5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun!
My daughter got this for her first birthday and loves it! She has great fun posting the balls through - especially pushing them back in the holes they have come out of and shutting the doors. She especially likes hiding inside the dome while playing with other toys and playing with the keys. She is not walking unaided yet but the dome is very sturdy and supports her as...
Published on 10 Nov 2008 by A. Boughton

2.0 out of 5 stars annoying
This product is good and my twins love sitting in it.. but the attachments that go on the back for the balls to roll down are terrible, they only have to touch them and they fall off, dont think they have even stayed on for more then 5 mins so fare and we got this toy at the end of march... would not recommend this toy to anyone...
Published on 24 April 2010 by D. riley

4.0 out of 5 stars great, with the exception of minor details, 17 May 2010
ANA-MARIA BARSAN "amb" (Romania) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Discovery Dome Deluxe (Toy)
Overall it's a great toy, BUT: the plastic green channels don't fit very well with the holes, and my 17mths boy discovered that very soon, so now the fun is to pull them out of their places, which pretty much makes the toy losing it's main purpose...
however, me and his daddy enjoyed it VERY much
and little Luca does, but in his own way :)

4.0 out of 5 stars edu-tainment, 29 Oct 2009
Anna Fotaki - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Discovery Dome Deluxe (Toy)
a very nice toy of high quality materials. Although there are a lot of small items coming along...like balls and keys and we look for them all over the house

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 22 Oct 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Discovery Dome Deluxe (Toy)
This toy was bought for my daughter on her first birthday. Immediately after it was constructed 2 of the green ball shutes did not attach. After a couple of days of play all the green ball shutes started popping off. This prevents the balls from running through the shutes therefore it is no fun whatsoever for baby when the balls are constantly getting stuck. I am taking this back for a refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars Visually appealing, not well made, 23 May 2009
Mr. M. Kershaw (Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Discovery Dome Deluxe (Toy)
I bought this toy for my son's first birthday. We both loved its colourful appearance. However, the green clip-on ball chutes don't stay clipped on, it is a real design fault. Also, as other reviewers have pointed out, the thin tubes along the bottom are not secure.
Don't buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but not stable enough, 11 July 2012
C. McKay (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Discovery Dome Deluxe (Toy)
I bought this for my son some time ago and it is consigned to the loft. It's popped up on the screen while I've been looking for a present for a friend's child and I thought I should review it to save other people wasting their money! I love the concept of the toy, that the balls roll down and you use a key to unlock each door. however, the rails that the balls roll down don't stay in place, which is a real shame. My son loved ringing the bell, so, plus points there. He did spend Christmas day trying to reach up to ring it (he wasn't walking then) and also he liked the plastic keys. When we got it out again after moving house, he was about 18 months old and liked to sit in it as a mini tent, but with pieces falling off left, right and centre it got put in the loft and we bought him a tent. If the rails stayed on, I would be raving about this item and it would still be in my living room instead of 20ft above it!

3.0 out of 5 stars novelty soon wears off, 9 Feb 2009
T. V. Beer (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Discovery Dome Deluxe (Toy)
This toy has kept my 14 month old busy. It has keys for getting the balls out which are well and truely beyond the grasp of the age of the child it is aimed at. This means there is the choice of leaving chutes locked and child can't get balls out or leave them open and they shoot straight out. Maybe something a bit more simple that a young child can open or close would have been more appropriate.

I have found it sturdy enough for her and her 4 yeear old sister to play in together. The novelty of the toy has quickly worn off though and they have both lost interest.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tomy Discovery Dome Deluxe, 7 Oct 2008
C. JOSEY (UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Discovery Dome Deluxe (Toy)
I bought this product to find part of it had been put on the material back to front. As it was for my sons birthday and he'd already opened it i didnt want to send the toy back so my dad did come over and was able to unscrew the parts and put them on correctly. My son often leans onto the dome or tries to pull himself up on it, which can make it fall apart although its not actualy broken it means im constantly putting it back together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug 2014
A. J. Bailey (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Discovery Dome Deluxe (Toy)
My niece is everything to me. She spends hours with this thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect toy for kids but has some issues, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Discovery Dome Deluxe (Toy)
Our little son enjoys this toy very much. There are 2 things I do not like. Plastic parts on the sides of the toy do not stuck together so you do need to fix it with something but then it is not possibke to fold it. Another thing is, 1-year old son moves the toy easily as it is very slippery on the floor

3.0 out of 5 stars Didnt last long, 7 Dec 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Discovery Dome Deluxe (Toy)
I brought this as it had lots of activites but it just didnt seem to stay together very well. The ball bits where the ball slides down didnt clip well and so the ball would get stuck. One of the feet snapped off. The same thing happened with the ball catchers for the doors. That said the premise was good and my son liked playing with the keys and opening the doors but he found them stiff. I dont think i woudl recommend this to others to buy not unless there was a good offer. It is also quite large so bare in mind space issues when you buy.