5.0 out of 5 stars bonnie1
Published on 22 May 2009 by A. devlin

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy and Bulky
I wanted a dog ramp that would store easily in the car, that would unfold quickly and that the dog (a German Shepherd, normally quite intelligent) would use.

Published on 13 Aug 2010 by Adrian Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars bonnie1, 22 May 2009
A. devlin "goodmusic" (ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp (Misc.)
This is a life saver for my elderly dog. She has been having increasing difficulty getting in to the rear seat of my Ford Focus car. I was not sure if she would use it, however with minimal effort and the help of a bacon treat she mastered it and was not intimidated by it. Now she has a new comfy bed in the boot of the hatchback and with the lid removed permanently she is still in the car with me. My dog is a 42 kg German Shepherd x and this ramp is wide, long, non-slip and very strong. I would recommend it highly to anyone who's best friend is having mobility problems. It may seem slightly expensive, but it is well worth every penny. I can also advise that my car is metallic black and 2 months old and the coating on this product does not chip or scratch the paintwork. I hope this helps anyone who has been having similar difficulties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel-Lite Tri Fold Pet Ramp, 3 Jun 2011
Mr. Peter Geach (Isle of Wight, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp (Misc.)
I have just bought the light weight version, 14 lbs weight, with reduced width of 16 inches; but this is plenty wide enough for my Labrador.
It can take a dog weighing up to 200lbs.
The pet ramp is made from tough plastic with robust hinges. Non-slip grit type surfaces ensure good grip. It easily folds down for storage in the boot. The low weight makes the ramp easily handlable.
One review said their dog doesn't like it. Suggest using a treat; piece of sausage or biscuit to entice it up and down the ramp until it gets used to it; a treat works wonders!
Another reviewer said the non-slip surface scratched the car seats; well either put it in the boot; put a blanket on the seat or wrap up the folded ramp.
Ideal piece of kit, especially the lightened version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Strong, 27 July 2010
G. Hawkes "G Hawkes" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp (Misc.)
This ramp is strong, sturdy and a good width, which holds my GSD with ease. The only downside is that it's a little heavy and therefore awkward to load into the car roof-box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tri-Fold Dog Ramp, 7 April 2011
This review is from: Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp (Misc.)
I found this sturdy and easily folded, but a little heavy. Dogs have to be trained and coaxed to use this. Good for post operational and elderly dogs, if they can be persuaded that they would be better using it. Saves on bad backs through lifting heavy dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars dog ramp, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp (Misc.)
I purchased the ramp for my ageing, arthritic boxer who was experiencing difficulty getting in and out of my estate car.What a difference a day makes. After just a couple of practice attempts, with the help of a line of treats to coax him in the right direction, he was soon getting in and out of my car like a puppy. Both of us now look forward to our daily ride and walk with renewed enthusiasm, a spring in our step and a glint in our eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every thing it says on the box, 11 Nov 2011
This review is from: Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp (Misc.)
We have a three year old Newfoundland bitch who would not jump into the back of our people carrier without help, this meant I could not take her out without my husband so we purchased the travel lite dog ramp.

It only took two attempts to get her to use it, now I have to slow her down as when I put up the ramp she is raring to go.

I am a pensioner of slight build but I have no difficulty in lifting the ramp in and out of the car and putting it in place.

The only thing to be aware of is the surface of the ramp is like sandpaper so it needs to be wrapped to protect the interior of car from scratches. It would be nice if they provided a bag to put the ramp in.

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy and Bulky, 13 Aug 2010
This review is from: Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp (Misc.)

As soon as this arrived, I could see the ramp was bulky and heavy. It occupied most of the rear seat and scratched everything within range with a heavily abrasive finish - presumably to give the dog some grip when ascending/descending. Even the dog found the surface worrying! As for the car trim (back of seats etc), that suffered too.

Sure, the ramp was substantial - it was meant for larger dogs - but it seems the designers had been over-influenced by health and safety rather than common sense. The dog doesn't like it. I don't either. It lives in the garage awaiting a new owner. I still find it easier to lift the dog in than to use the ramp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp (Misc.)
Having tried another ramp that my 15st Irish wolfhound fell off I was very sceptical about this one but desperately needed something. Took the plunge and was delighted. He wasn't too keen on the sandpaper-like covering at first but I just used a short piece of cheap carpet and he was fine. Having spent 4 years battling with my old ramp, then buying something just not fit for purpose, when I bought this I was so relieved. I even got him to use it from a stand in the end, instead of the usual run up. The adjustable length is great and it is VERY strong (as I said, Finn was 15 stone!). Only one smal grip - you need to take care when handling it. it has a clip to stop it sliding open - very handy! But if you forget to use it it hurts when it lands on your bare foot! My fault, not the ramp! It's light, well-designed and easy to use - recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars dog ramp, 5 Sep 2012
This review is from: Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp (Misc.)
This ramp is excellent. Easy to use, easy to store. It was delivered promptly and with a few treats in hand our arthritic retriever found it a real help!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 28 Mar 2012
This review is from: Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp (Misc.)
I recently purchased one of these ramps for my dog as he had a knee operation a few months ago and needed something to make it easier for him to get in and out of the car, I was alittle worried about the strength of it as my dog weighs 178 pounds so is close to the weight limit but it holds him pretty well, ofc it bends alittle due to his weight but supports him well. Due to it folding into 3 sections it makes it easy to transport as it fits into my passenger seat since there is no room in the back after the dog gets in.

Only bad points I have to say about it is that the surface is rather rough which ofc is to help stop the dog from slipping but it would damage the car seats if you dont wrap it up in a towel, the only other issue is although it is wide due to the size of my dog hes very close to the edges when walking up and down it.

Overall though a very good product and if you want to make your dog's life alittle easier its definatly worth the money.

Travel Light Tri-Fold Dog Ramp