5.0 out of 5 stars nice
now i personally have a few of these sets but this one i bought as a gift being the summer and the nights are hot this is ideal stays cool in summer and warm in winter plus they look and feel good too
Published on 9 July 2010 by tdh

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but poor workmanship
The duvet cover is great to use without the duvet for the summer and the silky feel is great. The quality is certainly not that great though as the cover is made from 3 panels on each side. So there are 2 seams showing top to bottom on both sides which spoils the look. Wish I had known this before I bought it as I would not have purchased if I had known.

The...
Published on 29 July 2010 by Popsical

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but poor workmanship, 29 July 2010
This review is from: 6pc Satin Bedding Black Double Duvet Cover Set (inc 1 duvet cover,1 fitted sheet,4 pillowcases)

The pillowcases have the stitching on the outside and the stitch tension is too tight, which makes them appear as a cheap product. Fortunately I use 2 pillows one on top of the other and I only wanted these pillowcases to use on the bottom pillows. So as they are not visible, they will be ok.

All fitted sheets that I have bought over the last 30 years have been made up of a single piece of material for strength. This fitted sheet is made up with separate panels for the sides with the stitching showing on the outside, which means that the stitching could become split and the joints may fray over time.

Although they have a lovely silky feel, I would not recommend simply because of the workmanship, panels and external stitching.

I bought this bedding with the intention of buying more sets in other colours, which I will not now be doing.

I guess you get what you pay for cheap price = cheap quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this!, 6 Aug 2010
A. Thoms (UK) - See all my reviews
The fitted sheet was faulty; it was narrower on one side than the other and didn't fit the bed. The sewing was below standard and looked like it would fray and come a apart easily.

I contacted the seller for them to send me some pre-paid packaging to return it they refused and said they don't pay for returns packaging, the postage back would have cost me almost the same as I paid for this product so I have given it away

I think people aught to know this product is well below the standard one would expect and the service is the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, never again, 7 Sep 2010
i have had one satin bedding as present for years, and as i was sooo happy with it, thought, why not to refresh my bedroom with same style. i wish i knew where it was from, as the material was cool and thick, althou very smooth and wonderfull to sleep in. my most favourite one to sleep in.
unfortunalely i was disgusted over quality of this buy. the only possitive thing i can say was it looked great, but otherwise primark cheapest ones would be more sattisfaction than this. i had to wash it first as smell was horrible, crease of material was high. u can look at it, just dont sleep in it. after one week the duvet cover felt apart, as it looked like someone ripped it off, and i promise u, i just simply slept in my bed only. the bed sheet was slipping of my bed constantly, it was sticky and uncomfortable.

i couldnt be bothered to send it back, i was so dissapointed, i just put it to the rubbish bin. trust me and do not buy it! pay more in the shops, where u can touch it and see it properly and u can have it for years as i have my old one.

1.0 out of 5 stars shocking quality, 28 Oct 2010
shocking quality, tearing on the sides, you always get what you pay for, cheap price poor quality

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looking but not too usable, 9 Feb 2011
Have to admit that I was skeptical about the reviews I've read of this and/or similar satin sheet set that stated the product being so smooth that it slips off the bed. After the purchase, (it was a gift to a friend) I get told that the sheets are actually too smooth/slippery to be of use. The duvet simply flows off the bed after every few minutes of sleep and the sheets must be pinned to the mattress least they too come off during the night. The set looks great but is of very limited usability. As for the workmanship, I can't say much since neither I nor my friend are knowledgeable in this area. Hope this is useful to the would be buyers.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 3 Dec 2010
D. Burbridge (gloucester) - See all my reviews
i have to agree with other reviews that the quality of this product left a lot to be desired. the stitching frayed after the first wash and it has gone from bad to worse,of course you could say that you get what you pay for and this was definately cheap, in all sense of the word.

in all fairness, I have another set practically identical, from another supplier which cost almost three times as much, but the quality of this more expensive one [ regarding frayed seams ] is hardly any better. so, I am wondering if it is the fabric which is to blame. I would think a lot of skill is required to work with this very slippery fabric so if the manufacture of the set was done with cheap labour, instead of skilled personnel, perhaps that would explain.

I would not recommend to buy this set, in fact it has completely put me off this satin bedlinen altogether

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 25 Feb 2014
These are great for the price. I've been using them for 2 months now and washed them a few times. I personally love them but my partner hates them. I find them warm and smooth, and they don't get sweaty and damp like normal sheets. My partner hates them because the duvet and pillows slide away from her during the night.
The satin itself is quite thin and because of the low thread count the material snags easily. These snags can often be fixed by rubbing the material with your fingers. Sharp toenails or clothing can damage these sheets easily, so you have to take extra care. The bottom sheet is quite a tight fit for our mattress so I can imagine people having trouble with this. This all sounds bad but remember this is a cheap set. You wouldn't get great sheets in any material for 15 including delivery.

Overall if you'd like to try satin sheets, these are worth a try. It is a cheap set so don't expect a lot, and do expect the material to be quite fragile. It would cost a great deal more to get better quality satin sheets.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 9 July 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 12 July 2014
slippery

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, 7 July 2014
Amazing Duvet set, lovely and soft. Feels far more expensive than it actually is.