on 26 March 2013
I am not a professional chef but I do like to cook and recently decided to get a "decent" chef's knife. This is the one I decided on and it's obviously not in the super expensive range but don't let that fool you; this knife is superb. It is incredibly sharp, keeps it's edge for a long time and comes back to top condition with only a little work on the steel. It's also superbly balanced and has a great "rock" which lets you carve, chop, slice, mince whatever you want to do with ease. I haven't done any serious jointing with this knife so I can't say how it would stand up to that but it certainly feels like it would take it in its stride.

It really does make a difference having a proper knife and makes preparing ingredients a pleasure. I will be buying more Wusthof knives after this; I am totally converted. If you are undecided about this knife, don't be. Get it and you won't be disappointed.
on 19 September 2012
Not bad at all, in fact brilliant compared to the cheap old knives I've had in the past. I've been using this knife for home use for the past 4 months now and haven't needed to sharpen it yet. Seems to be made of a very good steel. Just be sure to sharpen it correctly when its needed.
on 29 August 2013
This knife is the best knife I have ever used. I use it for almost everything. After only having the knife for a week I accidentally cut the tip of my fingernail off while cutting scallions, went clean through and left me with only 3/4 of a nail left. I have learned to respect the knife more in future!
on 5 January 2013
Arrive d within a week and if anything exceeded my expectations. I would recommend this knife to anyone looking for a first class product at a reasonable price.
on 4 January 2012
great great knife.I am a professional chef in the manchester area. this knife has stood up to everything that has come its way. easy to sharpen,clean thin blade for greater precision.Perfectly balanced.dont look any further than this.I have knives that cost £50-£60 each and dont even compare to this. for anyone looking for a brilliant knife in a home kitchen, cheaply, you wont find anything better.
on 19 March 2013
Great price for a professional knife. This had been wanted for many years and will be treasured by its owner for life I'm sure. Sharp, stable, reassuring weight, but not too heavy. Will give many years of good kitchen use.
on 10 September 2013
Chose this knife based on reviews I'd read and the knife works just as advertised. Now its time to look at others in the same brand.
on 11 November 2013
Very very sharp, just remember to be careful when using and storing, can't leave it lying around in the cutlery drawer.
on 25 May 2015
I bought this six weeks ago but thought I would wait a bit so I could use it a lot before writing a review. The first thing I noticed was that it was lighter than my last one. A Jamed Martin 8" chef's knife (which was good but it's handle got destroyed when a certain nameless otherhalf put it through the dishwasher a few times without me knowing). As a matter of interest you should never put your work knives through dishwashers, the salt can make them rust and they blunt very easily, always wash by hand. In fact it's about 2 1/2 ounces or 64 grams lighter. Any reservations I had about this soon vanished. I found it easier to handle and it holds it's sharpness for a long time. I bought the 2 stage pull through Wusthoff knife sharpener at the same time and haven't used it yet and I cook and use it every day. I never use chef's knives to cut through bone, even small bones as I have a cleaver for that so the weight issue doesn't come into it. The handle sits well in my hand as well, not too small like some knives. My hand has a 9" span if that helps. I have since bought the paring and utility knives of Wusthoff silverpoint because of this knife, they are equally good. Hope this helps any questions just ask.
on 27 June 2013
I am a chef and was very happy with this product. It is more than good enough for home use, but also makes a good cheap knife for professionals. It's not full tang and it's not very heavy, but I'm using it as a temp and I am quite pleased with it. A great starter for a new chef.