on 12 October 2008
I bought this for my 5 month old daughter for christmas by then she will be 7 months. I work in childcare and we see daily evidence of the positive effects familiar photos have on babies. This toy combines this with visually stimulating colours, crinkly fabric tabs and a recordable message function. Despite trying to hide it (thought we'd put the photos in before we wrapped it) my daughter spotted it and her response was electric. She reached for the familiar faces and grabbed at the tabs. It is aimed at 6 months plus but it would be fine for younger babies if used under supervision, although it would be ideal if your baby can sit unaided as it is slightly heavy for mini fingers. I highly recommend this toy as it's great fun, educational and a great source of comfort and security for your baby. 10/10
on 31 October 2008
I CAN SEE ALL THE BENIFITS FOR BABIES BUT ALSO FOR OTHERS. MY SON IS 18 YEARS OLD MENTALY & PHISICALY DISABLED & HAS GREAT PROBLEMS WITH COMUNICATION THIS TOY IS BEEN GREAT FOR HIM. FOR STARTERS BRIGHT EYE CATCHING COLOURS, ITS GOOD & CHUNKY SO MAKES IT EASY FOR HIS FINGERS TO TURN PAGES, YOU CAN PUT REAL LIFE PICTURES IN (NOT SOME PENCIL OR CARTOON DRAWING THAT MEANS NOTHING) ITS A GOOD SIZE TO TRANSPORT AROUND & WE CAN PUT IN PICTURES OF FAMILY + THINGS HE WANTS LIKE DRINK ETC + WITH THE ADDED RECORDING IT REINFORCES TO THE PERSON WHAT THE PICTURE MEANS (WE SEND HIS WITH HIM WHEN HE GO'S TO RESPITE CARE & THEY THINK ITS GREAT) ALL IN ALL A SPLENDID PRODUCT THAT I WISH HAD BEEN MADE YEARS AGO, I WILL GET ANOTHER, CHEERS TOMY 10/10.
22 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2011
We needed this book to introduce ourselves to our prospective adopted daughter aged 7months.
It is bright and colourful and kept her attention.
Easy to follow instructions and easy to use.
on 12 January 2012
This was bought for an elderly relative who is in her nineties and suffers from alzheimer's. Her memory of her family has faded dramatically but she likes looking at photos. It was a very successful present. It is bright and colourful so captures her attention and she loves looking at the photographs. It's a nice way for her to look at photos of her family and being able to record a message made it extra special. Very good product which has uses across the generations!
on 6 January 2010
I bought this for my 18 month old daughter for Christmas. I have never felt compelled to write a product review before but I am so impressed with this product!! Katie just loves it and has barely put it down. The record function couldn't be easier (just a case of pressing two buttons at the same time while you/relative/friend records their message)and it also makes a little noise as you turn each page, before you hear the voice of the person in the photograph. My only complaint is that it can be quite tricky to get the photographs in and out! Other than that, I highly recommend it!!
on 5 September 2013
We sent this album to our adoptive daughter before we met her and she loved it. Easy to record and use.
on 14 May 2010
we bought this photo album for our 8 month old, and she loves it so much. her 3 year old cousin now wants one too. we have put photos of her grandparents and aunts and uncles with their voices, so she can be reminded of who is who and what they sound like. we even have our dog barking too!
its good and sturdy, nice and bright and pretty chew resistant too!
its easy to use, even the grandparents managed to record themselves correctly the first time
I bought this nearly four years ago for the mother of a one year old girl. She was facing the bleak reality of having to go back to work in order to pay for someone else to look after her daughter during the daytime. Being deeply sensitive to the suffering of others, I spotted this gadget and immediately thought of them. Actually, they still owe me for the cost of it. Of all the cheek.

It is a very chunky thing but that gives it an air of gravitas. It is still going strong four years later although, admittedly, it has led a rather sedentary life. The bright colours, the mirror on the front and the various little textured bits and pieces all help to engage the attention of smaller people. I'm not entirely comfortable with that caterpillar's role in things - to me, he looks like one of those dodgy blokes in Oxford Street who open up their raincoats to reveal two hundred 'genuine' Rolex watches. No? Oh well, that must just be me then.

Apart from a truly bizarre sound effect when the book is closed (it cannot be described adequately by using any words found in the English language, but it is a sort of giggle combined with the kind of sound someone might make if they were asked a question while eating a quarter of a pound of toffees in one go), the quality of the actual recordings is more than adequate. You only get eight seconds for each picture but that is more than enough time to preserve some real pearls of wisdom for future generations to take with them on their journey through life. Never one to miss out, I took the liberty of putting my own photograph inside one of the sleeves. I did find that rather tricky actually, both in terms of cutting the thing to the right size to begin with and then trying to position it properly inside the album. I then recorded something to the effect of 'Don't forget to moisturise', my somewhat weather-beaten appearance obviously emphasising that message to my young friend while there was still some hope left for her.

Her mother then added a few of her own mugshots and some gentle words of her own and was able to return to work, if not exactly happy, certainly feeling slightly more relaxed knowing she was still part of the little one's day. Gradually, photographs of the baby replaced her own (and mine - fame is so fleeting) and the sounds of her daughter's first words accompanied them... and then suddenly, it was being taken to the office with her every day and providing even more comfort that way round. Amazing.
on 16 December 2013
Very disappointed!!! i have purchased three of these as i need it for an important gift. all have the fault of interference (train like sound)when recording your message. what a waste of money. Love the concept, shame the product doesn't live up to expectations!!
on 9 June 2013
We purchased this product as we were in the process of adopting our daughter & we were asked to send her pictures of the family for her to get to know us. The product has proved to be a massive hit, is sturdy and made our lovely 18 month old welcome us at her foster home with the wonderful to hear cry of 'Mummy' and 'Daddy. We are so thrilled that this was her first present from us. Would recommend it as a present for any toddler as it serves us a useful purpose. Ideal if your family is far away but you want your child to treasure them.