on 6 January 2011
I bought this for my 6yr old daughter as a stocking filler. It's a fun little thing - just as I remembered from my childhood. My daughter has yet to use it fully on her own but it's been fun to help her make scarves for her dolls etc.

As another reviewer mentioned the stick that comes with it is a bit fiddly, we used a nintendo ds stylus! I was a bit concerned after reading reviews of similar products as to the size of the hole and whether it would work but I needn't have worried. It's cute too.
on 30 December 2010
I bought this as a stocking filler for my 4 year old daughter.
With a little help setting it up & starting off she's loved 'knitting' with this.
Think we may be making lots of scarves for teddy with it!

Found it easier to substitute the tool included for a crochet hook but apart from that a great little item.
on 31 May 2011
I bought this for my grandaughter aged 6. I think the minimum age is too low, the wooden stick for lifting the stitches is potentially dangerous for young children. It is a bit fiddly to use at first but with practice it gets easier.
on 5 January 2013
I bought 3 of these for grandchildren for Christmas,
They were thrilled to be able to make something of their
very own. They have been very busy. It is good to see
children doing something other than watching the tv.
on 17 April 2012
Bought for my sister as she had tried a friend's and liked it. A pleasant and relaxing past time. something slightly different . won't break the bank and won't clutter house either.
on 28 January 2013
The inner hole of the doll is not polished, there inside are some wood chips or may be snag and there's no way to push through the hole the thread. The stick is not as shown on the picture. It is just thin ready to break wooden stick, also not polished, and the tread clings for the stick and it is so difficult to work.
on 21 April 2012
this is a brilliant intro to knitting. The loops make it much easier than the traditional nails. Ergonomic, bright & cheerful design :)
on 8 February 2012
Although slightly fiddly for smaller fingers, this toy has been a hit with the children I work with. Once they mastered the technique it kept them busy until the ran out of wool. It was great value.
on 17 September 2011
I purchase this knitting doll as part of a craft package that I made up for my granddaughter to cheer her up as she recovers from a heart operation. Of all the items in the bag she truly loved the wooden french knitting doll.

It was truly a bargain & the smile on her face made it worth more; she loves it, plus of course it took me down memory lane as I showed her how to start off.

Thank you for such a delightful thing that arrived well on time safe & sound. Well packaged. Ellie Lewis
on 5 August 2014
This is not the best one I've found, the little needle thing needs more of a hook to "catch" the wool. Also the angles on the bit you put the wool round don't work so well, slips off quite easily. My. 5 year old is no where near able to use this even with crochet hook instead of what is provided.

See one answered question