5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sports Bottle
I already have the larger, solid version of this bottle & that's so good it's always being taken out of the house by other members of my family, so I needed another one for the gym.

Published on 28 Nov. 2009 by Mr. J. B. Rawlins

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as my old one... (3.5 stars)
This is my second Camelbak bottle, after my 'better bottle' got a mouldy spout. Despite cleaning it, it had to be thrown away. I considered other bottles but decided that despite this, the Camelbak was the best brand for me.

Published on 30 Oct. 2012 by The Little Bookworm

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sports Bottle, 28 Nov. 2009
Mr. J. B. Rawlins (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camelbak Performance Bottle (Sports)

That's when I came across this. It has the same no leak Camelbak bite valve and a removeable internal straw, so you can drink from it vertically or with your head tilted back, whichever is your preference.

The advantages of this bottle over the Camelback solid version is that it is slightly smaller, so fits in the gym equipment holders easier. It is made of lighter, flexible plastic, which you can squeeze for faster water flow. And it is cheaper, but still of the same Camelbak quality.

The solid bottle's bite valve flips down to close the flow, whereas this bottle twists to close and the bite valve remains upright, I prefer this for sports & training as it is constantly in use and the closing mechanism seems to be more watertight for chucking in the gym bag.

Overall I'm really pleased with it & I'll be buying more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as my old one... (3.5 stars), 30 Oct. 2012
The Little Bookworm "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

This time I went for the 'Performance' bottle as it was cheaper and held more than my original (650ml compared to 500ml.) The other difference is that the spout doesn't fold away. This wasn't really an issue for me. The bottle has a lock, to stop the drink leaking in your bag.

My main issue with this bottle is it leaks! A few times now it has started leaking from the lid, despite not being tipped. This really isn't good enough for a bottle that is this pricey.

Camelbak aren't the cheapest brand but I would definitely buy another one, when this fails. I would, however, get another 'better bottle' rather than this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 12 May 2013
Best water bottle evvvvverr.. the rubber bit at the top is locked so no water can come out.. to unlock, just bite the rubber bit and the water can run freely... ive used it everyday since i got it.. and it hasnt leaked once

5.0 out of 5 stars Camelbak Bottle Review, 2 Jan. 2011
This is an excellent product, used for the second time since christmas yesterday! Cleans easily and has a locking function so the drink doesn't spill out everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 30 May 2013
I am trying to drink more water and this bottle is great for it as it has the measurements on the side. I love the mouthpiece too as you dont have to tip the bottle to drink just bite and also the no spill part is great too as it means I can take it with me in my bag and not worry that it will spill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all-round water bottle, 30 April 2013
Lee Faber "fablee" (England) - See all my reviews
This took a bit of getting used to because drinking from it is different than most sports bottles, but it's fine. I do wish it were just a little bit smaller, or that there were a smaller version--500ml would be perfect for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sports Bottle Ever!, 20 Nov. 2013
I only wished I bought this sports bottle in the first place, instead of wasting my money of three other sports bottles before buying this one! The problems with my other sports bottles is that the drinking piece also slides back, making taking a sip extremely difficult when I am running. Also with my other sports bottles, I always had to tip my head back to get a swig... not good when I'm running outside or treadmill!

I love my Camelbak, it's well made and feels good quality! The trademark bite valve makes it very easy to run and drink at the same time, without taking your eyes off the road. Its easy to clean, and has never leaked in my bag (I like the twist open-close functionality). The walls of the bottle made of a strong but flexible plastic (not the usual hard plastic Eddy's), which is a good thing as I've accidentally dropped my Camelbak twice, and it's skirted on the pavement... maybe I'm lucky, but I am surprised that I haven't got scratches or big gouges out on my bottle!

My top tip (for those who use hydration tablets), don't twist and close the top of the Camelbak bottle (after you've dropped a hydration tablet into the water), only close it after the hydration tablet has dissolved (usually 1.5 mins); reason being is that the pressure can build up so much, it'll take you by surprise!! It's like a shooting fountain in your mouth when you take your first bite onto the bite valve for your first drink!! You have been warned!! :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for cycling, but watch out for mould, 6 Sept. 2013
Hawfinch - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is my favourite bottle for use with bottle cages on bicycles. It fits perfectly with all the cages I've used. The bite valve makes it easy to take a sip while on the move as you don't need to tilt the bottle or tug at a stopper with your teeth. Just bite gently on the soft "nipple" and suck. The coloured bottles are slightly translucent so you can see how much liquid is left.

A few negative points. The removable valve has a tendency to develop black mould on the inside if you don't keep it meticulously clean. And once the mould starts to grow it's near impossible to get out, even with special brushes. You can buy replacement valves in packs of two, but these cost about the same as a replacement bottle. I now only use water in the bottle (no sugary drinks, as these seem to encourage the mould) and disassemble and rinse it after each use.

Also, the valve can be knocked off inadvertantly. This happened once when I had a hard fall from my bike. I didn't notice it was gone till I got home. A few days later along the same route I found it lying by the side of the path and still usable (after a wash).

Lastly, the bottle isn't entirely leakproof even when "locked" by twisting the lid. This is because the valve retains a little liquid which can drip out if the bottle is inverted. It's not a problem if used upright on a bike, but I wouldn't advise tossing this bottle in a bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars camelback bottle, 20 April 2012
My favorite bottle so far, the bottle is ergonomic, fits in a side pocket on my rook sack & in my bike cage, also it has useful hook on the lid which i have used a carabiner for easy access when walking, one thing that would top this off if they made a tube like the hydration packs for when out on short walks when a large bladder not appropriate. The components are good and easy to clean. One big plus for me is you dont need to tilt your head when near the bottom, all in all cant think of anything negative about this product

2.0 out of 5 stars Great but with some major down falls., 10 Nov. 2014
Gary Miranda "gazm106" (Middlesex) - See all my reviews
It's a great bottle in general, makes it very nice to drink and ride at the same time, without having to tilt your head back.

Some major pit falls though: First, the bite valve initially didn't have a slit in it. I had no idea how it was supposed to work, the advertising said you bite on it and you can drink, but that wasn't doing anything. I felt like a right prat sitting there sucking on a rubber cap expecting it to do something.

Eventually the slit made an appearance and popped open and suddenly all was clear.

Asides from that, my bottle whistles a bit when I drink, which isn't ideal. It happens very loudly if I take the bite valve off, but it's not so bad if the bite valve is on.

I also find I don't tend to get enough water if the bite valve is on; it's too much of a restriction.

And finally, I went for a drink once and the bite valve was gone. No idea when/where I lost it. I thought it felt pretty secure on the bottle, so no idea how it could have fallen off. Unfortunately, it seems it's impossible to replace it. You can either pay roughly £5+ for a replacement, or get a new bottle for £8. I think I'll do neither...