5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to use and excellent pictures
Published on 13 Aug 2009 by Salvador Edmundo Escalante

3.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, BAD battery
I didnt buy it from Amazon, but still can review
The camera itself is great value - good pics, zoom, features etc
However battery died after 1 year, just outside my warranty. I have to pay £24.99 and pentax cant guarantee if it will last 1 year or 3 - which I find unacceptable
Published on 4 Aug 2010 by M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to use and excellent pictures, 13 Aug 2009
Salvador Edmundo Escalante (Palma de Mallorca, España) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pentax Optio M60 Digital Camera - Blue (10.0MP, 5x Optical Zoom)2.5" LCD (Electronics)
I have always been a photo entusiatic since I was a very young, a heritage from my father who always had very nice cammeras (film type) of brands like Leica, Olympus and Pentax (now classic/collective models as he got them in the late 50's and mid 60's). I started and had much fun with the Pentax (Asahi K-1000), but as years went by I left that passion aside a little bit, but now I decided to start fresh again with an easy/simple camera and thank God I bumped with this Pentax Optio M60.

Easy to set and use,a lot of extra features like the wide shots where you can combine two or three conscutive images in order to get that panoramic wide angle shot, no extra software needed, the camera it self process the images and in few seconds you got your panoramic picture. A lot of extra features to have fun and master your skills taking different kind of pictures with this camera limits.

You will not be dissapointed if you are looking for a nice and easy taking pictures camera, very affordable with a lot of extra/fun features.

PROS: Easy/fun to use and setup, Pentax quality lens, 5x optical zoom, stunning picture quality viewing in an HDTV (connected through an XBOX 360 or PS3 or similar HD device), easy to navigate menus, SD/SD-HC card compatible, almost 1000 10MP pictures or 40min 640x480 30fps video with a 4GB card.

CONS: You will need a backup battery if you like/use the wide angle picture feature frecuently. (Strongly recommended as this camera use a propietary battery type).

If you are a casual or starter photo amateur, this Pentax will not dissapoint you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Camera, Has produced some excellent photos, 18 Dec 2008
E. Meehan - See all my reviews
I have nothing but praise for this camera

For starters I wanted one a bit diffferent not your normal silver or black camera and this delivers the colour is divine and alot of my friends have commented on it.

Secondly I have, had nothing but excellent photos from using this pentax m60, after a disasterous year using a nikon coolpix I'm so glad I upgraded to a pentax its like the difference between bucks fizz & champagne.

While using it is a dream, its so easy to use, I love the face recognition option and the Zoom is great for taking long distance photos.
Furthermore I love the fact that is has a rechargable battery, especially when I think of all the £££'s I am saving by not using AA Batteries!

In Summary I really love this camera & would recommend it to my friends & family!
Thumbs up Pentax, I really don't think I'll buy any other make of camera ever again!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, BAD battery, 4 Aug 2010
I didnt buy it from Amazon, but still can review
The camera itself is great value - good pics, zoom, features etc
Re evaluating Pentax now as I was the bigest fan but im sorry that their battery is bad and no one told me.