mode there are 3 different tunes but it doesn't cycle through them, you have to choose one by pressing a button and then it keeps playing that one, which my son doesn't seem to mind.

In day mode there is no projection on to the ceiling. The projection in night mode however is much better than the VTech Sleepy Bear Sweet Dreams light show which we had for our older son. it is in focus whatever the distance from the ceiling.

The setting where the light show is reactivated when the baby makes a noise is 6 mins long and the setting where it doesn't reactivate is 18 mins long.

This is worth buying and the price is about right i think

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 24 Sept. 2012
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
Good product, does exactly what it says in the description!
I've never used the daytime mode, the night mode plays a lovely tune (that will get stuck in your head!) and is a good volume, not really loud like a lot of similar products, and projects a moving image of Winnie the Pooh and friends playing and having a picnic. There are buttons on the front that play sounds, but my son is too young for those yet.

Unfortunately it doesnt stop my son from screaming so I still have to go up and settle him when he wakes but I think thats more because of his age, in a couple months time when he's about 6 months old I'm hoping he'll love watching the show and will go back to sleep on his own! (fingers crossed!)

It does seem to drain the batteries, we're on our third set already but they were only shop bought ones, I've put lithium ones in there now so expecting those to last!

I would recommend this product

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor quality item., 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I read some of the reviews on this item and thought it would be a really good upgrade on the one I have for my baby. At first glance I was happy and bought some re chargable batteries for it. I found that the sound is incredibly poor, very tinny and the tune annoying. It makes a clicking sound, the volume switch made no difference at all.. at the lowest and highest the sound is exactly the same. which would be okay but its too loud for bedtime. The image is very blurry, I tried cleaning it in case it was dust but it wasn't, just very foggy.. all in all I was so disappointed with this product. The main thing that sold it to me was the fact it has voice activation, so if the baby cries it switches back on for a few minutes.. Its the only thing it has going for it but I am just gonna stick with my simple little Tomy one. It does the job. Have asked for a refund. I would not recommend anyone bother with this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable., 6 Mar. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
The light show on the ceiling is quite nice - it shows pooh and friends on a picnic.
The music is very annoying. It reminds me of an old player-piano: very metallic sounding.
Sadly I cannot find a way of having the light show without the music.
It is very loud - even on its quietest setting - and very bright.
The baby seems to like it though.

Edited to add:
After 3 months the lightshow is faulty. Night-time works fine, but the daytime show is not completely visible, being half obscured by the night-time show.
A shame.

Edited to add:
After 8 months the day time show is completely gone. It plays daytime music but only shows the night time pictures, and without the overhead show. Night time show is still fine.
Really disappointing.
I shall be resigning it to the scrap heap.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow (Baby Product)
I loved the idea of this item and thought tomy would be good quality. i was dissapointed with the clarity of the pictures as they are very blurry not only on the ceiling but also on the screen at the front. Its also very heavy and the way that it attaches to the cot worried me so much that i now have this on the windowsill not on the cot as i would worry it would fall on my baby and cause him some damage.

I do however like the function that switches the projecor on should the baby wake crying in the night to allow baby to sooth themself back to sleep. The music also has a time out fuction so that battery power is saved if accidently left on, and also allows baby to fall asleep before switching off without parental interaction.

The tunes are nice and perfect volume, the buttons on the front are fun too.

TOMY Winnie the Pooh Sweet Dreams Lightshow