Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 December 2012
Not sure this requires a review but here goes , ........ You either like it or loathe it buy it and find out.
VINE VOICEon 7 June 2009
Well we waited and waited until the words 'isn't anything' were the only accurate description of the remasters release date and the word 'loveless' is how we all felt about the tedious amount of time it has to date taken to get these back out.

Stole the original LPs from Radio Manchester, bought the original CDs to celebrate heady student nights in Sheffield and now quietly I rock back and forth in my 40s like J.R. Hartley looking for his fly fishing epic waiting, waiting, waiting...

Shields... sort it.
on 3 October 2014
excellent
on 12 May 2012
This remaster has been announced for a very long time (see the irritated reviews) but it was worth the wait. The 2 Cds are beautifully packaged and the sound is improved a lot. The bass can be heard and the mix is louder than my previous CD. It was worth the wait.
on 4 March 2013
It's a mean trick this. Absolutely no difference apart from the unforgivable glitch. Shields can forget it. Silly sod. Fool me twice etc
on 2 March 2009
Delay delay delay, and no I'm not talking about the music. It just goes to show how much respect Kevin Shields has for his fans - ie none. We should all boycott this album, when he eventually decides to release it. 6 Months late already.
on 28 January 2009
This remastered version was supposed to be released mid-2008, then it was postponed to late January 2009, now it is said to be available in March. Actually, other sites give the date of April 6... Is it a joke?

Unfortunately, there is already a pessimistic precedent. A 2-cd Japan-only release was planned in 2004. This was supposed to contain all MBV eps + some rare stuff; the whole thing remastered. The cds were never released.

UPDATE 29 DECEMBER: I thought the CD was finally going to be released, the date of 4 January 2010 had been set, but it has just been "upgraded" to January 25... Why all these lies?
55 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2009
This album does not seem to exist. I notice that there are a number of reviews of this album. I am aware of the original but is this remaster going to ever emerge? I am constantly told it is about to be released only to get an update that the release has been delayed.
on 27 September 2011
is what this has become.
hopes have been raised and then dashed FAR too many times now.
will stick to the originals, thanks, kevin.
cancelling order now (which i have done many times in the past and then caved in and added it again...won't be back).
on 21 October 2009
CD and vinyl? That's it? They need a DVD-A Dual Disc or SACD Hybrid instead of the CDs. There's no way redbook CD is enough to properly relay the detail and finesse of the production. Vinyl is capable, but needs an expensive rig and wears out quite quickly. I have a lot of wax. And to the LA A-hole who a couple years back told me my Amazon review where I was critical of the original album's mixing and mastering in places: up yours! To the label, take notes on the Flaming Lips' and Bjork's releases. I will delete and redo this review (including rating) when it actually arrives in whatever form it's available, though.