5.0 out of 5 stars Travel in style with a funki Trunki!
Published on 27 Jun 2010 by Cream crackered

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
The first time we had to pick up the case by the handles they came off at the bracket due to poor stitching.
Published 20 months ago by Trunki

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel in style with a funki Trunki!, 27 Jun 2010
Cream crackered (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink) (Luggage)
A Trunki is a little suitcase designed for children 3-6 years old. They come in a range of different designs but are all the same size and shape. They are not only suitcases but double up as ride ons! Each different design has a different name, which is fun for kids and makes them feel like their Trunki has a life of their own! My daughter chose this pink Trunki, calle Trixie...

Trunki's aren't very big and are certainly not the size of adult suitcases (be aware of this if buying online). They are infact designed to hold hand luggage and meet the current UK hand luggage restrictions. They are suprisngly lightweight and are also quite deep.

Our Trunki looks like a mini suitcase. It has wheels and 2 'horns' on the front (these are for the child to hold on to whilst they ride). Our Trunki also has a handle for adults to pick the case up. It also has a thick strap that can be used on an adults shoulder or to unclip and pull the case along.

Trixie is very pretty and very eyecatching - we always get comments on it and it always stands out, so there's no chance of us losing it. She is also an 'updated' version which means there are a number of new features. The first feature is a plastic key that is attached to the main strap - this is to add extra security to the Trunki. The second feature is the carry handle on top of the case which is good for adults to grab in a rush. The third and fourth features are an internal pouch and 'teddybear seatbelts' - the internal pouch is handy for storing small things away and the teddybear seatbelts hold everything in place and appear to make extra space inside the Trunki. The fifth feature is a Trunki passport - this is a small, cardboard passport intended on keeping tots entertained, you can fill the passport up with holiday information and downloads (I must admit we haven't yet bothered with this but it may well come in useful in a couple of years time).

The case is opened and closed via 2 secure catches either side of the case. These catches are easy enough for adults to open but not so easy for children - this has its upsides and downsides. The Trunki also has a soft rubber rim around the edges to protect little fingers whilst packing.

My daughters most favourite thing about her Trunki is the fact she can ride on it. The main strap can be removed for zooming around on the Trunki by herself or the main strap can be removed at just one end of the Trunki so I can pull her along on it (without her moaning or falling behind!). Even though my daughter has just turned 3 years old her Trunki isn't too big for her - she can climb on and off with ease and even needs to bend her legs a little when I pull her along on it. The first few times I pulled her along on her Trunki I was quite nervous that it would tip over and she would fall off, but I was relieved to find that the Trunki was very sturdy and had good stabilisers to prevent her from falling off. To date we have had no incidents with our Trunki, fingers crossed.

Our Trunki has come in very useful for when we have been queueing to check in or waiting around in departure lounges - my daughter has her own portable seat! It also fits nicely under seats and in overhead compartments. We have travelled via plane and train with our Trunki so far...

We are yet to receive any damage to our Trunki (or any of the contents inside our Trunki) as it is very robust. It is made from the same hard plastic as adult suitcases are which means it's designed to be strong and durable.

There is plenty of space inside our Trunki and it holds everything my daughter needs whilst travelling. It isn't really big enough for anything other than holding hand luggage, except for an overnight stay and maybe a weekends worth of stuff at a push.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST LOVE IT, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink) (Luggage)
My 3,5 years old cousins loved it!Is the third one i buy!Is the best present both for mothers and kids!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes trips interesting, 17 Jan 2010
D. Dray (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink) (Luggage)
I bought a trunki for each of my children (aged 5 and 3) and used them on a flight twice. The product is useful for:
* Carrying lots of toys to use on the plane, without having to CARRY lots of toys.
* Giving the kids something to play with to a certain extent though the 3 yr old had trouble riding on it and the 5 year old's legs were too long.
* Dragging kids along quickly to the gate (I managed to haul both of them along at a really fast pace while they rode)
* Seats for the kids when they complain they're tired. They are really sturdy.
* Carrying luggage (the long straps work well)
* Fitting into overhead lockers. On an Airbus 777 they fit in side by side, with the "faces" facing you and there is lots of room for other luggage in the overhead.
* Having an older child drag along her own luggage a good distance.

The design could be improved in the following ways:
* More thought into a strap for the kids to pull it along themselves. Somehow this wasn't quite right.
* They can topple over if dragged incompetently (as a child would). Perhaps adjusting the centre of gravity would make a difference.
* The clips to open the bag are slightly fiddly and wearing on nails as you have to open one side and then unhook the other. Things always seem to get caught in the side when closing so it takes a bit longer than you'd hope.

Overall, being a single travelling mother of two it was really handy to have them and I'm happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink) (Luggage)
great hardwearing product my children loved it. you can certainly fit everything you need into this sturdy little suitcase and pull your children around on it. amused our children when delayed at the airport and can be used as hand luggage

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 15 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient and Fun, 7 April 2010
K. Sangampalayam (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink) (Luggage)
Our daughters loved this Trunki on sight. It has provided endless entertainment in the airport with little one (19 months) being pulled around by the elder girl (4+ yrs). The horns on the case provide good support for the riding child and the case is very sturdy. It gave us a welcome break. The holding capacity of the Trunki is very good as well and we could put in a number of items. The design of the latches is very good and little fingers dont get caught in in, nor does the case open if a mistake is made by an inquisitive child. As it is a solid colour and not one of the animal designs, we feel the girls will be happy to carry the Trunki around for a few more years as well. Overall an excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite with children, 24 Sep 2014
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink) (Luggage)
Favourite with children. Good from 2.5years to about 7or8 years. So buy when they are young to get the full usage from this trunki. We bought loads of the accessories to go with this, including stickers. It's a robust bit of kit. Children ride on top, scoot along or are pulled along by parents, a god send in the airport. Also, small enough for hand luggage so can be taken onboard. No hissy fits from your toddler as they are forced to wave goodbye to trunki just walk on the plane and remember they need to drink their juice or water before going through security!! We bought stickers for the trunki to customise it so there was no mixing up of trunki with others. Fun, and functional sum this up.

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves to ride on it which makes airport queues less of a trial!, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink) (Luggage)
Great colours for a girl and just enough space for a change of clothes and some toys and stickers to keep her entertained on the plane too

5.0 out of 5 stars It is perfect. It held her toys, 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink) (Luggage)
Our daughter of 2 loves it and so do we!!! It is perfect. It held her toys, she sat on it and moved herself and we pulled her. She still plays with it now when she pretends to go on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Nov 2009
S. Atkins (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink) (Luggage)
Bought this just before going on holiday as I had seen them at other airports whilst travelling on business and it was a great purchase. My little girl loved taking it for walks and talking to it, and when bored sitting on it. It raised smiles on other travellers' faces too. If you listened carefully you'd hear the hush words of 'Dragons' Den' every now and again. It's robust (my main concern) and quite spacious. Not sure why (when they upgraded this one) they only put one handle on it, when other trunkies have 2...

Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink)