5.0 out of 5 stars SMASHING!!
Published on 29 Mar 2011 by Mrs. A. L. White

3.0 out of 5 stars "Step up 2" is less than "Step up"
Published on 18 July 2008 by Louise Amkaer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars "Step up 2" is less than "Step up", 18 July 2008
Louise Amkaer (Greenland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Step Up 2 - The Streets [DVD] (DVD)
Andie is on a downward slope after her mother's death, she's skipping school, staying out late, and part of a crew - the 410 - whose subway prank ends up on the evening news. The result is an ultimatum from her guardian: move to her aunt's place in Texas or join MSA. - And so the very street Andie finds her way to the polished floors of MSA. What follows is: Andie is kicked out of the 410 and starts her own crew with Chase, MSA royalty.

"Step up 2" is all about being yourself and not being afraid to dance your own dance, which is a great message. The dancing is awesome, but there really isn't that much focus on it. The best dance sequence is a barbecue party with salsa. The dance finale at the end is more about the rain pouring down than the dancing. Also, it is evident that Chase is the better dancer compared to Andie.

I have to admit that "Step up 2" doesn't meet the high standards set in "Step up". It's less in every way. Still, "Step up 2" is a nice dance movie - the soundtrack is edgy and great.

My advice: don't expect too much.

Louise.

5.0 out of 5 stars SMASHING!!, 29 Mar 2011
Mrs. A. L. White "Madwhite" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Step Up 2 - The Streets [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this DVD because I love break dancing and all styles of hip hop and the different street moves!I have loved all this type of dancing since the old days of breakdance the movie and electric boogaloo! in the 80's!! And I was transfixed for the whole movie!If you love high paced, high energy dancing and wicked moves you will love this movie with a great soundtrack it is the perfect package!!So turn the volume up,turn off your mobile and put your answerphone on kick back and enjoy the ride!!I have ordered the 1st movie 'step up'Step Up [DVD] [2006] now as I haven't seen that and can't wait to watch! And I have seen the trailer for step up 3Step Up 3 [DVD] [2010] and I'm already excited for that one!! If I have to rate Step up 2 I give it a massive 5*

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, 23 July 2008
This review is from: Step Up 2 - The Streets [DVD] (DVD)
Obviously designed for the younger generation, Step Up 2: The Streets is a well choreographed and fast paced movie that has less of the drama of the first, but a lot more of the message, 'It's not what you have, it's what you make of what you have'.

The storyline was lacking a lot after the first, but I found the dancing and the rawness of this film a lot better than the first.
It seems a lot less polished than the first also (Perhaps due to style of dance or new directing), but nethertheless it's a good film.
The dance scene at the end was truly something and much better than anything in Step Up, although the rain involved played a big part im this.

Overall, Storyline, a lot more basic than first but dance scenes a lot better than first (In my Opinion). The biggest compliment i can give is that straight after watching this film, me and one of my girlfriends got up and started to dance, checking out all the hip-hop and dance videos on youtube. Check it out and it just may inspire you!

(There are other dance groups pieces for the street battle as extras on the disc aswell.)

3.0 out of 5 stars "Step Up 2: The Streets" on BLU RAY - Compatibility Issues With The 'US' Disc..., 21 Mar 2014
Mark Barry "Mark Barry" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
If you're buying "Step Up 2: The Streets" on BLU RAY - note the following. The American Disney release is REGION A LOCKED so it won't play on our machines unless they're chipped to be 'all regions' (which few are). Avoid that.

Opt instead for the UK version - in 2014 it's just as cheap and a looker as well on the format (my daughter loves it)...

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, 10 Feb 2012
Keith C. Hales (uk) - See all my reviews
the disc card is a realy good buy,does as described.i no where to get another 1 if needed,gud work guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original!, 24 Jan 2009
This review is from: Step Up 2 - The Streets [DVD] (DVD)
I got this as a Christmas gift after loving the first film and I have to say this one is even better. The dancing is absolutely amazing and when you see the actor who plays the character Moose move you will be stunned, I would kill to dance like that.
The story revolves around the main female character Andie who wins a place at a top school for dance, she needs to get in there in order for her to stay where she is as her guardian wants her to move after they have a few run-ins, however the move alienates Andie from her dance crew 'The 410s' so she sets up her own crew at her new school.
The routines both crews do are out of this world and the film has a fantastic soundtrack. It ends with the most sublime dance in the rain you will ever see. I really hope there will be a third one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fave Dance Movie, 27 Feb 2009
This review is from: Step Up 2 - The Streets [DVD] (DVD)
This is my favourite dance movie ever!!! I went to the cinema on my own and thought it would be boring but it looked great on the big screen. There is a scene at the end with rain which is my favourite. A girl has to join a dance school or she will be sent to Texas to stay with her aunt which she does NOT want. She would have to leave all her friends behind. She gets kicked out of her dance group/gang, she makes a new best friend, meets her to-be boyfriend and makes up her own group. Will they be able to compete at the streets? Will they win?

3.0 out of 5 stars missing channing tatum, 23 May 2009
J. J. Harvey - See all my reviews
This review is from: Step Up 2 - The Streets [DVD] (DVD)
it was a really good film with amazing dance however for me channing tatum in step up 1 was amazing and no one could have out done him also the chemistry between him character and the female lead was amazing as they are together in real life. Although i did think the female and male lead of step up 2 were good :) worth seeing especially if u like street dance as has some amazing stuff in it

2.0 out of 5 stars Typical American, 26 May 2009
Wicked Sheila (Arnhem, the Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Step Up 2 - The Streets [DVD] (DVD)
Not as much fun as the first one. What a bad acting in this one!! But if you're a sucker for dance movies, this will entertain you. Just don't expect to much of it. The dancing is okay, by the way. But I hate the typical American 'losers' idea. Seeing this movie reminds me that for American nerds are always the people with the big glasses, strange haircuts and ugly clothes!! Typical.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite dance film!, 30 April 2009
This review is from: Step Up 2 - The Streets [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film - the dancing is amazing and soundtrack gets you bopping. Yes, the storyline and characters are predictable but if you're already into these kinds of films, you should expect that and not expect to take it seriously! It's the energy and rawness of the dancing that makes this film one to watch! Definitely much better than Step Up 1 I thought.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Step Up 2 - The Streets [DVD]
Step Up 2 - The Streets [DVD] by Kevin Chu (DVD - 2008)