Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 May 2008
I have just been playing my new album (imported from the US) and I am kinda hooked! I bought it mostly for the track 'I'm Yours' which I've seen on the internet a hundred times. However the more I listen the more I love the whole thing. Stand out songs are 'Lucky' featuring Cobie Caillet, 'Make It Mine' (surely the next single?!), the heartbreaking 'Details In The Fabric' a duet with James Morrison and my new favourites 'If It Kills Me' and 'Love For A Child'. This isn't an edgy album, its an unpretentious set of simply crafted, feel good, grown up pop songs that you find yourself singing or humming long after the disc has stopped spinning.
on 6 June 2008
Im not usually the kind to write reviews, but when the CD had its first play I was extremely impressed. Ive been a fan of Jason Mraz for a few years after a friend saw him as the support act at a gig, and he has gone from strength to strength. The new CD has a slightly mellower style than previous ones, but it still has the addictive charm and personality of its predecessors.
If you have liked any previous Mraz music then you will love this, and if you have never heard him before, then I urge you to buy this, it will give you the taste for his music, and make you want to rush out and buy all his other work!
on 9 October 2008
More melodic than Mr A-Z and so the production is slightly different to suit the style and its a fantastic result! A very gifted singer/songwriter, Favourite song is Butterfly; if i had to choose my favourite song's i would struggle so ive narrowed it down to just one.

The album such great feel and some great moments such as on Make It Mine in the 2nd verse, the few seconds before it goes into the chorus, the hits on buttefly are fantastic, the subtlety of the percussion on Coyotes starting with the electronic groove and moving to a real drum sound is genius. Theres plenty on here to make you say "this is a great album"

Big thumbs up!
on 11 May 2008
This is another fantastic album from Jason Mraz. The style is a little different from his previous albums, but still the sort of album that you can't help but smile to.

Songs of special note in my opinion are 'Make it mine' and 'Butterfly', upbeat, lively and can brighten the darkest mood. 'Lucky' will be a lovely mellow tune for the summer, and as any Jason Mraz fan knows, 'I'm yours' cannot disappoint.

Everyone should own this, EVERYONE.
I really liked Waiting for My Rocket to Come (2002) and Mr. A-Z (2005), and after waiting three years, it's finally time for more Mraz

This is a great album filled with a mix of rhythms for any musical taste, and he had me hooked from first single "I'm Yours", a fun, reggae-based summer-ready track, with lyrics like:

"Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
and now I'm trying to get back
Before the cool done run out"

After that, try "Lucky" featuring Colbie Caillat, a breezy mid-tempo number that's extremely addictive. I have it on "repeat" as I type this. These two songs alone make the album worthwhile.

Also recommended are "Make it Mine" (jazzy with horns); "Butterfly" (funky, more horns); "Love for a Child" (soaring chorus, nice melody); "If it Kills me" and "A Beautiful Mess".

To quote from the ballad "Details in the Fabric" (with James Morrison):

"Hold your own
Know your name
And go your own way"

Let's hope Jason Mraz keeps on holding his own, and that we don't have to wait another three years for another album. Recommended to buy (not steal).

Rated: 4.5 stars

Amanda Richards
on 5 October 2011
I loved this album from the start. The only songs I was familiar with were 'I'm Yours' and 'Lucky' and I'm so glad I bought the album for these two songs or I wouldn't have discovered this hidden gem. I was expecting the album to be mellow and chilled out but it's so much more than that!

This album is so emotive, has something for every mood, and above all else, it's real. And by that I mean real in regards to the music (it's not manufactured, generic rubbish), you can hear and feel the emotions he's portraying, you can feel his pain, his happiness, his frustration and confusion.

This has to be one of the best albums I own. It's a little bit different, you can't categorise it because it is so varied in styles. 'Butterfly' grabbed me from the start, as did 'Dynamo of Volition' and 'Coyotes'.

I think everyone should own a copy of this album, In fact, it's so great I almost don't want to get any of Jason Mraz's other CD's in case they don't compare!

Amazing!
on 31 May 2008
Mr Mraz is back and, at the very least, is as good as ever. I've been a fan of his freakish talents for a little while now and was delighted when I found his new album whilst travelling in Australia. Only 1 listen so far, so can't comment in too much detail, but We Sing... seems to follow and improve upon the blend of acoustic pop and funk that Mraz leant towards during Mr A-Z, the follow up to the brilliant Waiting for my Rocket...
This latest album seems slightly less patchy than A-Z, which contained some great tracks but a couple of fillers as well. As with the album's two predecessors, the opening track, 'Make it Mine' is superb, as are the two duets with Colbie and James Morrison, and it's great to have a decent studio recording of 'I'm Yours' finally - this lovely track is the albums flagsip single to date. Unashamedly poppy and bordering on geeky disco or hip-hop at times, this album finds Mraz pollishing his eclectic style and using his smooth vocal range and cheeky lyrics to good effect.
Overall, not life changing, but a solid and worthy edition to anyones record collection. Present Mraz fans won't be disappointed, and for anyone who's not heard his stuff yet, this would be as relevant a place to start as any....
Charlie (Cornwall, transplanted to West Oz)
on 23 January 2009
I shamelessly bought the album after hearing "I'm Yours" on the radio. However, after a few listens I recognized a few of the tracks from a friends house. Then I remembered how she'd always been banging on about how Mraz is a "lyrical genius."

The album is very good, the standout tracks for me being "Dynamo of Volition" with the rap type verses and upbeat chorus, as well as "Coyotes" and "Only Human" and well as the dirty "Butterfly".

As cited, sometimes his lyrics are a bit off, but thats all part of the Mraz charm. You can really feel the energy through his lyrics in this album. I would recommendd it for anyone who is a fan of John Mayer or James Morrison (who happens to duet with him on this album).

Overall, worth the money paid for the album and a treat for the soul.
on 2 May 2009
This is Jason at his very best. Another very welcomed addition to the collection. I saw him again on tour in the UK in April, he was sensational.

Priscilla Ahn opened for him and she was sublime, check out her debut album too. A Good Day

It has got to be one of the most beautifully crafted albums released this side of the new millenium. When I first heard her perform 'Dream' I was mezmerized. The tone of her voice and the lyrical content blew me away!

"Long walks in the dark,
In woods grown behind the park
I asked God who I'm supposed to be?

The stars smiled down on me
God answered in silent reverie
I said a prayer and fell asleep

I had a dream..."

Beautiful - you have to have both these albums in your collection!!
on 23 May 2008
I can not wait for this album to come out on CD! Im totally in love with a lot of the tracks (I have downloaded the majority of them already but will definitely buy this too!). I'm Yours is an excellent song, one you can never hear too many times; anthem for the summer I think! I also looooove If it Kills me (esp. the acoustic version on the We Sing EP) and Love for a child! From what ive heard so far this album promises to be a fab chill out album and defo great to stick on in the car and sing along to :) Jason has an amazing voice, if you dont know his stuff give this a go...and if you do im sure you will already want to buy it!