4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value!
Well what can I say here? People seem to slate things even though they pay very little for them, what do they expect, Zyldjan cymbals and someone to come out and install it for them?

Published 14 months ago by L. Hardy

1.0 out of 5 stars Junior Drum kit
Published 23 months ago by pagiblin

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value!, 20 May 2013
L. Hardy "Jay" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Performance Percussion PP200BLK 5 Piece Junior Drum Kit - Black (Electronics)

I got this kit for my son who's 4, it cost me 109. I didn't expect it to be a truly professional kit, but I did expect it to be a functioning dumkit, and it was. I agree it's not a pro tool, but it's just around 100 - a cheap toy it is NOT though.

My 4 year old son isn't going to be the next Cozy Powell, least not yet, and I didn't want to spend 100s+ on a more pro kit which he'll soon grow out of. I got this to get him started and that it does really well.

I've been a musician for 25+ years and although a guitarist, I've turned my hand to a few beats when necessary over the years. It's a cheap kit and if your son/daughter grows out of it and wants something better in a few years, then great it didn't cost you much - additionally if that little offspring loses total interest, you ain't lost anything either.

3 tips:

1) If you really need help how to set up the kit, the instructions weren't printed that well - check out Google, or YouTube to set up, there's plenty of info.
2) There's countless drum tab (music score) for free online, AC/DC appears to be the easiest for most beginners - either that or just a simple 4/4 beat will do.
3) Don't be tempted to sit on the drum stool, you'll break it with your fat arse, it's a kids drumkit remember! ;)

1.0 out of 5 stars Junior Drum kit, 17 Aug 2012
It would have helped knowing the size of the bass drum. The metal parts are sharp and there was no instructions. Lucky though as we are a musical family and my partner is a drummer. My little boy was very disappointed with the kit and it is not worth 160.00. I feel we have been completely misguided by the descriptionP.P. 5 Piece Junior Drum Kit, Black of the kit and I do not want others to do the same as we did.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre kit, 19 Jan 2013
Nothing special about this kit really. Wasn't too impressed with the high hat. But the toms were great very good tolerance. The crash was ok. The snare was terrible.

Performance Percussion PP200BLK 5 Piece Junior Drum Kit - Black