5.0 out of 5 stars Tassimo review
Published on 15 Nov 2009 by S. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, tasty and convienient, with some issues.
I got this product from work, as they were selling it very cheaply - normally I wouldn't have bothered, unless it was a gift. That is to say, I didn't really research this item before I bought it, except to check its price.

Published 17 months ago by Mozza

5.0 out of 5 stars Tassimo review, 15 Nov 2009
S. Johnson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
I've used most of one cup machines and still own a Gaggia. The Gaggia can produce the best results with freshly ground beans but it's a bit temperamental and a lot of work. The Tassimo's closest competitor at the price the Dolce Gusto is actually capable of producing a better Latte, but where it falls down next to the Tassimo is variety. Don't let the limited range of drinks available in the average supermarket fool you, check out the selection available from the Tassimo website. The number of flavours and styles available from Tassimo outnumbers the Gusto by about 5:1. There's too much choice to get bored and as long as you spend over £30 to get free shipping the price matches what you'll pay in the supermarket. The shelf life is good enough to justify the bulk purchase and my partner's consumption of the Suchard hot chocolate means we're putting in an order most months. We've had ours for about 6 months and our usage has gone up not down.
Some people may find the drinks sizes small but I tend to prefer espresso so for me it's not a problem. You can also choose to increase the amount of water added if you wish.
The piercing unit/nozzle needs regular cleaning, especially if you have a lot of chocolate and milky drinks but it's easily removed for cleaning. We bought a second nozzle from the Bosch spares site for about a fiver and rotate them through the dishwasher so it's no effort.
I think the Tassimo represents the best compromise of quality and convenience for day to day use of all the machines I've tried. Factor in the great variety of drinks available and it beats the competition outright in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine!, 4 Oct 2008
Mr. P. R. Lancaster "Paul" (Greater Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
Coffee is one of those things that for some reason I cannot do - even instant coffee is beyond me! Seeing my guest's faces as I serve a perfect latte is just hilarious - there's no way I could ever do this without my Tassimo!

This is a great little machine and a big improvement over the old Tassimo machine. This new model machine is more compact and of a higher build quality than the old one. It has a larger 2litre water container which is now much less fiddly than before and can be very quickly removed/refilled with zero effort. You can prepare about 8 drinks before having to fill up the tank.

The hot drink is now prepared immediately with no waiting for the machine to warm up, it now takes 45 seconds from cold to prepare a standard drink - compare this to a kettly boiling which takes about double that time just to heat the water. A second drink can also be prepared immediately after the first without delay.

The quality of drinks is very high, it produces the best at-home hot chocolate that I have ever tasted! This maybe because the hot chocolate is made from syrup rather than the more commonly used powder. The coffee is also great and comes second only to freshly ground coffee - please remember it takes several minutes and a much more expensive machine to prepare coffee from scratch - this machine does an excellent job immitating those machines! I have not tried the tea so can not advise on those flavours.

The T-Discs (pods) themselves vary in price and flavour from brand to brand. Just standard Kenco coffee costs £2.99 (at Asda, Tesco etc) for 16 servings. This prepares a good regular tasting coffee at under 20p per mug. This is the same price for Twining's tea and Suchard's hot chocolate. For something a bit more fancy you can choose latte or cappucino from various brands including Carte Noire, for £2.99 or sometimes £3.49 for 8 servings which works out at 40-50p per cup. These items require 2 discs and so take a little bit longer to prepare.

Overall I would heartily recomend this Tassimo machine to any potential viewers but I must quickly point out a few of the pitfalls.

- You are limited to what coffee/tea/hot chocolate you buy - this is true of other pod coffee machines, but the Tassimo does have a very good selection to choose from.

- The portion size is too small for some people - hot chocolate is only 180ml. Latte/cappucino is 200ml. While most coffees are 300ml.

- Requires some cleaning (but not much)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, tasty and convienient, with some issues., 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver (Kitchen & Home)

To explain if you don't quite understand it (as I didn't) the machine has a water tank on the back of it, which you fill with cold water - it takes about 7 mug-fulls of water, so it's quite a good capacity.
On the front is a height adjustable plinth for your cup to sit on, and that comes off easily, for cleaning or for tall cups.
There's one button and an on/off switch. at the top there is an opening compartment where you put in the TASSIMO DISK (available everywhere - here and supermarkets) which are round, plastic containers, which foil over the top. You leave the disk sealed, and put the disk in the top (easy to do).
On the foil is a barcode, which aligns with the scanner on the machine perfectly, which tells the machine how hot the drink needs to be, and how quickly the water comes through.
You press the button, and the machine starts to brew the drink - you hear it pierce the foil, and boil the water, which it drips through the grounds of coffee, or tea in the disk - like one of the old percolators.
It takes about 30 secs to fill a cup (I'll come to that soon)
It then sends a load of steam through the pipe to I guess purge the pipes so you don't need ot clean them yourself - though there is a cleaning disk, which it says to use every week. That's a very simple task of putting the cleaning disk in the disk holder, and letting it run through the cycle.

So,

DISKS.
There's a massive selection - lots of espressos, cremas, normal coffees, specialist coffees, teas and chocolates, from Cadbury, Costa, Kenco, Carte Noire, Suchard, Café HAG, etc.
On the side of the boxes, they will tell you the strength and the size of the drink. Annoyingly, they don't tell you strength on the top of the disk - they really need a system there, as it's hard to know the strength of the drink.
Some disks are to be used alone, so the Costa Americana, which I use as my standard coffee, say's it's 'Large' on the side of the box. If I can get the picture uploaded, I'll show you what that means in a cup, but that is about 3/5ths of a Bodum glass mug, so not massive serving.
As this produces a standard black coffee, I then add my own milk to it, which takes it to about 4/5ths of the level you'd probably fill a mug to, which is acceptable. These work out about 30p per cup.
Others, like the caramel coffee (which I've forgotten its name) take a coffee disk, and also a milk disk, so you do the coffee one first, the machine works out the amount from the barcode, and then you put the milk disk in, and the machine steams it through, making it nice and bubbly. This milk is a long life creama, so it's sweet - in a caramel drink that's fine, but it can taste weird in a hot chocolate. It'd be great to be able to fill something up with your own fresh milk. However, you can warm your own milk up and put the expressos in there, giving you a good option.
If you use a glass mug, you'll see it layers the components, which is a rather cool touch.
The caramel one gives a good mug size, the Cadbury chocolate one is about half the mug, and is overly sweet and synthetic, probably because of the milk stuff. It's really not worth it as opposed to hot milk and powered chocolate, to be honest, although I had high hopes, as the chocolate is a syrup in the disk, not a powder. Doesn't live up its promise.
There's other chocolates available too, from Milka and Suchard, so I'll give them a go.
The 2 disk drinks add up to about 60p a cup.

I have English Breakfast tea, which is really nice, as I guess it's like using your own tea leaves, and this is convenient, as there is no messing about with the kettle. These use one disk, and give quite a large mug full.

There are many expressos for the machine, and I've found them good. I guess that is the foundation of a coffee, and you'll find the right one for you. I've drank a lot of coffee, but I don't mind dissolvable coffee, and I'd say these are a step up from that, but not quite fresh ground bean standard, but you do get a similar smoky and mature taste from the disks, which you don't get from instant.
I'd say it's on a par with a coffee you'd get in Germany, as opposed to the ones you get in ponsey Italian places.
Bear in mind that expresso's are very condensed drinks, so the machine produces a shot sized coffee. That is as I expect from an expresso, but living in this country, it's not a common sight, so I expect they get some complaints.

The coffee smells great when it's being brewed - head and shoulders above the instants.

MACHINE.
It's a well made machine, from Bosch. It's easy to use, and cleaning is minimal.
The tank at the back is easy to get to, though it could probably use more capacity. That said, it's fine.
It has one button at the front that you press when the disk is inserted and the top closed. When it's finished brewing, it had a moment before it's amber light comes on (Yes, green is "Leave me alone I'm still brewing" and Amber is "I'm done") and if you press the button at that period, you'll get more water come through, which somewhat dilutes the drink too much for me, but obviously increases your potion of drink - it's really hard to control this too - as the steam purges the machine after every serving, it takes a while to produce the water again.

That's it really.
In summary, I like it - it's convenient, fast and the coffee's and teas are tasty.
The disks are probably a bit expensive for day to day use, and the portion size of some drinks is pathetic (Cadbury hot chocolate, I'm looking at you)

I've had it for a month or two now, and use it every day - if you can find somewhere discrete to tuck it away in your kitchen, then it's a decent buy - probably not at £100, but I guess everyone has their price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 16 Sep 2009
S. Williams (GLOUCESTER, Glos United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
Before I purchased our Bosh Tassimo, I read lots of reviews and it seems that people either hate or love these types of drinks makers, especially the coffee critics, who seem to hate them. We, on the other hand, love it, so I suppose we're not coffee critics, but that's okay, as we still enjoy the coffees that we've made with this quick and easy to use machine.

We've tried the Cappuccino, Latte, Columbian, Cafe Crema etc and both hot chocolates i.e. Milka and Suchard. All are great. Yes, the packets are not cheap, but are better value, when compared with buying the same kind of drinks from a coffee shop.

The machine is easy to use and quicker than a kettle; cleaning is no problem and very minimal. We brought ours because my dad and step-mum had one and in turn, my mum and step-dad have also purchased one, after we raved about ours; also like us, they purchased theirs from Amazon, whose delivery was only 2 days from ordering; in fact, as I thought it would take a bit longer, I hadn't got any t-discs in, so had to pop out for some!! Also, Amazon were miles cheaper than buying it from Argos.

You do have to shop about for different drinks, from different stores, but most do the Latte, Cappuccino and hot chocolate flavours and a tea one, but none, so far, as I can tell, sell the creama, which is a nuisance, so we use Coffee Compliment or cream. I know the Tassimo online shop sells it, but that involves a delivery charge and the nuisance of delivery; we seem to prefer the Latte and hot chocolate drinks, so creama is not a problem, as these drinks come with it, as opposed, for example, the Columbian coffee product, which is just coffee and no creams t-discs.

However, re the hot chocolate products, if you buy the Milka hot chocolate, it works out as more expensive per cup, than the Suchard, as Suchard does not come with creama; Milka has 8 t-discs and 8 creama t-discs, Suchard has 16 t-discs of just the chocolate powder. However, both are nice, so it boils (no pun intended!!) down to personal choice. I usually put low fat whippy UHT cream from Anchor, onto my hot chocolate, so creama is not really needed anyway. Can't wait for Christmas-time when Anchor do their brandy flavoured whippy cream!! Yum!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Satisfying, 27 April 2009
A. C. Crooks "topchat" (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Bosch Tassimo TAS4011GB Multi-Beverage Machine, Silver and Black

Have had this for about 6 months and it has been a success - a coffee machine that is used daily. I like its ease of use and ease of maintenance. Kenco Espresso and Cafe Crema pods, and Suchard chocolate, are very good for my taste and easily available. I didn't like Twinings English Breakfast Tea pods - too harsh a taste, and the taste of the milk pods for both latte and cappuccino put me off. I use fresh milk - infinitely better. Must try some of the drink brands only available online.

If you can't be bothered being a barista then this machine is probably for you, especially if you do not like mess.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bosch Tassimo review, 16 Sep 2008
D. Wilcock (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
Let's get one thing straight - this is a machine designed to give you coffee in 60 seconds. Therefore it should not be directly compared to a £500 machine which picks beans direct from the bush, grinds them, dripping coffee to a jar in about 30 minutes.

Rather - as an 'instant coffee machine using real coffee' (albeit from mini airtight pods) it is fantastic!

It REALLY makes your drink, from plug-out-cold to in-your-cup in about a minute (seems less to me but I've never been sad enough to use a stopwatch).

My reason for getting one: after the convenience of trying a rival Senseo device whilst on holiday... got this one after researching and working out how easy it is to buy the relevant pod/pouches. The Tassimo website astounded me with the huge variety of pods available, and all my local supermarkets stocked (some of) their pods. (This is beginning to sound like an advert, but I am not associated with this product or company!!)

Any bad elements? Well, like other reviewers, I'd like to see a 'long life skimmed milk' pod to use instead of the sweet creamy one they sell. There should be a 'strength' mark to let you know how intense each coffee pod is, I find some a little too weak - but that's not a critism of the machine - and there are different coffee brands as well, some being knock your head off intense (takes a little time to find your perfect one) - this can also be a benefit as each of your family/friends can enjoy a drink to their taste instead of a 'compromise jug' as you'd get with a traditional machine.

If you lead a busy life and would enjoy a 'sixty second espresso' on your way out each morning, look no further!!!

Oh, cost? Well, I got one to save on the £1.50-£3.00 coffee shop prices. Excluding machine cost, it costs about 19p per cup (£3 for 16 pods) - that is NOT expensive for 60-second coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 24 Feb 2009
A. Moody (Southampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
Im a starbucks freak and thought this would be a waste of money, but a friend of mine bought one and made me a latte, it was fab, i bought one and cant get enough of it,its great, i even went out and bought the tall glasses too. its easy to use, no mess, and the pods are cheap at asda!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's different., 9 Sep 2008
P. V. Davis (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as a pressie to myself after a new Kitchen was fitted and not only is it a pleasing item to be looked at but also a pleasure with the different brews it conjures up, although so far I've only tried three - out of eight purchased - again on the Internet.

I don't know if others work in a similar way, but after setting it up, (quite simple) you put one of two pods into a special receptable and press the button. The machine then reads the bar code which tells it whether or not it needs Water and what quantity. Then it delivers to your Cup and when satisfied it's finished, remove the Pod and drop in the second one - usually a liquid. The Machine reads again and follows the Bar code instructions to deliver the perfect cup of whatever you've chosen.

It's an expensive luxury if you want a few cups per day for example as each one will cost an average of 20/25p per cup. However, if like me, you like the differing tastes but don't over do it and can afford it, it's a little luxury worth having it.

If you register onsite and also order, the Pods will arrive in 3/4 days from the Netherlands.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tassimo Review, 18 Sep 2008
Judge L (Belfast, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
This is my second machine within the last 6 weeks. The first one stopped working completely after 3 weeks but Amazon replaced it without question.
PROS: This machine is easy to use. Just pop the disc in the top of the machine, press the button and you have a hot drink in about 60 seconds. The Tassimo is also less messy than the machines that use the ground coffee. With a wide range of discs available, both online and in supermarkets, there's a hot drink to suit everyone.
CONS: The machine doesn't produce drinks like the pictures on the box!! The cappuccino with NOT have a large frothy CAP. In fact, mine don't have any froth. Likewise, with the Latte Macchiato. The milk also tastes awful and I tend to use fresh cow's milk instead, and a lot more of it, to get the milky latte effect. The Suchard hot chocolate tastes good but like the other drinks doesn't produce enough on an automatic run as shown in the demo. Using the override button does make a larger drink, but at the cost of a weaker flavour.

5.0 out of 5 stars This machine gets it right!, 5 July 2008
Ms. Kerry Hayward (Louth, Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
This is my second Tassimo machine and Bosch have put right all the little niggles I had with the previous Braun machine. Including now being able to fit my Portmeirion mugs on it, less fiddley pieces to clean, no overflow that constantly required emptying and absolutely best of all - more pressure when making drinks - the Braun never got it right (half the Suchard chocolate remained in the pod and the crema was never really good on the coffee!). The Bosch did stop working completely after 3 weeks but it was exchanged without a quibble. I'm very happy with it and enjoy my morning hassle-free coffee.

Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver