5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sports Bottle
I already have the larger, solid version of this bottle & that's so good it's always being taken out of the house by other members of my family, so I needed another one for the gym.

Published on 28 Nov 2009 by Mr. J. B. Rawlins

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as my old one... (3.5 stars)
This is my second Camelbak bottle, after my 'better bottle' got a mouldy spout. Despite cleaning it, it had to be thrown away. I considered other bottles but decided that despite this, the Camelbak was the best brand for me.

Published on 30 Oct 2012 by C. Rucroft

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sports Bottle, 28 Nov 2009
Mr. J. B. Rawlins (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camelbak Performance Bottle (Sports)

That's when I came across this. It has the same no leak Camelbak bite valve and a removeable internal straw, so you can drink from it vertically or with your head tilted back, whichever is your preference.

The advantages of this bottle over the Camelback solid version is that it is slightly smaller, so fits in the gym equipment holders easier. It is made of lighter, flexible plastic, which you can squeeze for faster water flow. And it is cheaper, but still of the same Camelbak quality.

The solid bottle's bite valve flips down to close the flow, whereas this bottle twists to close and the bite valve remains upright, I prefer this for sports & training as it is constantly in use and the closing mechanism seems to be more watertight for chucking in the gym bag.

Overall I'm really pleased with it & I'll be buying more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as my old one... (3.5 stars), 30 Oct 2012
C. Rucroft "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

This time I went for the 'Performance' bottle as it was cheaper and held more than my original (650ml compared to 500ml.) The other difference is that the spout doesn't fold away. This wasn't really an issue for me. The bottle has a lock, to stop the drink leaking in your bag.

My main issue with this bottle is it leaks! A few times now it has started leaking from the lid, despite not being tipped. This really isn't good enough for a bottle that is this pricey.

Camelbak aren't the cheapest brand but I would definitely buy another one, when this fails. I would, however, get another 'better bottle' rather than this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camelbak Bottle Review, 2 Jan 2011
This is an excellent product, used for the second time since christmas yesterday! Cleans easily and has a locking function so the drink doesn't spill out everywhere.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great but with some major down falls., 10 Nov 2014
Gary Miranda "gazm106" (Middlesex) - See all my reviews
It's a great bottle in general, makes it very nice to drink and ride at the same time, without having to tilt your head back.

Some major pit falls though: First, the bite valve initially didn't have a slit in it. I had no idea how it was supposed to work, the advertising said you bite on it and you can drink, but that wasn't doing anything. I felt like a right prat sitting there sucking on a rubber cap expecting it to do something.

Eventually the slit made an appearance and popped open and suddenly all was clear.

Asides from that, my bottle whistles a bit when I drink, which isn't ideal. It happens very loudly if I take the bite valve off, but it's not so bad if the bite valve is on.

I also find I don't tend to get enough water if the bite valve is on; it's too much of a restriction.

And finally, I went for a drink once and the bite valve was gone. No idea when/where I lost it. I thought it felt pretty secure on the bottle, so no idea how it could have fallen off. Unfortunately, it seems it's impossible to replace it. You can either pay roughly £5+ for a replacement, or get a new bottle for £8. I think I'll do neither...

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 12 May 2013
Best water bottle evvvvverr.. the rubber bit at the top is locked so no water can come out.. to unlock, just bite the rubber bit and the water can run freely... ive used it everyday since i got it.. and it hasnt leaked once

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 30 May 2013
I am trying to drink more water and this bottle is great for it as it has the measurements on the side. I love the mouthpiece too as you dont have to tip the bottle to drink just bite and also the no spill part is great too as it means I can take it with me in my bag and not worry that it will spill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all-round water bottle, 30 April 2013
Lee Faber "fablee" (England) - See all my reviews
This took a bit of getting used to because drinking from it is different than most sports bottles, but it's fine. I do wish it were just a little bit smaller, or that there were a smaller version--500ml would be perfect for me

5.0 out of 5 stars my best bottle, 19 April 2013
Mr. Luke B. Cunningham (Hove) - See all my reviews
great bottle for going out on long cycles or small. but its very easy to drink from and also has a nice lock so nothing spills out. also great that you can have different colours. i got the red one myself and its brilliant. i would recommend this to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sports bottle..., 15 April 2013
Clara (South London, UK) - See all my reviews
I love the design!!....was looking for a sports bottle and this one certainly is fit for purpose and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Water bottle, 30 Mar 2013
I use mine in a salt water fly fishing pack when wading on the sand flats in the caribbean. Great for the job.
I lost my last one which was grey/silver. This replacement in red should be more easily spotted should I drop it.... Recommended.

Camelbak Performance Bottle - Silver, 650ml