4.0 out of 5 stars Great portable game with quick playing time
Published on 10 July 2008 by N. Matthews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the full board game.
As a HUGE fan of the Ticket to Ride series i was excited to see this card game and quickly pre-ordered it with Amazon. I bought it to use as a travel game when there isn't the space to pack or play the full extended game.

Although it is certainty portable, I was a little disappointed.

The game consists of two decks of cards - one illustrates routes...
Published on 8 Oct 2010 by Miss Seaton

4.0 out of 5 stars Great portable game with quick playing time, 10 July 2008
N. Matthews (Oxford UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Days of Wonder Ticket to Ride Card Game (Toy)
The game is basically two decks of cards, one set of eight different coloured cards plus locomotives and one set of routes between US cities. The object of the game is to complete as many randomly selected routes between cities that you have in your hand and for which you need to collect the appropriate coloured cards. A completed route will give you points which can be further added to if you complete the most number of routes to any of six fixed cities.

The competitive part of the game is with the coloured card play in which a turn comprises of either selecting two face up cards from five on show or two random cards from the top of the draw pile to add to your hand. Alternatively coloured cards can be laid down in order to complete routes. However, they are able to be discarded by other players for one game turn before they get turned face down in your completed card deck. This is the deck that is used to determine what routes are completed at the end of the game. As the deck is face down memory is tested to remember what colours you need remember what colours you still need.

A game lasts until the coloured deck is exhausted which should take between 30 minutes to an hour.

The game comes in a small box, for added portability for holidays etc. the cards could be just taken on their own.

For a small game there is enough complexity for a degree of replayability and would even be suitable for children of seven or eight years old.

Compared to the full versions of ticket to ride the flavour of the game is maintained.

The game is enjoyable to play and in my opinion is good value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the full board game., 8 Oct 2010
Miss Seaton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Days of Wonder Ticket to Ride Card Game (Toy)

Although it is certainty portable, I was a little disappointed.

The game consists of two decks of cards - one illustrates routes between US cities the other a selection of different colored train cards that you use in order to complete your routes. The aim of the game is to complete as many routes as possible.

As the game progresses you collect colored train cards and lay down routes for points (dertermined by distance of cities) that are totaled at the end. The game lasts about 30 mins until the deck is exhausted.

The game, for me, lacked the suspense and excitement the full board game, There are limited tactics you can have or styles you can play when collecting set of cards in your hands. It wasn't very interactive between players.

I dont regreat buying it but it certainly wont become of of our favourites and well used games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, simple to play and good fun overall!, 23 Jun 2012
A. Yorke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Days of Wonder Ticket to Ride Card Game (Toy)
This game is much better than I expected. I purchased this product as a father's day present as it looked like a fun, colourful card game that is easy to set up/learn the rules to. I read a few reviews and found out that this game didn't actually have that much positive feedback, most saying 'the board game is better'. Well, I can understand that but I didn't have £40 to fork out getting the board game, so took a bit of a risk.

I used Super Saver Delivery on the product, purchasing it on the Monday before Father's Day. I thought this would give me enough time but the estimated date said Satuday - Tuesday (Sat the day before Father's Day). Then I got an e-mail saying my order has been DELAYED!!! (new estimate Mon - Wed). I couldn't cancel now so just left it, and somehow Amazon got it to me on FRIDAY!!! Super Saver was extremely quick this time and the packaging was just right.

Back to the product - when I opened it I thought it was a bit simple as literally the only things were the cards and a rule book, but still gave it a chance. When I did play it, I discovered that it was simple and colourful. The box and cards themselves were high quality and everything seemed spot on. The game is a game of strategy and not at all down to luck. This game is well worth it and the age of 8+ is correct. Games are the perfect amount of time - not too long that you have to stop half-way through but not too short that you get bored of playing the same thing. In effect, you can alter the game play time by changing the amount of cards you have, and many rules are changeable if you want to.

Overall, a really great game, well recommended the perfect pressie and a good service from Amazon.
My rating: 8.5/10
Recommended?: YES!

5.0 out of 5 stars We like it better than the board game, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Days of Wonder Ticket to Ride Card Game (Toy)
I'm not going to go over the mechanics of the game, but just wanted to add that as a major fan of games , I like this card version even more than the board game. We have played it several times since it was opened in the middle of February. I've even got my husband into it and he does not really like games. Our older children enjoy it too.
I would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GAME, 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: Days of Wonder Ticket to Ride Card Game (Toy)
I just had played this board game on the Internet few times until I decided to buy the card game. There's difference between both, in my opinion the board game is better but that doesn't mean that you will get bored with the card game. This last one is very good and you will enjoy playing it even you are just 2 players.

Days of Wonder Ticket to Ride Card Game