Format: Audio CD|Change

This collection of 54 hits from the 1950s makes the perfect partner to "More Number 1 Hits from the 1950s" just released. This is a slightly earlier period with many more names from the standards era. Here you will find the likes of Al Martino, Lita Rosa, Ruby Murray, and Anne Shelton along with new and rising stars such as Frankie Vaughan, Lonnie Donegan and Tommy Steele. Less rock n' roll more middle of the road. The original recordings have been used and there is some surface noise but that is to be expected. Value wise a god buy as is the 2011 "More" 2 CD set.
on 1 October 2011
This is a great CD with all the songs evoking memories of my early teenage years. Theis is the music that few radio shows play anymore; when it was new and exciting and which influenced everything else that has happened since. Extremely good value for money, I play it all the time!
on 21 November 2008
A great collection of 50's gems, and great value as there are over 50 songs on it! If you're looking for the definitive sound of the 1950s, I'd recommend this, as its packed full of timeless classics. For those of you who weren't around during the 50s, this is a great representation of what 50s music is all about.
on 19 August 2010
Bought this on the strength of one review. So glad I did. My husband loves this, and even I enjoy listening every now and again.
You can't go wrong. If you like fifties music buy this.
on 25 May 2012
lovely lovely cd music to drift away on a cloud ".why was i born to late" would love to of been around when this first came out. but alas time machine s not workin to well at moment
on 29 June 2013
Bought this to entertain my mother who suffers from dementia and it has been the best thing ever. She sings along during the day and at night-time it soothes her to sleep. She is bedridden but manages to move her legs around the bed to the music which is great exercise for her. We have a baby monitor in her bedroom and I even find myself signing along to it.
on 28 May 2012
I already had most of the tracks on this CD, and purchased it for the few that I didn't have. Unfortunately, the second CD was missing. Very strange, as it was sealed. Must have been left out at he manufacturers. But I enjoyed the one CD anyway.
on 22 January 2014
This is a great CD for driving to an appointment to which one is not looking forward, or after coming away from one that did not seem to go particularly well, when perhaps it is the job of the music to make things right in the mind. Soon you realise that it really was not so bad after all, and you carry on listening to Doris Day and the rest feeling much better!!
on 20 May 2015
This is another CD from the fiftees era the songs are from Paul Anka and Rosemary Clooney who was the aunt of the well known director actor George Clooney. Most of the songs were bought out on vinal seventy eights.
on 26 September 2014
Together with the companion "More No.1's of the 1950's", it is the most comprehensive survey that I could find on the net.
See my comments on the companion CD.