5.0 out of 5 stars Works. Really.
Published on 11 Nov. 2012 by Benji

Published 10 months ago by Iliad

5.0 out of 5 stars Works. Really., 11 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Toppik Medium Brown - Microfibers that cover thinning hair (Personal Care)
I'm 23, and very self-conscious when it comes to my hair (or lack-thereof). I was spending almost an hour in front of the mirror depressing myself by angling other mirrors to view the back of my head and seeing thinning which I felt I shouldn't be seeing at my age. It was a really bad experience so I decided to try and find something online that might be able to help.

I came across Toppik by doing a quick Google search and, reading all the reviews, decided to give it a go. It was cheaper than alternatives so it was worth a shot. It arrived discreetly packaged and I was really skeptical - this couldn't be the fix, a little pot of coloured fibers? I went to the bathroom and liberally sprinkled it over my entire hair, run my hands through it and shook it up a little. Your hands get messy but it's pretty easy to get rid off, just wash it under a little warm water.

Now for the moment of truth. I went to the nearest mirror and once again ran my fingers through my hair -- the results were remarkable. I angled another mirror to see the back of my head and, to my surprise, the same result was apparent there. My hair looked full again. This magical stuff doesn't just fill your hair out, it does it while looking completely natural.

The important thing for most people looking at this product will be; "Will it all just fall out during rain or wind?" and the answer is no, not unless it's some hurricane or monsoon. Even if that is a concern for you, you can always spray on some hair spray to hold it in place a little firmer.

The best part for me was the comments I received both at work and home. My colleagues said "Wow, your hair looks amazing!" and my Fiancee echoed those remarks -- a huge confidence booster for me. I know this sounds like I'm employed by Toppik, but I assure you I'm not. I'm just an advocate for a product that changed my life for the better and want to convert skeptics into just giving it one chance. You really won't be sorry.

Pros:
+ Cheap compared to others.
+ Lasts a long time, a small pot can last about a month.
+ Stays in your hair until washed.

Cons:
- Messy application.
- Showers can also leave the bath a little messy as it all washes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 May 2013
This product is amazing as I have fine hair dark hair and a fair skin. I just tip it down my parting to give that extra little bit of filler and you wouldn't tell. The only thing I would say is be careful not to scratch, although you can't see any removal from scratching on the scalp it gets under your fingernails!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, perhaps you could get the same effect sweeping chimneys!, 6 May 2014
I was quite amazed by the pictures I was seeing on Youtube etc. I thought, 'this is too good to be true', it is. I put some on my small bald patch, it seemed to cover it, but even when you move your head quickly to the side for whatever reason, the product, (I like to call it soot) moves so easily, and you find the part you thought you'd covered all patchy. It is potentially very embarrassing. I'm glad I tried it out in the house first before using it to go somewhere to discover I had people staring at me, some guy with a patchy head!
Simply put, this doesn't work, don't help line their pockets for a no-good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Feb. 2013
Have bought this to use after having a fut hair transplant. until hair grows back. Excellent product., I use it after I have washed my hair and in between if necessary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok for a temporary touch up., 5 Jan. 2013
J. Smith (kent, UK) - See all my reviews
The hair at my fringe and temples is thinning slightly and this is particularly noticeable when my roots need doing. I'm not sure how well this product would work on a larger area or on less hair but it is fine to fill out the gaps until I have time to dye my hair. My own colour is a medium golden brown with 20% grey roots, I bought the medium brown. The depth of colour is fine but it is a definite ash brown and deadens my own colour so, again, I wouldn't want to use it over a large area. I usually tap a bit on as a last touch up before I walk out the door and use a bronzer brush to lightly blend it into my hair. I am pleased I bought the product and will continue to use it as it is better than my scalp showing and it is very easy and clean to apply.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST THE JOB, 31 May 2014
Have had thinning hair for 3 years.This is embarrassing when you are a woman
This product is easy to use & gives the illusion of thicker hair on the top . I will not go out if I have not used the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at how good this actually is!, 16 July 2012
N. Morgan (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great product! Although it's messy to apply, and will leave your bathroom sink in a right old state, it does exactly what it's supposed to and looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 May 2013
Have been using this product for years, its absolutely fantastic. Only works if you are slightly thinning.... as it needs some hair to cling on to. When used correctly it really does cover those thinning patches a treat. No one can notice i have the product in. Just make sure you use plenty of hair spray, especially if its going to rain! Has done wonders for my confidence

5.0 out of 5 stars Toppik Hair Fibers, 13 Mar. 2013
Toppik hair fibers are pretty amazing. I tried a sample first and the results were awesome,
I now use it everytime I wash my hair (washes out with shampoo) and I am able to style my hair
in any style I want, which was something I could not do before, I have very fine hair on top.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is self conscious about having fine hair.
It will make you feel amazing, trust me,.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 3 Feb. 2013
Quick and easy to use. Be careful when putting it at the front of your hairline as it can look a little dirty.
I thought the fibres would come off in my hand and colour my hand but to my surprise they didn't!

My first time ever using it and it has already increased my confidence :-)