5.0 out of 5 stars Blender of all blenders!
A wonderful blender which is authentic, reliable and well constructed. Any blender which comes with a lifetime guarantee is definitely worth investing in.
Published on 4 Mar 2011 by rocknrollz

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Control
Published on 19 Sep 2010 by D. Stoddart

5.0 out of 5 stars Blender of all blenders!, 4 Mar 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid blender with lifetime guarantee, 7 Jan 2011
Emmeline Pankhurst (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waring RB70U Signature Blender (Kitchen & Home)
We moved to the UK a couple of years ago and had to buy an entire kitchen's worth of small appliances when we moved into our house...ALL of which died within 18 months. I decided it was worth the extra money to buy professional grade appliances and the first replacement appliance I bought was the Waring RB70U Signature Blender (or Blendor as is written on the unit itself). I've had it for about ten months now and use it 2-3 times a week to puree soup. We occasionally use it to crush ice and make smoothies. It's performed beautifully every time.

What I love about this Blendor:
- Lifetime guarantee on the motor
- The Art Deco styling is stunning
- It's heavy! Really solid and has suction cups on the feet to keep it from sliding. It stays firmly on the counter!
- Does the job quickly...very powerful motor.
-The Cloverleaf jug is incredibly easy to clean. Most blender jugs have a narrow section at the bottom that's difficult to clean. This one is flat and is a breeze to wash up.
-The Low/High toggle switch...in all honesty, do we really need six to ten different options on a blender?!

What I'm not crazy about with the Blendor:
- I have to wait for soup to cool down a bit before I can put it in the Blendor, and even then I can only put 8 ounces in a time. I don't know if it's the unique design of the jug but if you put more than 8 oz/250mL of a hot/warm liquid in, you better make sure you have a super-tight grip on the lid. I speak from experience when I say the 8oz/250mL Ho/Warmt Liquid Rule is one that must be respected. ;) Which leads me to the second thing I'm not crazy about...
-If you have a spillage, there are lots of nooks and crannies to clean!

Having said that, it only takes about 3 or 4 rounds of whizzing to puree a large pot of soup that serves up 4 so it's only a minor inconvenience. And just don't overfill the jug so you don't have to clean up. The pros FAR outweigh the cons with this blender, and like I said - it's a stunner on the countertop!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Control, 19 Sep 2010
This review is from: Waring RB70U Signature Blender (Kitchen & Home)
I have purchased two of these in the past week. The first from Amazon arrived in a sealed package but with the front and other places on the base finish scratched. Looked terrible so it went back. The second purchased from another supplier (Amazon was out of stock) arrived with some small wear under the switch which looked like someone not been careful with the spanner when installing the switch. But from above it was hard to see so I was going to keep it. But when making a fruit smoothy for my children I noticed that liquid was dripping out of the bottom of the jug. On inspection it appeared that where the blades attach to the jug had cracked. Perhaps someone had tightened this assembly too hard. So this one goes back as well.

On the one use I had with these two units I did find that the motor is very powerful. Flick the switch to low with 1/2 litre of liquid in the jug and you better make sure the lid is on as the blender instantly takes whatever air is in the jug and mixes it with the liquid. If the lid is off or even loose liquid will be out of the jug. Taking the stopper out of the centre of the lid to add fruit also gives the liquid a chance to escape.

Since I wrote the comments above Waring replaced the blender and this new one arrived scratched. So after over a month still no blender and no refund. They have promised to send another but I think the Waring brand is not worth much so I am goingt to try for a refund and purchase another make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waring signature blender, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Waring RB70U Signature Blender (Kitchen & Home)
Works great crushes ice to slush, if you love cocktails you'll love this, it looks beautiful if you like art deco

5.0 out of 5 stars Blends everything, 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: Waring RB70U Signature Blender (Kitchen & Home)
More than happy with this blender, it blends everything you throw at it, fruit, vegetables, greens, seeds , legumes even chocolate. Its in use daily and its a great way to get healthy. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A splendid blender, 7 Aug 2011
This review is from: Waring RB70U Signature Blender (Kitchen & Home)
We were looking for a blender (or Blendor, according to Waring) that would handle frozen foods and this does the job nicely, even on the "low" setting (the food was chopped up). The lid is rubbery and seals tightly (we haven't had any leaks) and the removable plastic top makes adding liquids to the mix really easy. Removing the glass jug from the base is really easy and unlike some of the other reviews, we didn't have any leaks. All in all, a good sturdy blender that does what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased with my purchase, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: Waring RB70U Signature Blender (Kitchen & Home)
Having previously owned a Kenwood Concerto smoothie maker which didn't last all that long I decided to invest in a better quality machine. The Kenwood had started to leak out of the base and it was always a messy affair making a smoothie. I am so pleased I spent that bit extra as I cannot fault the Waring model.

It is sleek and stylish but best of all it works a treat, having no trouble whatsoever with ice and large chunks of fruit.

It literally takes seconds to smooth and is so simple to clean especially if you do it straight away. Lovely heavy quality item which has a lifetime guarantee on the base.

I'm usually quite mean spending money on appliances so this was quite extravagant for me but it really has been worth the extra money and at the price offered at the moment a real bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Perfect, 29 May 2011
This review is from: Waring RB70U Signature Blender (Kitchen & Home)
After a bit of homework I decided on the Waring Signature Blender and am absolutely delighted with it - blends superbly and is easy to clean. Oh, and it looks good too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blender, 20 Jan 2011
This review is from: Waring RB70U Signature Blender (Kitchen & Home)
At last, a blender that makes smoothies without lumps in. Having previously owned a blender that only seemed capable of mashing up 80% of what was put in it is fantastic to have a smoothie that has absolutely no large bits of fruit in. The blender is basic (simply high & low settings) but does everything that is required of it. It is also very easy to clean. The only downside is the cost. All in all a good bit of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful blender - does the job, 23 Oct 2010
This review is from: Waring RB70U Signature Blender (Kitchen & Home)
Recently changed to one of these from the high-end Phillips machine. It has 'only' a 450 Watt motor but turns ice cubes to slush in seconds and makes fantastic smoothies in less than half the time of my previous machine. The blades are permanently fixed in the jar so there is no chance of leakage from the base. Style-wise it's ok, maybe not so elegant as the classic. High and lo are the only fuctions but I can't really see why others might be needed. I totally recommend the product. If you have small children about I would leave it unplugged but this applies to any blender really.