Format: DVD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 January 2015
This 1991 family drama is one of the sweetest movies you'll ever see. I'm a big fan of Macaulay Culkin, who always made great films, and 'My Girl' is certainly no exception.

Fresh from the international success of 'Home Alone', Mac, now a household name, appears as Thomas J., best friend to little Vada (Anna Chlumsky), a quirky girl who is obsessed with death. Anna's father runs a funeral parlour, her mother is dead, and she has a crush on her English teacher. In an attempt to impress him, she joins a poetry class. Thomas.J. is a loyal friend, and he's seemingly allergic to everything, which, although is initially very amusing to the viewers, will tragically lead to his downfall.

'My Girl' is a movie that is guaranteed to touch me every time I see it. It's a beautiful story of friendship and youthful innocence, with plenty of laughs throughout, particularly from Anna Chlumsky, who I'm surprised didn't go onto become more famous after such an eye-catching performance. If you don't have a tear in your eye by the end of it all - you have no heart.
on 1 June 2006
This has been my favourite film since it came out. When i was younger i remember watching it so many times i could recite the whole thing on cue. Its still the only film that can make me sob and now i even know what to expect but still cant control it.

I watched it again a few weeks ago and now im older it takes on a whole different meaning. Before i liked it cos it had kids my own age and i cried because her friend died. It ws only when i got older i realised what else she was going through and it made me cry for different reasons.

I love this film and no film will ever come close to it. I am surprised the giril who played Vada didnt go on to be a big actress beacause in this she makes the film.

Whether your young or old, male or female this film is for you
on 15 June 2009
Amazing film, worth watching, but is guaranteed to make you sob. The sequel is not as good, but this is definately worth a watch.
on 20 January 2016
Arrived quickly, which was great as it was a Christmas present - although the plastic seal had a large label on it which wasn't nice to look at.
on 17 August 2005
This is my favourite film in the whole world. I have watched it that many times I just about know it word for word and I now need to buy another copy. I like Vada hate death and could never look at a coffin so at the end oh did I cry and still cry every time I watch it. Vada is a lovely kid and Im sure a lot of people can see a lot of themselves in her when they were young with all she goes through, a crush on a teacher a new mum and a death. Its a must buy
on 8 May 2011
Although I was born in 1992 a year after the film was made, I only watched it for the first time recently. I think that this was probably a good thing as it allowed me to understand it better. The story follows Vada Sultenfuss an 11 year old tomboy. She lives in a funeral parlour which makes death a big part of her life. Her view and feelings on this difficult subject changes as the film goes on and as we see her grow up over the summer of 1972. I will not give away anymore of the story but I challenge it to even move the hardest of hearts. It had me blubbering, but I always become emotionally involved in films. I would definately reccomend it to anyone but maybe not small children as they may find it distressing.
The acting is suberb from favourites Jamie Lee Curtis, Dan Akroyd and Macaulay Culkin. By far the strongst performance is from new young actress Anna Chlumsky as Vada. A five star film.
on 29 October 2003
This has to be one of the best family movies of the early 1990's when king of the child actors, Macaulay Culkin was at the height of his reign, the plot is just sheer genius and keeps right on track throughout the movie, a girl struggling to come to terms with a hard to understand adult world and all the mixed feelings that are raging around inside her, brought up in a funeral home and refusing point blank to even acknowledge death as a major issue in growing up, she seeks solace in Thomas J Sennet a local sort of a loner kid who is her soulmate, they share everything together even first kisses and as well as sharing in her angst he also forces her to face up to the cruel and wicked reality of death.
Just sheer brilliant
on 25 May 2016
not just 4 kids also grown ups could enjoy this if they r still young at heart!
on 13 December 2006
i use to watch this film every time i went to my mams best friens house from about the age of 6 she moved when i was about 11 so i didnt get to see it for years and few weeks ago i saw it on dvd so decided to buy it but turns out she had left the vidio behind for me and my mam had forgoten to give it to me so now i have tow copys go me lol i first watched this movie when i was 6 and i still love everything about it (8 years later) i cry every time i watch this it is so brilliant YOU HAVE TO SEEE IT my girl 2 is great aswell but 1 is the best i love it and always will
on 2 November 2015
Classic movie, watched it with my kids and they loved it.