5.0 out of 5 stars They forgot the best bit.
Published 17 months ago by J Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars Spudz 10 X 10 cloth
I was disappointed with the size of this, because the cloth is sewn into the bottom of the pouch, you can't fully use the cloth to clean a lens.
Published 13 months ago by sparrow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars They forgot the best bit., 30 Jan 2013
J Walker (Margate) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spudz SPBK20 10x10 Micro Fibre Lens Cloth In Pouch -Black (Electronics)
This product is small and light and as such I have it clipped to my camera strap thus it is never further than 6 inches away from my camera. Basically, it is a lens cloth and it does that job very well. I've had this for a couple of years now and it cleans glass to a smear free finish every time whether it is where I have clumsily put a finger-print on the lens or specks of rain have fallen on the glass. But here is the thing that everyone seems to have forgotten to mention, the cloth is 18% grey (or gray of you're American). Why is this important? Well, no matter where I am, I have the perfect tool for setting my white-balance. Simply lay the cloth out, select the custom white balance and take the shot. Perfect white balance every time. Before this, I would either take a piece of card with me or have to find something of neutral colour. I see some people claim that it left their lens dusty but I have never had that problem. This will safely be the most convenient lens cloth and white-balance tool you could ever get. If you are a photographer, you need one of these. If you know a photographer, these make perfect cheap little gifts/stocking fillers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for cleaning camera lenses, 5 Jun 2012
I bought this cloth as part of my camera lens cleaning equipment and it works very well. Small smudges on the lens or filter can be just wiped away. Slightly more stubborn marks usually come away if you gently breath on the glass then wipe away.

I also have a lens cleaning pen which is quite good but can leave a slight residue behind. The micro cloth gets rid of the residue completely, leaving a perfectly clean lens. The only improvement I would like to see on this product is a way of closing the pouch completely so that muck can't get onto the cloth when it's being carried around.

In short, an essential item for any camera bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lens cloth with built in storage and drying wire clip, 31 Dec 2013
Chris Hoare "Chris" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The Spudz micro fibre lens cloth is a grey card coloured lens cloth that is attached to its own neoprene storage container. The lens cloth is easy to get out and put back into the neoprene; and the micro fibre does a good job in cleaning a lens of dust and moisture. I used it recently in a jungle for a few days and it removed lots of moisture and dirt (mud generally gets a first removal with a bottle of water) from my gopro case and slr lens filters with the cloth removing whatever was left. Used on such harsh environments Its pretty easy to clean - though its best to have two for those circumstances a dirt and finishing cloth set. Using the pouch you can't protect one side from the other easily to have a single cloth be dual purpose. When its dirty flip the neoprene inside out to get all the cloth out and (its stitched into the neoprene) then keep holding onto the neoprene - its a hands on affair with water and a mild a soap as you can find as you can't machine wash it. On my unusual trip that happened once a day and the cloth was still soft on the fifth day of daily washing.

Once washed put it somewhere to air dry (not in the dryer.) The pouch has a clip to attach it to things (like a camera strap) I don't understand the point of that - i want to keep the cleaning cloth away from the dirt till I need it. I did find it very useful on the hotel bathroom drying wires after washing them though.

There are cheaper ways to get lens cleaning cloths but the micro fibre and attached pouch make this a great choice for travelling with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 28 Nov 2011
Teardust (Elgin, Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
The cloth is 10 inch square and big enough. After using the cloth it is simply stuffed in the pouch where it stays in place even although the opening is on the bottom. Looks good quality and is very easily swapped about. Very efficient at its job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spudz cleaning cloth, 18 Mar 2009
V. Jones "Jones Books" (Surrey, England UK) - See all my reviews
What a great idea. I've attached mine to my camera strap so it's always handy and gave one to a fellow photographer, who is also delighted with it. I wish I could fold it up again as neatly as the makers, though!
Recommended for spectable wearers and binocular users too. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for cleaning optics such as lenses and glasses., 2 Jan 2014
This product is small, light, self contained with a high quality, dense cloth. In my experience to date, I have found this to be an excellent product and great value too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really handy lens cloth, 15 Dec 2013
A practical cloth with a pouch that actually is more useful as a grey card! I probably use this more as grey-card than I do as a lens cloth. Overall it is small and handy and ideal when you want to travel light.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spudz 10 X 10 cloth, 30 May 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 5 April 2013
This seems to be a handy little item, although i have numerous lens clothes it's a bit of a hassle taking my backpack off to get a lens cloth out when i need it. This just hangs off my camera strap, has a handy little neoprene pouch to push it back in to when i've finished with it. The lens cloth is quite good quality, is of a good size and can double up as a grey card if needed and seems to work a treat. In all a good item to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miraculous, very useful and durable., 29 Jun 2011
F. Mogosan "F M" (DUB, IE) - See all my reviews
I used this item since 2008 autumn when it was launched, i always had it in my photo bag, used it on L lenses, cheap lenses like nifty fifty, always did a good job and left my coating stellar. Microfiber is sooo soft, it could never harm, and if you wipe repeatedly and softly you get the best results (as with any lens cleaning device of this type).
Packs in a very small but elastic pouch, it's quite easy to use, i've never had any grief.
BEST thing is your microfiber always stays clean, unlike if it was free in your camera bag, and it's way handier than having it in a ziploc bag, this is way more practical. It never needed a wash for me because neoprene is not as sensitive as cotton.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›