5.0 out of 5 stars The Mangroomer
I have been using beauty scissors to trim my underarms and groin for years and was pleasantly suprised when I received the Mangroomer shaver from my wife. It works fairly simply with 1 key advantage - the foil blade has a 1 sided trimmer blade attached to it to cut longer hairs in same motion.

My tip to shaving everywhere quickly - always go in the motion...
Published on 15 Oct 2010 by Matt

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, broke after a couple of uses...
Poorly constructed, I bought this based on other peoples reviews, the first time it was amazing. Then the cheap casing protecting the blades fell off and it is no longer functional. I am very disappointed with this purchase.
Published 8 months ago by Mr Rajeev Kumar

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 21 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mangroomer Private Body Shaver (Personal Care)
It was received in a great shape, in a nice pack, and it was with me right on time. Very useful device, although it does not shave very will in some curves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor - avoid, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Mangroomer Private Body Shaver (Personal Care)
Not a great product.Having read some of the reviews and looked at the attractive price, I decided to give this a go. What a mistake! After a full 24 hour charge as recommended, it just didn't do the job. It doesn't trim at all, the adjustable comb retracts / collapses at the slightest pressure. No quibble refund given by Amazon, trimmer off to the recycling centre (a waste of resources in itself) and I'll spend slightly more on something that works.

1.0 out of 5 stars Man Groomer, 15 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mangroomer Private Body Shaver (Personal Care)
I looked at some of the reviews which praised this Shaver so decided to buy it. Well maybe my facial and body hair is stronger than others, because this thing is completely useless as far as I'm concerned.
The evidence of effectiveness is always to be found when removing the foil for cleaning. I don't really need to do that with this thing as there is never anything in there.
I've given it 1 star because it won't let me give it none and frankly it would lucky to get none. I could send it back but I just can't be bothered.
In a word, USELESS!!!

Pete

1.0 out of 5 stars mangroomer, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Mangroomer Private Body Shaver (Personal Care)
doesnt do what it says,tried it on various parts of my body,had to revert to hairtrimmer to get the job done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mangroomer, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: Mangroomer Private Body Shaver (Personal Care)
Tis product came on time, the cutting head tends to be a bit flimsy and always falling off, otherwise it works ok !

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Product, 17 Aug 2012
This review is from: Mangroomer Private Body Shaver (Personal Care)
This item has had some mixed reviews, so i will just say this; I have been using the mangroomer about a month and it replaced a remington, which in turn replaced a Philips. Out of the three this shaver is the best. The shaving foil cuts faster and more thoroughly than the other two ever did and I havent experienced one cut since I have been using it, something I honestly cant say about the others. The trimmer is very effective although I can understand how some people would prefer a double trimmer. I think the build quality is no better or worse than other brands I have used although the silver colour might make it look cheaper in some peoples eyes i suppose, but for my money its solid enough. The red removeable comb which sits on top doesent seem to me to be any cheaper quality than other brands with removable plastic parts, and yes it probably could be broken if you were rough with it but it isnt flimsy either. All in all its been a good buy so far, I spend much less time shaving with this model.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shaver, 19 July 2010
This review is from: Mangroomer Private Body Shaver (Personal Care)
Not a bad product. It takes a bit of time to get the hang of, but after a few uses you should be used to it. In a nut shell it is an effective product but not perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap rubbish advertised well!, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Mangroomer Private Body Shaver (Personal Care)
The "effortless" branding makes me laugh. I was left bleeding by this cheap razor which masquerades as a quality product. It does no more than a cheap set of clippers. Expensive product which does no more than a cheap face razor from Tesco. I feel that people need to know about this product so they don't make the mistake I made. Don't be fooled by smart packaging, I did.
I feel cheated but I suppose that's the roulette you play when you buy online.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good or bad???, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Mangroomer Private Body Shaver (Personal Care)
This one was a little funny actually. Before I actually say anything, I have yet to actually use the device, so I can't comment on how effective it is, but I can tell you my experience with purchasing it.

Well I saw this advertised on Amazon, and saw a few reviews and thought, looks good. So I bought it and it arrived on time. It was packaged nicely. But here comes the twist. Firstly on the advert it said it comes with a cleaning brush, no such brush in my box. Secondly, and this is partly my fault, it is actually a two prong EU connected device, which, in the UK is not the norm, so requires you to buy a 2 prong to 3 end device. Now although there are pictures of the device on the page, with one clearly showing the prongs, I missed this and went only on the basis that it didn't say in the item description.

Now as I couldn't use the device, I phoned Amazon to get a refund and apparently because the item is classed as health and beauty, it couldn't be returned. I told them I had never used it and only removed it from the box but again, no return could be accepted. Thankfully, they refunded my full amount and since they couldn't accept the item, allowed me to keep or dispose of how I wished. Although, annoyed they couldn't accept the item, as I had never used it, and the fact it was missing what was advertised, I was thankful they refunded my money.

So anyone thinking of buying this, just make sure you have a socket connector for the country you are in, otherwise you will need to purchase one. Or if you are in a country that uses two prong sockets, then no need to worry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 13 Aug 2014