5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT I NEEDED
I went around all my local bike shops and they all told me I would not get a chainguard to fit my bike. Well guys I did. I took great delight in going back to one of them and asking them to put it on for me.
Published 3 months ago by Adele Sanctuary

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, but ...
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, but ..., 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sks Acd218B Chainguard - Silver, 42-44T (Sports)
fitting it is not straight forward. You need special tools, so if you don't already have them, order them together with the Chainguard. And despite overall lenght can be adjusted, I found that I needed to manually shorten overall lenght of the guard for my bike. It's not difficult, as the front end slides into the back end, and I just had to saw about a cm of the front end. As the parts are made of plastic it was easy enough. Also the cutout for the front shifter didn't match up with the position of my front shifter, so I had to make it larger. Again, not really hard to do, but with the need for special tools and having to make two adaptations to get it fitted, 3 stars are all I can give, although I like the finished result.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT I NEEDED, 13 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 May 2014
M. Beauchamp - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sks Acd218B Chainguard - Silver, 42-44T (Sports)
Ok Firstly I ordered on a thursday and it arrived on the sunday very well packed..I wish all Amazon sellers were this prompt when it comes to delivery so top marks already.
As for the product..not sure what others were doing but I fitted this to a bicycle.
Its was a breeze.... took more time to get my cranks off as it had been a while but once they were it was a case of undo the bearing holder..pop it on (whole to get the main bracket alignment right then remove the cover to permit replacing cranks)... add the rear clamp...put the cranks back on..chain...fit the cover ..done...a good five minutes from start to finish. My bike is a pretty boring mountain bike that I only have a single gear at the front but there would have been enough room/adjustment if I wanted the 3 speed back on.

The result is a very solid smart looking chainguard which i got at a bargain price...no more oily trousers. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but will likely require some bodging to get it to fit, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sks Acd218B Chainguard - Silver, 42-44T (Sports)
I did manage to fit this to my hard tail mountain bike, but I had to hack out a strip of plastic, using a fret saw, around the bit that goes over the pedal chain-set, otherwise it rubbed. Obviously it's difficult to cut a perfect circular strip with a fret saw, but after a little filing it doesn't look too ragged. It seems to have reduced my problems with the chain popping off during cycling (I think the leg of my jeans was occasionally getting caught between the chain and the cog, causing it to jump off).

1.0 out of 5 stars Bloody nightmare, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sks Acd218B Chainguard - Silver, 42-44T (Sports)
The metal bracket that goes on behind your crankset doesn't actually fit on most bikes! The videos show this thing you unscrew, pop the bracket on, then screw the thing back on, my mountain bike doesn't have this and I haven't see any other bikes in the wild with this screwy bit.

Managed to get it on in the end, but it's all loose and scraping against my pedals and all that. If you need a chainguard, don't bother with this, get something that screws onto your gears.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful., 24 Sep 2012
This review is from: Sks Acd218B Chainguard - Silver, 42-44T (Sports)
A little tricky to fit without a crank removing tool. Robust enough to do it's job well and should withstand a knock or two which the flimsy original on my bike didn't. Overpriced for a bit of plastic I think.