5.0 out of 5 stars "..GREAT THRILLER.."
I completely underestimated this movie when it was first released, i was not impressed by the trailer much, but having now watched it i change my opinions, this is without a doubt a great thriller, excellent acting from all the cast, and a very gripping story, there is a great running twist in the film which will be to some people maybe a little predictable, but its great...
Published on 23 April 2012 by S. Drury

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh my word...
I was going to right a ridiculously bad review of this film which i just watched on dvd... but i see many others have left amazingly bad reviews, so i leave it too them to tell you the truth... I'll just add this though.. Biggest waste of my money on a dvd... EVER!!!
Published on 4 Oct 2009 by E. Tokens

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 22 Aug 2012
E. Westman (u.k) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Awake [DVD] (2007) (DVD)
Lol I'm abit surprised about the bad reviews I was gripped through the whole thing and didn't know what to expect next , loved it !!

3.0 out of 5 stars Watchable nonsense, 29 Jun 2009
This review is from: Awake [DVD] (2007) (DVD)
Awake is another instantly forgettable thriller with a twist or two. I thought the acting was ok, but the film was a little slow with lots of big gaps in the plot. Give it a go if you have nothing better going on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Will you still be awake at the end..., 12 Feb 2009
This review is from: Awake [DVD] (2007) (DVD)
After 84 minutes, chances are you won't be awake watching this debut but instead drooling on the person next to you. Millionaire Clayton (Christensen) suffers from a rare heart condition meaning he'll die if he doesn't receive a transplant (no bad thing, you may think). Only when the call comes and he's put under, our hero is able to feel every cut and slice of the surgeon's scalpel but is unable to move or call for help. Instead we're forced to endure Christensen's mundane voiceover as he tries to battle the pain and subjects us to flashbacks of the rest of the cast who, it turns out, are only interested in his money. There's also a horrible twist ending that any Columbo fan will have seen coming long before. It's not a horrible film; just dumb popcorn entertainment that you may enjoy at home where at least you can drool in peace.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 12 Aug 2014
an ok movie

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire, 9 Aug 2008
This review is from: Awake [DVD] (2007) (DVD)
I wanted to watch this because not very often you have anaesthetic awareness discussed so openly in a film. (especially it was mentioned in some anaesthetic journals when it first released). I was very excited to know that the film was on one of the movies played on a long haul flight which I took last month. Oh boy do I regret wasting the two hours watching this.

It's dire from start to end. Everything about it is so unrealistic. For starters heart transplant patient do not look as well as the character. The whole plot was unconceivable. I mean if you want to kill a man you can botch it up without going over the top with everything else? Then the whole things about mother son business? What is this film trying to do? At one hand you get real life followed by a period of "anaesthetic awareness" (which as far as I am aware doesn't involve moving outside operating theatres!!!). This is then followed by some surreal plot mother meets son in the in between period.

Thriller? Fantasy? Horror? It's all completely mixed up. It doesn't actually know what it wants to be.

I only like the idea of awareness under anaesthesia as the main topic. But clearly the whole story revolving around the idea is bad. Avoid.. unless you are really really bored. And even so, I suggest you watch paint dry.

If you are an anaesthetist, you could only shake your head in despair!

2.0 out of 5 stars Alright, I suppose, 27 May 2009
This review is from: Awake [DVD] (2007) (DVD)
I didn't like the unnecessary amount of swearing. This annoyed quite a bit. It took quite along time to get to the point and was rather too slow for me.
Not the best of films which is why I wouldn't buy it. That's the beauty of renting them before hand.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull!!!, 3 Aug 2008
This review is from: Awake [DVD] (2007) (DVD)
When i saw the previews to this i thought it would be a great watch with a fast paced plot. I was mistaken! A very slow!! start and with seeing the relationship between hayden and jessica was very boring. They didn't appear to have any chemistry. Plus with the numerous scenes of hayden just running through the hospital added to the dissapointment of it all.
I must say the twist at the end was unexpected to me ..but sadly was not enough to win me over witht his movie. Maybe?? worth renting it, just to say you've watched it..but definatly not worth buying.

Moral of the story?..it pays to listen to the mother =]

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Awake [DVD] (2007)
Awake [DVD] (2007) by Joby Harrold (DVD - 2008)
2.70