5.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD for a gift to a Schumacher fan.
Arrived in good time, was a gift for my brother in law. He said it was a very good DVD, and he's obsessed with all things Schumacher! Would recommend.
Published 5 months ago by Bethany

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rubbish. The Incomplete story.
Published on 11 Aug 2008 by P. J. Mcburney

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rubbish. The Incomplete story., 11 Aug 2008
This review is from: Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD] (DVD)
I had been waiting for some time for a Schumacher DVD. This attempt cashed in on my enthusiasm and every other sucker that was waiting too. Grainy, heavily deteriorated VHS tape footage of testing and interviews and a complete lack of ANY racing footage. From the moment that the intensely irritating narrator opened his mouth, my expectations freefell. I would hazard a guess that they did not want to pay Bernie Ecclestone for any F1 footage. It has the feel of a programme originally made for a fourth rate sports satellite channel as a time filler between commercials. If you enjoy listening to an Australian imitation of a poor US sports commentator, with slow delivery and an ability to mispronounce seemingly every single Formula One drivers name quoted in the DVD, this could be for you! Jacks Vealnurve or Meeker Harkinon anyone?

1.0 out of 5 stars Never buy unauthorised DVD's!, 12 Aug 2008
Mr. F. C. Wood "frankowoodsracing" (Crewe England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD] (DVD)
I guess I was like the many people who gullibly bought this DVD thinking it would be the Michael Schumacher DVD we've all been waiting for, sadly i hadn't noticed the words 'Unauthorised' in the title and in this instance it means 'can't afford any racing footage or a decent narrator or an editor or any quality music, graphics and text etc etc.'

It has the production quality of a pre 1990's tv programme, the kind of thing u find on dodgy satellite channels, which re-use the same tatty looking archive clips over and over with no connection whatsoever to the narration - which inceidentally should be that guys last VO job -
'Luca de Montelezmo????!'

Honestly, keep waiting for the real thing, which hopefully will show some of his actual on track genius to do his career justice, this DVD will just make you angry! AVOID AVOID!!!!!

* Incidentally you can just watch the trailer on this page to discover why it is so laughable, it appears to be using audio from a generic stock car race (not F1 that's for sure) along with dismal shots of a Ferrari lapping pointlessly around Fiarano, they haven't even bothered to buy some energetic music to make it appear more exciting, they have just used a jingle that you get free with any Apple Mac!

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely worthless, 6 Aug 2008
This review is from: Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD] (DVD)
Considering the low price I wasn't expecting too much - what I should have expected was nothing. This DVD is as close to fraud as you get - not a single decent race is in it - some old pictures of Michael greeting after a victory - half an interview after a race, stuff like that.... Not worth a pennny....

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rubbish. Worst DVD I've ever bought, 27 Sep 2008
I. Davies (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD] (DVD)
I wish I'd read the other reviews before purchasing this DVD and I may have saved myself some money.

How is it possible to properly document one of the greatest racing driver of all time without showing any footage of him racing. The producers were simply too tight to purchase any racing clips and thought they'd try to dupe the public into buying it anyway.

I wish Amazon would have allowed me to award this DVD 0 stars but it doesn't. Do not buy this DVD. Simple as that.

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD complete and utter nonsense!!! Waste of time!, 30 July 2008
J. Bekken (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD] (DVD)
Having looked forward to a proper DVD from Schumi's career I was happy to finally see a DVD available. However it was and is waste of money, because it is only narrated with video clips from testing, not ONE SINGE RACING CLIP. Makes you wonder why somebody would bother to make the effort of making a DVD about Scumis life, if you cant even show highlights from his racing career.

Extremely disapointing, you will find better clips on youtube then in this DVD. Whoever had the idea to make this DVD about the great Schumi this way, should be fired, really annoying DVD to watch while some goblock narrator explains Schumis life in a way that makes you want to sleep instead of watching this useless DVD. Score if possible - (minus) 5 stars if possible.

DISAPOINTED SCHUMI FAN!

1.0 out of 5 stars This DVD is a rip-off, 16 Oct 2009
Mr. Mark A. Allan "Buddha" (Adelaide, South Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD] (DVD)
To any fan of Michael Schumacher or Formula One in general, be warned. This DVD is a joke, and the joke is on you. It contains no actual race footage and comprises some poorly cobbled together footage that the Producers obviously got cheap. I know that getting actual licensed footage out of Bernie is quite expensive but really, why bother at all if this is all you can come up with. Even if it provided some insight into the man himself it might be worth a look but sadly nothing any casual fan would not have known before. The same people have now released a Lewis Hamilton DVD but I will not be ripped off twice so they can keep it. Steer clear of this abomination and keep your money for more worthwhile purchases.

1.0 out of 5 stars Schumacher Fan, 31 Mar 2009
This review is from: Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD] (DVD)
Wish I'd read the other reviews before ordering! Complete rubbish. For example, some of the commentary refers to early karting success whilst showing clips of post Ferrari F1 "just for fun" sessions. I knew his Ferrari was quick but apparently, refering to his Silverstone 1999 crash, the car left the track at 37(?)kilometres per second! Don't waste your money unless you want to buy my copy.

1.0 out of 5 stars I agree with all the negative reviews, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD] (DVD)
Very disappointing; and as another reviewer said, I wish I had read the others before I bought. Yes it's cheap, but it needs to be cheaper....a lot cheaper, and even then it would still be awful. Don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars I WISH I HAD NOT BOUGHT THIS DVD, 1 Feb 2009
W. cox "F1 FAN" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD] (DVD)
In my view this is without doubt the WORST EVER dvd I have bought. I got half way through, turned it off and threw it in the bin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD for a gift to a Schumacher fan., 4 Jun 2014

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD]
Michael Schumacher - The Complete Story [DVD] by Michael Schumacher (DVD - 2008)