5.0 out of 5 stars Vango Trek Mat Review
Published on 26 Aug. 2009 by Pete

2.0 out of 5 stars It's ok but died on me twice..
I got my first mat three months ago. I use it everynight to sleep on (I prefer to sleep outside than inside) (no, Im not a homeless, I just prefer being outdoors and having sun wake me up!).

I use this onto of a normal foam roll mat which I place on a wooden plank terrace flooring. So it's not on sharp objects.

The first one after two weeks, I...
Published 13 months ago by Mr. R. O'regan

5.0 out of 5 stars Vango Trek Mat Review, 26 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Vango Trek Self Inflating Mat (Sports)
After initially being sent the Adventure Mat, the supplier changed the item with no fuss and a quick response. I already had one of these but needed another, so when I was sent the Adventure Mat, I had the chance to compare them side by side (so to speak!). In my opinion this was definitely worth purchasing, Reckon the diamond cell foam construction gives it a more sturdy feel....
Worth buying...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product for traveling, camping and etc, 21 Aug. 2009
Buy this mat for seaside hollidays, because had a back surgery not long ago and cannot lay down on very hard surfaces.
This is absolutly brilliant product for traveling!
Very light, very fast self inflating (about 1 minute), very easy rolling and this one, was very helpfull for my back, it's very soft and comfortable then you are on it.
Comes with small bag. Very good idea.
Reccomend for all travelers, campers and others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 22 Jun. 2009
M. Hands - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vango Trek Self Inflating Mat (Sports)
Just spent a week camping and had a great sleep every night thanks to this. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Therm-a-rest, 19 Jun. 2012
Gary Miranda "gazm106" (Middlesex) - See all my reviews
I saw my friends therm-a-rests and decided I needed a camping mat to sleep on for an upcoming trip.

I gambled on this rather than the Therm-a-rest because it was about £40 over about £23 including delivery for this.

I received a red Vango mat in standard size. A well known brand that makes good quality stuff. My friend was quite jealous that this mat was much thicker and more comfortable than his Therm-a-rest.

It was plenty long enough for me, and I'm roughly 6 foot, maybe an inch or two under. Great purchase.

As others have said, requires a few puffs to inflate to max. I tend to fill it, lie on it and then gently bleed out air to make it a bit softer, but not too soft otherwise I'd touch the ground through the mat.

It packs up much smaller than my sleeping bag too, and is quite light. Easier to pack than my sleeping bag too, I thought it'd be a hassle to try and remove the air from a self inflating mat, but it's easy enough to just fold the mat and roll it up to deflate.

Very happy with my purchase. I'm a fussy sleeper so I've given it 4 stars, I've seen more heavily padded mats. Though it is a tradeoff, more padding = larger pack size.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's ok but died on me twice.., 2 Jun. 2014
Mr. R. O'regan (Your mum) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vango Trek Self Inflating Mat (Sports)

The first one after two weeks, I noticed it was flat in the mornings. I put into water and found a small hole a couple of centimeters from the valve. The supplier immediately offered to send a replacement on condition I cut into the inflatable mat and cut out the logo and post back (to render the mat useless and prove that I'm not cheating their company).

So I got the 2nd one, it lasted longer 6-8 weeks but yesterday morning I noticed it was flat again, I blew it up last night and this morning it is again flat, obviously another leak.
I probably used it 50 times, I'm not a fat bastard either, I'm tall and slim. I reckon now that for most people who only camp a couple of times a year it will last years. But constant use, I doubt will last long..

People I bought it off were good though so I respect their company

P.s. even when the mat is flat, it is still reasonable comfortable to sleep on - just in winter you once be isolated from cold ground as much..

Let me know if this review is helpful as I have lodes more reviews I can post on related stuff just I'm sure not it's worth the time to write if nobody reads it, nice one:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and comfy camping nights!, 28 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Vango Trek Self Inflating Mat (Sports)
I have always used traditional air beds for my camping trips, but was always colder than others on roll mats. So I bought this one, tried it and honestly can't believe it. It seems so thin to look at and yet I've had the warmest, comfiest nights sleep ever on it. Rolls up easy and takes a lot of abuse. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good vango trek mat very comfy, 19 Sept. 2012
Mr. V. F. Jones (edinburgh scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vango Trek Self Inflating Mat (Sports)
used it for my camp up notrh to pitlochry couldnt have done without it as there was a clear sky and a cold night so the mat done its job by giving me comfort and keeping me off the cold ground.
its so simple to inflate and easy to fold away into its on bag there is even straps to keep it wrapped up before you put it in its bag.
its light weight and it sits on the back of my motorbike with my tent and sleepingbag.
cant wait to use it again next year as i wont be doing any camping in the winter the mat would be up fo it but i am not LOL

5.0 out of 5 stars SYD, 15 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Vango Trek Self Inflating Mat (Sports)
I had no previous experience of sleeping mats before I purchased this one, but I can say that I was very comfortable during the night and would recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 18 July 2012
I cannot recommend this product enough. We recently went to T in the Park festival. Last year, I had only a sleeping bag and was FREEZING and very uncomfortable in the night waking several times. I wanted something light to carry that would give comfort and extra warmth. I purchased two of these in the compact size for me and my boyfriend, I am 5'4 he is 6', and the size was great. We were sleeping in 1 of 4 compartments of an 8 man tent, and I would say if the mat had been any longer it wouldn't have fitted, and with a pillow it was plenty long enough for us. It is SO LIGHT and compact, rolls up to about half the size of a decent sleeping bag and comes in a wee bag. All the people camping with us took much heavier (only by a few kilos, but that is alot when you have to carry all your belongings for 4 days the few miles from the car park!) airbeds that they has to re-inflate them every day. I don't know about the self-inflating feature, as I just blew them up myself, which took only about 5 big puffs (only once on the Thursday and they were good until we left on the Monday). I honestly couldn't believe how comfy they were. I had a great nights sleep and had my sleeping bag spread over me like a duvet every night instead of zipped up as the mats offer a great deal of insulation from the cold ground.

Bottom line, if you want something that is light, easily transportable, comfy and will keep you warm, DEFINITELY get this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mat, 8 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Vango Trek Self Inflating Mat (Sports)
Excellent mat with great thermal insulation. Bought it for my daughters D of E. Could have bought the shorter size to reduce bulk. I do find that a couple of puffs to top up once it is self inflated makes it even comfier.

Vango Trek Mat Std -