Mr. Beams MB 530 Battery-Operated Indoor/Outdoor Motion-Sensing LED Step Light, White
Colour: White night LightPackage Type: Pack of 1Change
Price:£15.10+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 1 February 2013
I bought this last year. I wanted a soft light for an external step. The light looks good, is easy to install and has worked well over a very wet winter. Still on first set of batteries
on 21 February 2014
excellent little lamp. It isa bit smaller than I thought but bright and does exactly what I wanted - a porch light to see my way in at night. can't use solar as-not enough sunlight to charge where it needs to be. Battery life is supposed to be excellent and mine woks well with 3 c cells I pulled out of doorbell after a year. main light is bright and triggers well from integral PIR. It has a switchable nightlight function and the time it stays on can be varied.. would also be useful in the house for extra light in a dark corner, loo etc. Wish I had noticed they sell a 3 pack of its big brother (MB723) for less than this one. I'll be ordering that - not 'cos I need a bigger light but they really are versatile, handy and an elegant, easy way to see your way around the house without waking everyone. come with fixings but light enough to stay up with double sided sticky pads. pleased as punch and it arrived in less than 48 hours standard delivery. Will definitely use Mr Beams again as soon as I finish writing this
on 26 August 2013
Got this light for my bunny shed and it fits the bill precisely.
It is spot on, it provides enough light for our 9 ft by 12 ft shed, it's not too bright nor is it too dim.
My bunnies can see at night now but still sleep soundly as there never is a bright disturbing light shining in their faces so I am very pleased.
The shed is not lit up too much and the bunnies are no longer in the pitch black so it is a win win purchase for me and precisely what I was seeking.
It's a motion sensor light so I've put it up high so that the bunnies do not set it off all the time.
I think this light will last for many more years, its so well made and sturdy and its never let us down yet.
Because the light can only be activated by us when we pop into the bunny shed and the bunnies can not activate it themselves, I am hoping the battery will last for another 2 more years before needing to be replaced.
A dim light remains on throughout the night and as mentioned before, only the brighter light comes on if the sensor picks up movement and even then, that light is not too bright but it is enough to provide sufficient visibility for us and our bunnies.
I've had this light for 2 years now and it still works as perfectly well today as it did from the first day I purchased it.
I am using the same original batteries and have never had to change them in 2 whole years.
I'm very very pleased with this product and highly highly recommend it.
on 21 October 2014
The house we currently occupy had no back door light fitted and, as we are required to leave the property in the same state as occupied, this seemed a suitable solution. It has far exceeded my expectations: installed on the outside wall, it is bright, sensitive (but not overly so) and not battery exhaustive (still using the same batteries over ten months later!). Importantly, it seems to have remained completely weathertight.

If you need an outside light and are unable to hardwire for whatever reason, then this is a great solution. Highly recommended.
review image
on 24 February 2014
Neat little light , not as bright as expected but just adequate or our needs. the batteries should last quite some time if you switch it to movement detected mode otherwise it will glow all the time and drastically shorten the life of the batteries
on 1 February 2014
My front door is recessed underneath the second floor of my house making it almost impossible to see the key hole when dark
This was perfect for the job, no wiring, lights up enough area to see your way in and doesn't come on when people are passing by
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 17 August 2012
I didn't hold high hopes for this light, but it was battery powered, so no wiring was envolved and best of all it was cheap. Not quite the cheapest in the range but a very affordable price just incase it turned into a damp squib.
I chose this model as it ran on higher capacity batteries and so hopefully last longer. It was supposed to be a temporary fix until I could get a proper light fitted.
Well, all I can say is wow! Its a very capable light. Its bright, elegant and the PIR works very well.
The light has been working for a month now and I've decided I don't need the expensive wiring job after all as this light is perfectly adequate for my needs.
They are so useful and fit almost anywhere, They are one of the most useful lights around.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Does what is expected of it. Very bright LED light and switches on at a low enough light level. I don't know how long the battery lasts yet. One small thing though; if it is triggered in low light and then you switch a light on, it will stay on until the movement stops. I was expecting that when the light level was high enough it would automatically switch off irrespective of movement.
on 7 November 2013
Small unit with a very small LED light, apparently 100 lumens bright, so might be better with a brighter model, (also made by Mr. Beams), depending on the area to be illuminated and your personal choice of course.

The screws etc are to be found INSIDE the battery compartment.

The seal to prevent water/moisture entering the unit looks good enough.

Handy settings for the choice of two time settings and perma glow or not are also INSIDE the unit.

A small price to pay for a decent little unit, but choose carefully if 100 lumens is enough for your needs.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 28 April 2014
Bought 2 of these. One works perfectly, the other worked for a month and then decided to stay on all night.

Of course, that means it cannot be returned as its over 30 days. How convenient for the Manufacturers.

Tried turning it on and off and changing the time setting. No luck. Useless piece of kit
Buyer beware! You've only got a 50% chance of these lights working for more than a month.

Not impressed.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...