5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic clock for kids (and parents!)
I bought this item to try to keep my two boys (4.5 and 2.5) in bed until at least 7am. It really works. The analogue and digitial display are very clear to read and the instruction that they are not to get up before the green light comes on has been really easy for them to understand and follow. Even the 2 year old.

The talking time feature is very beneficial...
Published on 14 Mar 2011 by Kilculfi

1.0 out of 5 stars You don't want to buy this.
I've had this clock now for a year & I have to say that it is probably worth about £4.99.

Straight from the box it was obvious that this is a poor quality product.

The problemas I have with this product are as follows.

Published 23 months ago by Kevin Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic clock for kids (and parents!), 14 Mar 2011
This review is from: Onaroo Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock, Sleep Trainer and Nightlight (Baby Product)

The talking time feature is very beneficial when teaching them the time. They love pressing the button and hearing the time increment by 1 minute ....

A must buy for parents of early risers.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 23 Aug 2011
Bought this after my 2.5 yr old was consistantly waking early. On night one we explained to her that she could only get up when light was green & sent her off to sleep as normal. When she woke early the next morning I took her back to her room, checked the clock & when it wasn't green convinced her to go back to bed. Every morning since (8 weeks now) she has successfully waited for the correct time, even sending herself back to sleep if particularly early.

Very much enjoy hearing her pattering accross the landing telling us it is 'wakey-wakey' time because 'it's green'! Also handy when you fancy a Sunday morning lie-in, nothing wrong with adding 30 mins or more to the alarm time :-)

Simple to setup and easy concept for a toddler to grasp - Green = go! Disagree with other comments re the nightlight being too bright, it gives off a dim light that is just enough to cast a glow into a medium-sized bedroom in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars You don't want to buy this., 21 Oct 2012

Straight from the box it was obvious that this is a poor quality product.

The problemas I have with this product are as follows.

1) The screen is a very cheap monotone digital display that has very small numbers and little to capture the attention of a child.

2) The night light has 2 settings bright & very bright so if your children like mine don't sleep well in daylight conditions this is not particularly useful.

3) The plug in the back of ours didn't fit very well so every time our boy touched the clock it reset and we had to spend 15 minutes reprogramming it (something that isn't very easy to do, think your first clock radio in the 80's and you are half way there).

4) It doesn't actually keep the time very well and can be an hour in our out by the morning something that can really mess with your mojo if you are trying to train your child when to get up.

I could go on and on about how bad this product is but I'm happy to sum it up as poorly designed and made tat. I leave it as that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great child clock, 26 July 2011
Our daughter(less than 3 years old at the time of purchase)used to get up anytime between 4.45am and 6.30am. With this clock we managed to gradually change her routine and she now doesn't come out of her room until the clock turns green at 6.30am. I agree that the clock is fairly bright but no more than other children's trainer clocks. Our daughter used to sleep in complete darkness but the light from the clock doesn't seem to bother her or keep her awake at night.

3.0 out of 5 stars works fine but the alarm is atrocious, 13 Aug 2013
Good product, if a bit pricey.
Be warned though the alarm will make you want claw your eyes out. Still it will get the kids out of bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT clock!, 11 Jun 2013
S. Sanlon (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to solve the problem of my three year old getting up too early.... and it has worked a treat! He knows he has to stay in his bed until it 'goes green' and he does!

I read reviews saying it was too bright at night time - but we didn't find this. If anything it's ideal as my son is just at the age when he is starting to get scared of the dark... and it works well as a night light too.

What was distracting for him at first was the speaker button. EVERY TIME the clock number changed he pressed the button to listen to the time! However, he soon got bored of that game and doesn't do it so much now.

What I love most about this clock is that it is teaching him to tell the time. Other clocks which just change from 'stars & moon' to 'a sun' or change colour, don't have a traditional clock face and/or digital clock. I felt these options wouldn't help him with actually learning to read a clock... and so went for this clock. I'm really pleased that I did. A good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sleep training, 21 Mar 2011
I. Robb (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This clock works very well. I had the bunny one before but the kids can easily make the rabbit wake or sleep themselves. This is great, I tell them to stay in bed until the clock is green. The bunny also made a noise when it 'woke up' which could wake your child unneccessarily. This is great as it's silent so your child can sleep on beyond the change if needed. Bit pricey but worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 29 Jun 2011
D. Norman - See all my reviews
We set a rule for our 3.5 year old that he's not allowed to wake us until 7. This was a bit unfair as he was never sure if it was up time. This clock has been brilliant. He loves pressing the button that tells the time and if he wakes before 7 he waits for it to go green. It has also got him more interested in learning how to read the time. As it glows in the dark it also means he can always see it from his bed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loosing time, 28 Dec 2012
Love the item except went away for a couple of days & the time was out by 40 mins?!
Will check again but I think I'll be returning this at £40 should be spot on!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a bit bright, 26 April 2011
We wanted something our (just) 3 yr old could understand as 'getting up time'. Works brilliantly for this. Only drawback is the background glow from the clock (even at lowest setting) is lighter than any nightlight. Our little one is used to sleeping in the dark and we didn't want to lose this. Clock now wears a black 'beanie' hat until we go to bed. If he wakes in the night it is lighter than he is used to, which is a shame...