5.0 out of 5 stars A real discovery
Having shared with our children and grandchildren the wonderful BBC DVD's on Narnia we are attracted to anything about C.S.Lewis. This man was also a great Christian theologian with his books 'Mere christianity' and the Screwtape Letters' etc.

Published on 10 Sep 2010 by A. Hewitt

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but lacking something
Published 22 months ago by Howard R. Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars A real discovery, 10 Sep 2010
A. Hewitt "Tony H" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: C.S. Lewis - Beyond Narnia [DVD] (DVD)

We had previously watched and enjoyed the the 'Academy Award film 'Shadowlands' which was one of the most wonderful films on love that we had seen.

This film, only just over an hour long, reflects on aspects of C.S. Lewis's life as though narrated by himself in late middle age with flashbacks to those periods of his life when he was changed or affected by events.

It was so well done that, to us, it matched up to 'Shadowlands' despite its relative shortness and brought into play many different aspects of Lewis's conversion to Christianity as well as emphasing how love is so important to our lives and personalities. it also showed how 'Narnia' was a true morality tale.

If you enjoyed 'Narnia' or 'Shadowlands' you will enjoy this. Especially at the bargain price it is available at on Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars taking us on a journey out of our comfort zone, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: C.S. Lewis - Beyond Narnia [DVD] (DVD)
A beautifully crafted 60 minute film first shown on BBC. It is a wonderful portrayal by Anton Rogers of Clive Staples Lewis in later life, and of course with the help the 'script' that CS Lewis left us in his writings. I'll leave you to find your own memorable quotes and moments. For those of us currently without the time to read his library of thoughts along his life journey, the film is a wonderful exploration of some of the influences , the celebrations of hope and life and times of pain and grief, so get yourself a copy, and then get a few copies to share with friends, a reminder that life can be so fragile, complex and so hopeful.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB / FANTASTIC / FANDABBYDOSY, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: C.S. Lewis - Beyond Narnia [DVD] (DVD)
A wonderful portrayal of a great Christian writer and thinker's life. Very sympathetically portrayed. Thoroughly recommended as are his books..

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but lacking something, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: C.S. Lewis - Beyond Narnia [DVD] (DVD)
I am glad that I have this in my collection about C.S. Lewis. It does help to create an overall picture of the man, yet somehow lacks something. The film seems to perhaps exaggerate his doubts about God and Christianity, and does not seem to capture the ultimately triumph of his faith. I almost think I would have preferred a straightforward "movie" rather than the semi-documentary feel about the piece. Nevertheless - worthwhile viewing, and for the C.S. Lewis fan, owning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good outing for the wonderful Anton Rogers, 16 April 2014
This review is from: C.S. Lewis - Beyond Narnia [DVD] (DVD)
A really good lighthearted look at the life and times of C S Lewis, from his childhood, formative years, to his children's stories,his marriage and success as a writer and christian apologist. Recommend to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't watched it, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: C.S. Lewis - Beyond Narnia [DVD] (DVD)
Was a present for my born again Christian son. Hope he enjoys it. We both love C S Lewis's work

5.0 out of 5 stars Lewis, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: C.S. Lewis - Beyond Narnia [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed this better than Shadowlands even though Shadowlands was excellent. Beyond Narnia is all about Lewis conversion to Christianity which was excellent, it is also very detailed about his personal battle to finally see the truth, very good and extremely enjoyable film.

C.S. Lewis - Beyond Narnia [DVD]
C.S. Lewis - Beyond Narnia [DVD] by Anton Rogers (DVD - 2008)
Used & New from: 59.99