5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute gem of an album, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Love Remains the Same (Audio CD)
As I write this review, the amazon bestselling ranking is somewhere south of 11,000.

Excellent, only a few mortals will ever know what the rest are missing and I can be smug in my knowledge that I have found something that the rest of world (except Finland) will never hear. The music is vibrant, exciting and lyrical. It rocks, it has harmony, it has passion, it takes its time. It has suspense and glorious moments where the music takes off in other directions and to another level. All the tracks stand out.

I have tried to compare it with other bands from the past, but I cannot pigeonhole the sound. I'll leave that for others to do but this is a record for the modern age and does not hark back to old sounds.

Fans of Be Bop Deluxe, Rush, Blondie, Ayreon, Led Zeppelin and any other band that can mix harmonies and melody with quick rocking rhythms will enjoy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars prog progesses ....., 19 Mar 2011
Mr. P. D. Weitzen "Dr. Prog" (Edinburgh.) - See all my reviews
First of all , why am I the first to rate this album ???? Its way too good for just one review !!!!
I love Yes , and I really feel that this band retain the essence of much of what that band stood for .... by that , I dont just mean that the bass player or guitarist sound in any way like Squire of Howe , or that the singer sounds like Anderson .... oh no .
They seem to have taken inspiration from that group (and others) , and created something original and inspiring.
Its a real musical adventure ... a multi layered journey ... loud grungy guitar mix with lyrical instrumental passages , effective vocal harmonies , great choruses and sublime tunes . Yes , tunes , which after all , is what many of the great prog bands from the past specialised in !!!!
You dont even need to be a prog fan to love this ... just a fan of great music !

5.0 out of 5 stars VHB genius!, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Love Remains the Same (Audio CD)
Discovered this band a few months ago. I have bought 4 albums, they are all magnificient but if pushed, I would say this is the best so far (new album due out in March).
They're barely known outside Scandinavia but it's only a matter of time... They're doing a gig at Bogiez (yes, really) in Cardiff on April 6th (London Assembly Rooms 5th), tickets are 10 (Cardiff) and I expect it to be one of the best gigs I've ever seen and I've seen a lot including Rush, Genesis, Yes, Radiohead, Muse, Sabbath, Porcupine Tree, Metallica, Marillion, Neil Young - these may give you a hint if you're not sure if you will like them.
Excellent songs, harmonies, inventive guitar, keybords, acoustic sections. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars great album, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Love Remains the Same (Audio CD)
great album got nine lives when it came out so i got the early stuff its very good album yes

Love Remains the Same
Love Remains the Same by Von Hertzen Brothers (Audio CD - 2011)