4.0 out of 5 stars A very good product. Just be patient though.
This product records any games console you are in possession of. I have tested it on my xbox360, it works once you follow the tutorials on youtube to the letter. Patience is a virtue, however you will reap the benefits. I even tested it on my N64 that I still own and the quality was amazing. It will work on vista because that is what I own.

Here are a few...
Published on 2 Feb. 2010 by Peter Da Sonic Master

3.0 out of 5 stars Good when you get everything right...
Published on 2 Sept. 2012 by Tommiee

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good product. Just be patient though., 2 Feb. 2010
Peter Da Sonic Master (Bristol, South Gloucestershire, England. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)

Here are a few recommendations to take into consideration:
1) Get a double ended video with audio leads.
2) Get 3 splitters. This product will not work without them.
3) If you plan to record on xbox360 and/or ps3 follow the youtube tutorials.
4) You need movie maker to compile your videos to a valid format to upload to youtube.
5) For xbox360/ps3 set quality to good, the picture won't lag. I found this out on further testing.
6) Get amcap to turn the picture to colour once you listen to a tutorial on youtube about the picture problem you might face.
7) Your computer might crash and go on blue screen. This isn't that big a deal. Just persevere.
8) The memory required is bigger than you would normally find but you can try compressing it into a good format like .avi before recording.

The big positive for me is that it works and even records voices of your friends on your xbox360 if you have your speakers set to both.
The product is very simple to use if you follow the advice given.
Once you get this product working properly you wouldn't pay for anything else just be prepared for a few snags.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!, 13 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
i wanted to by this for my Ps3, i read all the reveiws and saw that they sed it was too complicated and i just thought no. Then about a half year my friend was throwing his out and i asked if i could have it. Excluding the time it took to install the software(wich wasn't long at all) i got it working in less than 10 minutes. i wish i had bought it when i was first going to now. I love this thing and i had no trouble with it at all. In my opinion you should deffinetly buy it

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking with dynosaurs, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder actually does work, even with Windows 8 32-bit. And it works there on more than one occasion. And having compared the results with the VHS video signals coming from the videocassette player, the quality is quite good.

Which is more than can be said for another similar-priced VHS-to-DVD conversion product I have tried.

Having said that, Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder simply would not work on Windows 64-bit operating system, under which the "Start" and "Stop" buttons did not work reliably. Which might disqualify most lapstops currently being (blamelessly) sold by popular computer sellers - no names mentioned.

And there are problems Pinnacle can't really help us with:

Firstly, bog standard 4.7Gb recordable DVD's can only just take a full feature film - and then not at the best available quality Dazzle's encoding and compression system can offer.
So it's always going to be a worry converting from VHS. And putting a film onto 2 DVD's somewhat spoils the experience, even if it does allow a comfort/tea break for the fmaily.

Secondly, we are no longer used to the repoduction quality we had to put up with on old VHS versions of films - even the commercially produced ones. DVD's you can buy really are a lot better these days. And we have probably lost some of the skills we had in looking after VHS cassettes and players. So the old films, transcibed by you to DVD, will never look as good as newer material you buy today on a DVD. Hence the dynosaurs comment.

The last reason the whole thing doesn't really work is that for intellectual property protection reasons,the simplistic option offered for recording straight to a DVD doesn't give a very nice start to a film, so you need authoring software to get the main VOB track to start at the right place when the DVD is running. And not a lot of people have software that's capable of performing that job reliably - you'll be really lucky if you don't have to rewind the DVD player a bit to get to the starting titles on the every film you convert.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good when you get everything right..., 2 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
well ive just read a lot of reviews of people having trouble with this, well i got this years ago and yes it is quite complex to use for some things, eg xbox, i found a way round the poor software by using an updated version for a different model and playing with the settings, which got it to record in black and white, well i then had to open up software called "amcap" to changeit to colour, the quality i got at the end once i put into vegas and rendered was quite good, a lot of people thought it was an hdpvr, its just complex,you dont necessariy need aditional cables, just component cables, audio out on your tv is actually a good thing, or a headphone port.

i would recomend this if you like something cheap but can deal with complex ways to set up, are good at playing with settings to make things better and dont want the best quality

if you cant deal with about 15mins of complexity and stress if doesnt work then this is not for you, i'd recommend spending more money for something simple, like i have now decided to get because the effort to just record say one game on fifa is too much and say if you did bad and wanted to delete that it would mean stopping the recording waiting for it to do whatever it does then delete and reboot the software again to change the source, its all weird

if you want more info or help dont hesitate to contact me, i'll help with what i can remember when i used and will also give you all the settings to get the best out of this, would be best for people who have knowledge and are quite good on computers

i'd recomend the elgato which i now have.

also my old one will be up for sale soon
if you would like to see the quality, check out my youtube at- [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit - simple and quick!, 30 July 2008
Adia-Wolf "Joanne" (Leeds, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
This is, in my opinion, an excellent purchase. The Dazzle is effective and does exactly what it says it does. I found the software quick and easy to install, and there was no need for any "patches" on my system (Vista), unlike (I think) on some older versions of the program.

The software itself is perfectly simple and effective - it takes you through step-by-step, and allows you to customise the menus of the DVDs with the included templates or your own images. It's slightly limited if you wanted the DVDs to look more professional, but for my uses it was quick and easy. It also allows you to add music and alter the fonts/layouts of the scenes. It's slightly annoying having to play each tape at normal speed, but that's to be expected and you can watch the video playing in the corner of the window, which is nice to check that it's still running properly.

I would have liked it to be possible to manually change the layout of the scene icons on the DVDs but, as it specifies, it's meant to be simple and quick. Another slight problem is that the software shuts itself down if the screensaver comes on or I lock the computer. At least, that's what I find with mine! It also eats up memory like there's no tomorrow - on my computer (2GB memory) it's hard to run anything else without the video jerking!! Other than that, I've had no major problems apart from a few issues (it had a "burning error" after hours of work, though that may be my burner). You should also be aware that the quality of the DVDs is only as good as the VCR - any issues it has are carried over and probably amplified on larger screens, but there's probably no problem with newer video players.

I really like the design of the hardware - it's quite large but looks very modern and only has a few ports so it's easy to hook up to the VCR. I had to buy an adapter lead for it to work with our VCR but that was easy to get hold of and it does the job. You do always need an adapter lead so bear that in mind before buying this so you know it's easy to find (and that it works!) before you make the commitment of buying the Dazzle.

I would definitely recommend this as it's easy to install and use, and it's really good value for money and for my purposes, the software doesn't need to be advanced. The simple options available are plenty for most users I would have thought. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I hope that it continues to work this brilliantly!

4.0 out of 5 stars using the dazzle for xbox360, 23 Oct. 2008
Mrs. J. B. Sweatman "Chris" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
it took me a while to get all the cables i need for recording but when its all setup its a brilliant piece of kit highly recommended for gamers it does record in pal 50 but if you download amcap you can get it to record in pal 60 quality is also very good the software you get with it is rubbish for recording gaming would of preferd to get studio 11 or 12 but overall it is a good product xbox live gamers get it now! oh and 1 more thing dont waste your money on the platinum edition its not worth it this dazzle is just as good!! thanks! gt:chris 0wn3d u

2.0 out of 5 stars incompatible software, 27 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
this wouldn't work on my desktop, which runs XPsp2. Audio came through, but video didn't. I tried every combination of connection, and downloaded the latest drivers but nothing worked. However when I tried an alternative software package (AVS Capture Wizard) the video worked fine.
so only 2 stars as I've had to shell out extra on software.

The supplied software (which worked on my laptop) is very basic. It only saves to dvd VOB format, not to avi or mp4 so you'll probably want to get an alternate decent video capture/editing suite anyway.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately it just didn't work, 4 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought this product to convert my VHS tapes to DVD. The whole thing seemed straightforward and some of the reviews were positive - always what I want to hear. Turns out it wasn't so simple. I bought the Pinnacle and the cables recommened by Amazon. I loaded the software onto my 1-year old (very fast and capable) PC (with XP) and it simply froze before the end. Uninstalled and re-installed but it still didn't work. Turned off virus-checkers, firewalls, and everything else and tried again - no success. I tried it on my 2-year old laptop (also XP) and it finaly installed itself. I connected the device to my VCR and laptop - exactly as suggested and nothing worked. I then spent four days (countless hours) trying to identfy the problem; this included telephone calls and trips to PC experts and shops to isolate the problem. I tried various hardware/adapter and software solutions. Finally after trying a 2-way scart adapter I got a picture. Things seemed to be working. I pressed record and the recording was saved to the appropriate place. When I clicked on the saved file I got a message saying that Windows did not recognise the file extension. Pinnacle customer support sent me a link to software that they said should work, so I downloaded that, uninstalled the old version and installed the new. Tried it all again and it still didn't work. I do know quite a bit about computers but have not been able to get the product to work on either of two very good computers, using software provided on disc and software sent by Pinnacle. I'm sorry to say that I could not recommend this product to you; nor could I recommend Pinnacle customer support who really didn't seem to know much about the type of hardware or software involved. I do wish I'd seen a review like this before I bought the product. It would have saved me a lot of time & frustration. I'll now try a different solution to getting my VHS tapes onto DVD. Perhaps you'll have better luck than I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, fantastic price!, 15 Sept. 2008
C. Lee (Somewhere only we know) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
This is one of the best products I've ever bought and a fantastic price too.. honestly! I'm so pleased with this purchase, it does what it says on the tin but 10 times better. I'm not using the DVD burning feature as it advertises at the moment, but making it burn the video file onto the hard drive which it does perfectly well. Installation was more than easy, and I was burning files fresh from my Sky Box onto my computer straight away! Don't hesitate.. buy it today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video capture device, 4 Aug. 2009
Xabel Joops (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have an older model of a Dazzle video capture device, but the maximum resolution was just terrible. So I upgraded to this one and I'm very pleased. The top resolution is very good (I use it for home camcorder videos) and the accompanying software is also straight forward and easy to use, but I'm using Pinnacle Studio 12 instead for more editing choices. But overall this is a good product and can recommend it to anyone.

Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC)
Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) by Avid (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: £69.80