5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit
It's tiny, sturdy, ultra-portable - you can stick it in your handbag or pocket - and absolutely idiot-proof to use. I love that you don't need any other bits of stuff - no wires, no cables, no chargers, no nothing. Takes great movies, or at least great enough movies for most home users' needs. I love mine and use it every day, as opposed to bringing out its complicated,...
Published on 22 Jun 2008 by India Knight

2.0 out of 5 stars Flip Video problem
I very happy with the quality of the pictures and would give it five stars but for the one problem I have had. After using it for five or six minutes of filming the red on/off button stopped working and on the switched the filming on after numerous attempts. When I required to finish filming the only way of stopping was by turning off the power switch. My original...
Published on 16 Sep 2008 by Richard A. Ellis

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit!, 10 Oct 2008
M. R. Davies "Maleko" (UK - Stoke-on-Trent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flip F260B-UK Video Ultra Series Digital Camcorder - Black (60 mins) (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Received my Flip today (1 day late, but Royal Mail's fault, NOT Amazon's)

I have been looking round for a digital camcorder, some over 100. As I didn't want to spend a lot I saw this one and heard good things about it.
Good things I can agree with.

Came in a nice stylish box (first impressions are important to me), and lifts out nicely with the Flip on top and underneath you get x2 AA batteries, video cable, pouch, cord and manuals etc.

Batteries easily go in the front panel by unlocking it from the bottom and sliding the front down.
Once the batteries are in, it's ready to go! Switch it on from the side, set the date, and then hit record!
Plug it in via USB, installs in a few seconds and you can access all your video files just like you would browse a USB drive or any other memory card.
You can then either copy, edit, burn your files.

The quality I was impressed with. As it uses DivX it does have a SMALL amount of artifacts in the video, but not enough to put you off.
I was very impressed with how it handles different lighting conditions, from going dark to light etc.

Overall, it's a great piece of kit. SO easy to use, no annoying menus, just easy press buttons which do what they say!
Cannot fault this superb piece of kit.

If they bring out one that holds more footage(I know they have the Mino, but it doesn't hold more) I will most likely buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip F260B-UK Video Ultra Series Digital Camcorder Black, 7 Oct 2008
Robert White - See all my reviews
This item arrived yesterday---very quick postage and very well packed. I immediately tried it out and made a 3/4 hour video. I used the inbuilt Flip software to download the three video clips onto my intel imac. Everything worked perfectly and after download I transferred the .AV1 files (which were stored in the documents folder on my imacs hard drive) into apple imovie 6 HD. I then edited the clips before burning the resulting composite movie to DVD disc (using apple idvd). The image resolution was good--in fact almost as good as I had obtained previously using a much more expensive camcorder. The video had been taken in indifferent lighting indoors, but the resulting images were clear crisp and showed fine colour. The background sounds and conversations were recorded faithfully. I particularly liked the simple operation and the portability of this Flip device. However the supplied batteries ran down after about an hour of use. In future I will use rechargeble AA batteries and make sure I have a spare pair handy if the charge runs out. I am well pleased with this "toy" which seems to give such good results. I am sorry that I missed out on the latest price reduction of 10 butI still think this Flip very good value at the price I paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for me really!!!!!!, 8 Mar 2009
Siobhan O'brien (Stockport, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this last week for my daughters 18th birthday so that I could record all her friends and the family wishing her a happy 18th. She loved the recording when we played it through the tv on her birthday and we all had a laugh, so well worth the money. I thought she would also like the flip to film her friends when she was out, as all her friends thought it was ace and wished their mum would have bought them one but not my odd daughter she said she wouldn't use it. :) :) oh dear I seemed to have managed to get myself a new flip :)

The rest on the family love it and have had fun with it, I filmed my foster daughter and husband on a steam train today something I would not have usually done as it is a hassle taking the large camcorder out.

Just found out my sister has the mino, she loves it but wishes it wasn't charged by usb port. I feel that mine :) which uses 2 AA batteries is a better design and I am going to keep a spare set in my case along with the camera.

I have shown the flip to lots of friends and my 85 yr Dad who thought it was great and said it would be good to keep in the car in case of an accident. My twin brother is going to get one soon.

My 13yr old son put it onto a dvd the same day and added music to it.
I can think of lots of times when we will use it to record events that we might not have recorded before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip Video, 9 Oct 2008
The flip video is brilliant , the build quality is good and the supplied software which is supplied on the 2 gb built in card is good too. It is very easy to use just point and shoot , and the video quality is very good too. One of the best features of this video camera is that it is small, easy to use and all the things needed to operate are included in the camera , including a flip out usb connecter, this is great as you no longer need to search for the usb cable to connect and download your videos. You can also use normal AA battries , I would recommend this Video camera as its brilliant and less than 100. The built in video software is easy and fun to use also.

5.0 out of 5 stars flip f260b ultra video digital camcorder is fool proof, 20 Aug 2008
Michael Robinson (uk) - See all my reviews
this product is a simple easy to use and feels of good quality. it is small enough to carry in pocket about the size of an old mobile phone. the software is built in as is the usb connector so when you have videod you just plug in to usb and follow instructions on sceen, no discs to load very simple. a video can be filmed and emailed in less than 5 mins even by a fool like me, its that easy .also when you switch it on it is ready to record in less than 3 seconds. only down side is video quality not great.

5.0 out of 5 stars FLIP N MARVELOUS !!!, 8 July 2008
little bill (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
I BOUGHT A FLIP ULTRA CAMCORDER AFTER SEEING AND HEARING ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET AND WAS THRILLED TO FIND OUT ITS EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS WHAT THE REVIEWERS HAVE BEEN SAYING. THE FLIP CAMCORDER HAS BEEN AN ENORMOUS HIT IN THE STATES AND NOW WE HAVE IT HEAR IN THE UK.
IT IS A SMALL WELL MADE DEVICE
WITH THE SIMPLEST OF CONTROLS ANYONE CAN USE IT .

IT RUNS OFF 2 ORDINARY AA BATTERIES WHICH IS A MAJOR PLUS FOR EVERYONE BECAUSE IT MEANS YOU WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT POWER WHEN YOU NEED IT . BATTERY LIFE IS BETWEEN 2-6 HOURS DEPENDING ON TYPE OF BATTERIES USED.
YOU CAN ALSO USE RECHARGEABLE AA BATTERIES.

THE FLIPS 2GB BUILT IN MEMORY IS ENOUGH TO RECORD FOR 1 HOUR SO YOUR UNLIKELY TO RUN OUT OF RECORDING SPACE AND IF YOU DO JUST CONNECT IT TO A PC OR MAC AND UPLOAD YOU RECORDINGS TO CLEAR THE FLIPS MEMORY AND START AGAIN . (SIMPLE)
I ALSO LOVE THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO MESSY LEADS TO CONNECT, SOFTWARE TO INSTALL OR MEMORY CARDS TO ADD AS EVERYTHING IS SELF CONTAINED. THE FLIP UP USB CONNECTOR IS GENIUS !!!

LOW LIGHT RECORDING IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN ON A CAMCORDER AND THAT INCLUDES DEVICES COSTING MUCH MORE THAN THIS AND FOR SUCH A TINY BUILT IN MIC IT RECORDS SOUNDS FANTASTICALLY WELL.
I COULD GO ON FOR AGES SINGING THE PRAISES OF THIS UNIT BUT I THINK YOU GET THE IDEA. (IT ROCKS !!)

PS- IF YOUR LIKE ME AND HATE WIPING FINGER MARKS AND SMUDGES OFF DEVICES THEN GET THE BLACK MODEL AS IT HAS A RUBBERIZED COATING WHICH RESISTS MARKS,SMUDGES ETC VERY VERY WELL.
TOTALLY RECOMMENDED ! LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 31 July 2008
C. Kelly (U.K.) - See all my reviews
For under 100 this product exceeded my expectations.

Really portable, easy to use, and the quality of the video is actually very decent - especially when considering the price.

Batteries seem to last a reasonable amount of time as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flipcam, 3 Feb 2009
David Crocker (England) - See all my reviews
I found the flipcam a very convenient and efficient little video camera.On a weeks holiday at Christmas in Germany it produced a comprehensive record of our visit using only 30 minutes of its 1 hour capacity.

The editing programme that is built in to the Flipcam is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget for a technophobe!, 21 Jan 2009
I absolutely love this gadget. It's so simple to use, to playback and upload videos that I reckon even my Mum would find it acceptable (and that's saying something!). My only, very minor, criticism would be that the usb arm feels a little plasticky and has the potential I would imagine to not be very hardy. Everything else about it is absolutely great. I am going to order a decent case for it though as I worry that it'll get bashed about a bit in my bag and it only comes with a fabric pouch - I intend to carry it with me wherever I go! Possibly my favourite present ever...

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent for capturing moment you otherwise would not, 16 Jan 2009
Mr. A. Walker - See all my reviews
I received this item 4 days ago and already my wife is able to email me videos of all the day-to-day things she is doing with my young son which I have great pleasure watching while i am away on business. I bought this because I wanted a device that would be easy to take along and use without the usual hassle associated with digital video cameras. It seems to be doing exactly what it is designed to do. The only thing I would like to improve is the sound quality which although perfectly audiblle has very little depth to it.
All in all a very worthwhile little camera for busy people.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›