on 1 October 2011
In my opinion Denman hairbrushes are the best on the market. I have been using these for about 15 years now and was recommended to buy one by a hairdresser. I find that they deal with tangled hair really well without damaging the hair and they just seem to give a really thorough brush through generally.

They also last for a very long time. I had my last one for about 6 years, only eventually the rubber base wore out and came apart at the side, which is why I just bought a replacement.
on 21 November 2013
I bought this same brush about 5-years ago, and for whatever reason I ended up throwing it away, but the quality then was sooo much better than this one. The materials are not as heavy and the rubber part with the bristles slides way too easily. I have 4c type hair and I really didn't think it could handle it, but to my surprise it did get through in my hair, but I would be nice if they upped the quality a bit with materials.
on 2 June 2014
I have used Denman hairbrushes since I was a child and always renewed them when each one wore out. This one has been disappointing as the rubber part with the bristles slides out an inch each time I catch a tangle in my hair, which is long. I think I will end up gluing it in for ease of use but it won't be do good for washing it and I shouldn't have to anyway!
on 26 August 2011
Used to always use a Denman brush as a teen/20's and needing a new hair brush ,thought I'd go back to Denman.
I am pleased with it except I remember it being much more heavier with a thicker handle but it does the job well as I have long thick hairand its gentle on my scalp.
on 21 March 2012
Bought a second one for my daughter, as she is forever taking mine in to her room! This brush is great (as are all the old makes). I have fairly short hair (neck-line length)and this was recommended by the hair stylist. It is great for blow-drying and styling (yes even with shorter hair. A good price and this brush will last years! :))
on 22 November 2012
I bought this brush for one of my 18 yr. old twins who has ear length semi curly hair. She loves it. Her sister who has longer curlier hair tried it and at first she didn't like it but after finding out how to use it properly (she checked it out on youtube)she fell in love with it too so I bought another one. They both say they like the feel of the brush. The brush's plastic bristles don't have tiny balls or tips which I feel helps the brush to glide through the hair without pulling it as much as other brushes they have used. They say It also feels good on the scalp. While their hair isn't course it is thick and they have gone through many brushes in a short period of time. The brush is very sturdy and I am confident that Denman's brush will be with them longer than any brush they have had before. I have a very short afro and I have used it and I agree it does feel good works better than a comb.
on 5 June 2015
Great brush to have to hand when travelling. I have a larger version too but this one is no less effective. Great for brushing thick hair as is mine because it reaches down to the scalp.
on 18 February 2015
I have used a denman brush for more years than I can remember & decided to change my old brush as the rubber was beginning to go off.

The new one arrived before Christmas & three days ago the handle snapped in half. This has never happened before but note another reviewer has had the same thing happen, so is it a quality issue or just bad luck!

I think l'll replace again but probably from a local shop so I can test handle strength before buying,
on 4 March 2015
Does the job of brushing through the hair but i find my hair has become really static and fly away since using it, especially just after using it. I also bought this for a friend with really tight curled hair as it was recommended as the best type of brush for that hair type. Big mistake, not suitable for all hair types. Comes nicely boxed and well made, should last a long time.
on 2 February 2013
This is a great little brush for getting volume into your hair whilst blow drying it, would recommend everyone have one.

See one answered question