5.0 out of 5 stars HP 300XL Black Cartridge
I know price isn't everything but I had just seen this ink cartridge at my local supermarket and was delighted to be able to buy it from IJT Direct through Amazon for much less. Being the manufacturer's cartridge it was simple to fit and I am pleased to be able to print again. It was a really easy transaction and the cartridge arrived promptly. What more can I say?
Published on 12 July 2011 by Aurion

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointing!
I bought this ink from Amazon directly (not from the sellers). It arrived very quickly as always with Amazon!

HP advertises the XL to be able to print around 600 pages which is a very good amount. I did concede that I may not get 600 copies depending on what I was printing so even 300 would have been acceptable.

I print leaflets for my business and...
Published on 9 Jan 2010 by Chiky

5.0 out of 5 stars HP 300XL Black Cartridge, 12 July 2011
This review is from: HP 300XL - Print cartridge - 1 x black - 600 pages (Office Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal product, 30 Aug 2009
This ink cartridge was value for money, worked very well in my printer and arrived promptly. I am very pleased with the product and service I received.

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointing!, 9 Jan 2010
Chiky (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

I print leaflets for my business and only use black and white. The leaflet itself does not use a heavy amount of black just some writing and a picture. I have only been able to print 100 copies and I have almost no ink left and need to reorder. This makes it a whopping 18 pence per page!! That is extremely expensive and well below the advertised 600 copies of print!

I am so disappointed with this as I had bought the HP F4580 as I thought I would be able to print a reasonable amount from it due to the advertisement HP had shown for their ink. Their numbers are completely off!

I would have given this a 1 star but the extra star is really for Amazon as the delivery was prompt and the price is the cheapest I have found anywhere online! Most other companies sell for around 20-25 pounds which would have made it worse!

Anyway just to sum up if you have already got an HP printer and use this ink then Amazon is prob the best place to buy from due to price and delivery. If anyone can find it cheaper please let me know! :-D. Otherwise if you are thinking of doing heavy printing then I would prob recommend staying away from an HP printer that uses this ink as you will not get much out of it. Better for people who are light casual printers.

Hope this review helps those who maybe thinking of purchasing an HP printer due to the advertised 600 pages print from the XL ink as it is not true! In fact I dread to think how much I can print from the normal 300 ink.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ink cartridge review, 9 Aug 2009
K. S. Emm (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is the best value for money way to use a black ink cartridge for my printer as it lasts a lot longer than the standard cartridge. Amazon has the best price I have found and is a lot less than in the supermarkets or Staples

5.0 out of 5 stars Good so far!, 11 Dec 2009
I bought this from this supplier, and it does do what it does without problems. Definitely it can print more than normal HP300 does, but I don't see it can reach as much as 600 which is listed in the ads. But for the quality, I think this one is the cheapest I can get in the market. But you could take a risk for more cheaper one on ebay.

1.0 out of 5 stars Same thing happened to me, 23 Jun 2009
The colour cartridge works fine but I had the same error message appear with the black cartridge. However, this was about the 6th replacement cartridge I've had from this supplier and the first time that this happened so I'm going to hope it was a one off incident. I'll give them another go and let you know how it goes...

1.0 out of 5 stars After 10 days, the printer came up with the indication 'no compatible', 15 April 2009
Angelica Ardley "Meg" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
After 10 days, the printer and software came up with the indication that the ink is no compatible with the printer. However, the first ten days I did print some pages. Therefore, I am afraid, maybe the ink was fake and I am disappointed because I spent more money to purchase the XL and now I have to spend even more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment!!, 31 July 2009
A. D. Vivas Alvarado (UK) - See all my reviews
After two months using it at most 3 pages per week, it started to show problems of compatibility with the printer. It is a shame that now it depends on the day, sometimes works others not.

5.0 out of 5 stars hp ink cartridge, 2 Jan 2012
Sj Keen - See all my reviews
it does what it says on the box!!! prints out pages without smudging, it is clear and prints 650 pages before one needs a refill, so it's great and wonderful and this is silly to be writing a review on an ink cartridge!

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and lasts long, 19 Jan 2011
i offer you to buy this rather than the ordinary one. its cheap and prints hell alot more than the ordinary ink. i am a student. i have been using it for a month (with "fast draft" option of course, to save from ink and to save the nature!) its still doing pretty good even in fast draft option, after more than 100 pages of print!