5.0 out of 5 stars Some technical skills required...
I'd bought a decent set headphones and thought they sounded a bit 'woolly' with the onboard VIA sound chip that came with my ASUS motherboard.

After doing a round of Internet reviews, I settled on the Asus Xonar DX as an attractively priced sound card where the sound quality was compared to products costing far more. A review at techreport.com from 2008 was the...
Published 19 months ago by flying scampi

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, poor installation
I bought this sound card because I found the onboard sound on my Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard, whilst being fairly clear, was not loud enough in some of the games I was playing and lacked punch. I searched the internet and this seems to be a problem associated with using the Windows 7 operating system rather than the integrated sound chip according to many posters. I...
Published on 2 April 2010 by Christopher Reay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 6 Jun 2011
This review is from: Asustek Xonar DX/XD PCI-E Low Profile Sound Card (Personal Computers)
this works very well, trouble with motherboards they only have maybe two pci slots,
and graphics cards can cover one of those, place a sound card in the other slot this can
restrict the airflow to the graphics cards this item does not do that money well spent

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Sound Card, 20 Nov 2011
I want to achieve good sound quality from my computer because I'm a music fan and I've installed this card to try to achieve this at a reasonable cost. The card looks well-made and was easy to install. I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but early indications are good. If it sounds as good as it looks, I'll be very pleased!

1.0 out of 5 stars issues, 22 Dec 2013
G. J. Brimson - See all my reviews
Unfortunately i had issues with sound only coming from one channel. I returned it and got another the same but had the same issue. Contacted Asus support and did what they suggested but still no good. I really wanted this sound card to work. The next one i bought worked fine, not Asus by the way but a rival make.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›