4.0 out of 5 stars A very good product. Just be patient though.
This product records any games console you are in possession of. I have tested it on my xbox360, it works once you follow the tutorials on youtube to the letter. Patience is a virtue, however you will reap the benefits. I even tested it on my N64 that I still own and the quality was amazing. It will work on vista because that is what I own.

Here are a few...
Published on 2 Feb 2010 by Peter Da Sonic Master

2.0 out of 5 stars incompatible software
this wouldn't work on my desktop, which runs XPsp2. Audio came through, but video didn't. I tried every combination of connection, and downloaded the latest drivers but nothing worked. However when I tried an alternative software package (AVS Capture Wizard) the video worked fine.
so only 2 stars as I've had to shell out extra on software.

The supplied...
Published on 27 Sep 2008 by bennyboy

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good product. Just be patient though., 2 Feb 2010
Peter Da Sonic Master (Bristol, South Gloucestershire, England. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)

Here are a few recommendations to take into consideration:
1) Get a double ended video with audio leads.
2) Get 3 splitters. This product will not work without them.
3) If you plan to record on xbox360 and/or ps3 follow the youtube tutorials.
4) You need movie maker to compile your videos to a valid format to upload to youtube.
5) For xbox360/ps3 set quality to good, the picture won't lag. I found this out on further testing.
6) Get amcap to turn the picture to colour once you listen to a tutorial on youtube about the picture problem you might face.
7) Your computer might crash and go on blue screen. This isn't that big a deal. Just persevere.
8) The memory required is bigger than you would normally find but you can try compressing it into a good format like .avi before recording.

The big positive for me is that it works and even records voices of your friends on your xbox360 if you have your speakers set to both.
The product is very simple to use if you follow the advice given.
Once you get this product working properly you wouldn't pay for anything else just be prepared for a few snags.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!, 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
i wanted to by this for my Ps3, i read all the reveiws and saw that they sed it was too complicated and i just thought no. Then about a half year my friend was throwing his out and i asked if i could have it. Excluding the time it took to install the software(wich wasn't long at all) i got it working in less than 10 minutes. i wish i had bought it when i was first going to now. I love this thing and i had no trouble with it at all. In my opinion you should deffinetly buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit - simple and quick!, 30 July 2008
Adia-Wolf "Joanne" (Leeds, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
This is, in my opinion, an excellent purchase. The Dazzle is effective and does exactly what it says it does. I found the software quick and easy to install, and there was no need for any "patches" on my system (Vista), unlike (I think) on some older versions of the program.

The software itself is perfectly simple and effective - it takes you through step-by-step, and allows you to customise the menus of the DVDs with the included templates or your own images. It's slightly limited if you wanted the DVDs to look more professional, but for my uses it was quick and easy. It also allows you to add music and alter the fonts/layouts of the scenes. It's slightly annoying having to play each tape at normal speed, but that's to be expected and you can watch the video playing in the corner of the window, which is nice to check that it's still running properly.

I would have liked it to be possible to manually change the layout of the scene icons on the DVDs but, as it specifies, it's meant to be simple and quick. Another slight problem is that the software shuts itself down if the screensaver comes on or I lock the computer. At least, that's what I find with mine! It also eats up memory like there's no tomorrow - on my computer (2GB memory) it's hard to run anything else without the video jerking!! Other than that, I've had no major problems apart from a few issues (it had a "burning error" after hours of work, though that may be my burner). You should also be aware that the quality of the DVDs is only as good as the VCR - any issues it has are carried over and probably amplified on larger screens, but there's probably no problem with newer video players.

I really like the design of the hardware - it's quite large but looks very modern and only has a few ports so it's easy to hook up to the VCR. I had to buy an adapter lead for it to work with our VCR but that was easy to get hold of and it does the job. You do always need an adapter lead so bear that in mind before buying this so you know it's easy to find (and that it works!) before you make the commitment of buying the Dazzle.

I would definitely recommend this as it's easy to install and use, and it's really good value for money and for my purposes, the software doesn't need to be advanced. The simple options available are plenty for most users I would have thought. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I hope that it continues to work this brilliantly!

4.0 out of 5 stars using the dazzle for xbox360, 23 Oct 2008
Mrs. J. B. Sweatman "Chris" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
it took me a while to get all the cables i need for recording but when its all setup its a brilliant piece of kit highly recommended for gamers it does record in pal 50 but if you download amcap you can get it to record in pal 60 quality is also very good the software you get with it is rubbish for recording gaming would of preferd to get studio 11 or 12 but overall it is a good product xbox live gamers get it now! oh and 1 more thing dont waste your money on the platinum edition its not worth it this dazzle is just as good!! thanks! gt:chris 0wn3d u

2.0 out of 5 stars incompatible software, 27 Sep 2008
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
so only 2 stars as I've had to shell out extra on software.

The supplied software (which worked on my laptop) is very basic. It only saves to dvd VOB format, not to avi or mp4 so you'll probably want to get an alternate decent video capture/editing suite anyway.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately it just didn't work, 4 Dec 2008
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought this product to convert my VHS tapes to DVD. The whole thing seemed straightforward and some of the reviews were positive - always what I want to hear. Turns out it wasn't so simple. I bought the Pinnacle and the cables recommened by Amazon. I loaded the software onto my 1-year old (very fast and capable) PC (with XP) and it simply froze before the end. Uninstalled and re-installed but it still didn't work. Turned off virus-checkers, firewalls, and everything else and tried again - no success. I tried it on my 2-year old laptop (also XP) and it finaly installed itself. I connected the device to my VCR and laptop - exactly as suggested and nothing worked. I then spent four days (countless hours) trying to identfy the problem; this included telephone calls and trips to PC experts and shops to isolate the problem. I tried various hardware/adapter and software solutions. Finally after trying a 2-way scart adapter I got a picture. Things seemed to be working. I pressed record and the recording was saved to the appropriate place. When I clicked on the saved file I got a message saying that Windows did not recognise the file extension. Pinnacle customer support sent me a link to software that they said should work, so I downloaded that, uninstalled the old version and installed the new. Tried it all again and it still didn't work. I do know quite a bit about computers but have not been able to get the product to work on either of two very good computers, using software provided on disc and software sent by Pinnacle. I'm sorry to say that I could not recommend this product to you; nor could I recommend Pinnacle customer support who really didn't seem to know much about the type of hardware or software involved. I do wish I'd seen a review like this before I bought the product. It would have saved me a lot of time & frustration. I'll now try a different solution to getting my VHS tapes onto DVD. Perhaps you'll have better luck than I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, fantastic price!, 15 Sep 2008
C. Lee (Somewhere only we know) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
This is one of the best products I've ever bought and a fantastic price too.. honestly! I'm so pleased with this purchase, it does what it says on the tin but 10 times better. I'm not using the DVD burning feature as it advertises at the moment, but making it burn the video file onto the hard drive which it does perfectly well. Installation was more than easy, and I was burning files fresh from my Sky Box onto my computer straight away! Don't hesitate.. buy it today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video capture device, 4 Aug 2009
Xabel Joops (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have an older model of a Dazzle video capture device, but the maximum resolution was just terrible. So I upgraded to this one and I'm very pleased. The top resolution is very good (I use it for home camcorder videos) and the accompanying software is also straight forward and easy to use, but I'm using Pinnacle Studio 12 instead for more editing choices. But overall this is a good product and can recommend it to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, 16 Dec 2008
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
The Dazzle seemed ideal for what I wanted so I bought it. Since the product did not contain a scart to 3 jack plug lead, I had to buy one of those as well. So I was a bit unhappy when the Dazzle software crashed on my up to date, fast, XP pc. I contacted Pinnacle help. They are only available via the web - and after my experiences, you can see why! They had me reload the software 3 times using various different Windows formats - eg in safe mode, with all utilities switched off etc and still it did not work. Each time I had to do what they suggested and then send back the results - and it was at least a day before they replied, with many further unsuccessful suggestions to try. So I wasted hours and hours and at the end after about a month of messages back and forth, they told me they had no further suggestions. So I returned the product. I ended up with a scart to 3 jack plug lead which I now don't need, and paying the product carriage both ways for a product that doesn't work. Does not seem fair to me. I recommend all prospective buyers to avoid Dazzle like the plague.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, easy to use video capture, 24 Jan 2010
C. Scott (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) (CD-ROM)
Picked this as a cheaper item was not as good as expected.

Plugs in and works very easily, I was capturing within minutes from my camcorder. I wasn't able to get sound through this so I used the headphone output from the camcorder to the line input on the laptop.

Works a treat from a VHS recorder to capture VHS tapes.

Quality is excellent, couldn't get good results from the pinnacle dvd recorder software (jerky) so used AVS video recorder - superb

Highly recommended for the price and hasn't stop working since it arrived, loads to convert!

Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC)
Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) by Avid (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)