5.0 out of 5 stars Best torch for under 100
I bought two of the T7 torches (the same innards, just a tactical body), one for home and one for work (police). I was an owner of a Surefire torch who are supposed to be the industry leaders. Surefire torches are good, but they cost a fortune in batteries as they take 123A ones which are 3+ each. I then had a LED Lenser V2, which was a great replacement, but then I...
Published on 17 Jan 2009 by tom83cat

3.0 out of 5 stars Not such a shining example
The first thing one notices with the packaging is that this box has the same length/width as the LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch but it's 50% deeper (for those who have them), however, the torch inside is the same size.

I'd already bought the LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch, Grey, LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch Grey which is advertised on Amazon at 60...
Published on 12 Feb 2011 by b4-its-2-l8

‹ Previous | 1 2 357 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly "blinding" torch in every sense!, 11 Aug 2010
LegendaryMrDude (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: LED Lenser P7 Professional Torch (Black) - Test It Pack (DIY & Tools)
Being made of machined aluminium and taking 4xAAA batteries, this torch has got some heft to it without being too heavy. The cross-hatched aluminium barrel is cool to the touch and is reassuringly solid. The anodized black finish wears reasonably well as long as it doesn't get scratched. The rubber switch on the base cap has a positive action to it, and cycles through High, Low and Off with 3 clicks. Keep the button pressed (flashlight style) and you get "Maximum" beam strength, but this honestly doesn't seem to offer much discernible advantage (and it's uncomfortable to do for more than 30 seconds or so anyway). The warning sticker on the barrel should be taken seriously - this is a seriously bright light.

As well as the brighness, the revelation on this torch is the focusing system. I bought it as a gift after being seriously pleased with my own "LED Lenser Police Tech Focus" - the one small gripe I had was that the focus system required two hands to twist the barrel and change the beam. The P7 fixes that - the focus mechanism works on a push/pull so can be operated with one hand. The coverage of the beam in "flood" mode is excellent and the "low" power mode gives good enough light for even longer battery life. In "Spot" mode, the high power beam is more useful and it casts a useful beam easily in excess of 50m.

Complete with a nylon carry case and lanyard, this really is a fantastic torch for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frugal little sucker, 24 Nov 2010
Many others here have commented on the high output and quality of construction. I can only back those up. If you appreciate well engineered things, this one's for you. It's a pleasure to take it to pieces just to see how much thought and effort has gone into it's design and construction.

However, that's not the reason for adding this review. Last week, I was using this torch for doing some plumbing work under the floorboards of our house. Job done, floorboards all screwed down, thought nothing more of it. I went looking for the Lenser yesterday to use on another job and couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually I twigged that I must have left it under the house floor, so took the floorboards up to try to find it. It didn't take long. Six days after leaving it, there it was - STILL SHINING BRIGHTLY! Perhaps not quite as bright as when I left it, but perfectly useable.

Six full days of battery life (plus a fair bit of use prior to that) from 4 AAA batteries is quite an acheivement. Well done Lenser!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant in more ways than one, 17 July 2009
Ian Henry (woodthorpe england) - See all my reviews
The torch is a little smaller than i was imagining.
Its is superbly engineered and extremely bright. The led s don't get hot so the batteries last an age.
It would make a great gift. Makes Maglite look almost cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent torch, 10 Mar 2009
Saw this at the Excel Boat Show and was impressed by the construction, the LED 'bulb' and that it could be used one handed. Very compact too.
The beam is certainly very bright, much more so than other torches I've used (e.g. Maglites). The on/off button actually gives three settings, low, high and full power only if you hold it in - although high is plenty bright enough. Comes with a robust case which fits nicely on a belt. Recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars There is an issue with the button, 20 Oct 2012
I use this torch five times a day when I am at work so it gets a lot of use but there is a common fault. The button fails it sticks and wont stay on, it has failed twice, the first time after about six months and then again after about twelve months. Its a shame because its a decent torch appears well built and gives out a good amount of light. also the holder it comes with has velcro which wears pretty fast. This is a good torch if you only use it infrequently, but if you depend on it for work you are best finding one thats more robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 17 Oct 2012
I bought this product a few days ago, and am amazed at how good it is. I was looking for a torch to use on my walk home, through pitch-black woods at night. At first I went for a Maglite 2D, on the basis of the brand and because I remembered these being good when I was a kid. On the first use I realised my mistake: it barely lit up my surroundings and was good for little more than lighting up the ground right in front of me, to check I didn't trip up. Also, after only a couple of short uses (10 minutes each) the brightness lowered quite noticeably. In short, completely useless for my needs; maybe it is useful for lighting things close up but not for walking at night.

So after doing a lot more research, I went for this LED Lenser, and it has proved perfect for the job. It lights up a very large area, and creates the 'almost day' feel I was looking for. Certainly for people who want something to make them feel confident walking alone at night, this is ideal. After a few uses (admittedly, not a whole load) it is just as bright as when it started (I don't know whether this is because it uses an LED, rather than the bulb used by the Maglite?).

It is very easy to adjust the focus (wide to narrow and vice versa) using my thumb, as the lens end of the torch smoothly moves backwards and forwards. This is much better than the Maglite, which requires twisting the end and needs both hands. The torch is also much smaller and lighter than the Maglite, and is very comfortable to hold. The only negative point, if this is important to you, is that the Maglite definitely could be used for self defence if ever needed!

There are 3 brightness settings: full, which requires holding the power button down and so is a bit inconvenient, but in any event adds little extra light (not that it's needed); normal, which I use all the time; and dim, which presumably saves the battery and could be useful for some people as it still gives out plenty of light. However, my brother has had one of these for much longer than me and says the batteries last very well even in normal mode.

Another, small, good point, is what comes with the torch. You get a nice holder for the torch, which can attach to a belt or (as I use it) just protect the lens from scratches etc. in my bag. It also comes with a set of Duracell batteries so is ready to go. It comes in a nice presentation box, which is nice if being given as a gift.

The only negative point, and I would say it is fairly small, is the location of the power button. It is on the end of the torch, whereas it would be more convenient if it were on the length of the torch under the thumb (as on a Maglite and most other torches).

But otherwise this is a perfect product which is well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars A compact power flash light, 3 July 2012
Amazing power for its size. Solidly built but not heavy and fits very comfortable in the hand. Switch at rear has 2 power settings and a third higher power beam is also available by holding the switch in position. The broad flood beam can easily be turned into a strong spot beam by sliding the head of the light forwards.

Whether you are only an occassional user or spend a lot of time outdoors this is a great all round torch. The spot beam covers a distance of up to almost 700 feet and in a test batteries lasted three and a half hours at the high brightness level. It uses 4 AAA batteries which I feel is the most convenient power source.

The P7 comes with a wrist strap and strong pouch which has a belt loop that unclips so that it can be fitted without unbuckling your belt. While the pouch unclips there is no danger of it coming loose as the clip is strong and it is also held in place by strong nylon and velcro tabs.

The P7 is an awesome flashlight with which I cannot find a fault. The only reason for not giving it a five star rating is that I feel it is somewhat overpriced.

5.0 out of 5 stars I knew the reviews couldn't be wrong..., 9 Jan 2012
What more can I add to the already outstanding reviews?

I have had three items from this manufacturer and despite all of them being fantastic, this particular item stands out.

The torch is extremely well constructed, very solid and the quality is immediately obvious. It's only slightly less bright than the sun.

Perhaps the only 'negative' I could point out is more of a personal preference: To switch between narrow/wide beam you have to push/pull the front of the torch. This means that if you accidentally knock it, it can change the beam. On my other Lenser, it's a twist focus and I prefer that method. But that is such an inconsequential thing. I mention it for informational purposes rather than as a gripe.

This torch will meet and surpass your expectations in every way and is a thoroughly recommended buy. I simply would not be without it when dog walking or camping these days.

Insane value for money.

(I understand that my review may give the impression that I work for the company, but I am honestly just that excited that I have found such quality in these days of, let's face it, largely crap products)

2.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant torch BUT dont dare to drop it !!!, 17 Dec 2011
Mr. Gary Austin "Gadge" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I have now had two of these torches and must admit that when they work they are brilliant. I have however discovered what I consider to be a sad let down in their design. Considering they are supposed to be one of the toughest torches around they have a very fragile switch mechanism. Both of the ones I have owned have been rendered virtually useless after being dropped from a height of no more than three feet. Whilst I admit that on both occasions the fault was mine for dropping it I do feel that the torch should be able to deal with a bit more punishment than it does. Amazon replaced the first one free of charge but I am a bit embarressed to even ask them to do it again. Tried to E-mail Led Lenser but Hotmail wouldn't accept their E-mail address in Germany ??? Hope that if you buy one you get more use from it than I have but please remember DON'T DROP IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but brilliant, 1 Nov 2010
This is my second LED Lenser torch having recently changed up from the P5.Although the P5 is an excellent torch and relatively lightweight, the P7, even surpasses the intensity and range of the P5.Whilst it is a little chunkier than the P5, it is only marginal. It is comfortable to hold, well made and comes with a durable handy carry pouch.For such a performance I expected the batteries to last a relatively short time but battery life is actually excellent - I inadvertently left it on for 3 days in the boot of my car before realising I needed it and it was still working. Yes it is expensive for a torch but if you need good quality white light such as for dog walking in the dark then this torch is hard to better.Update November 2009 - the torch was immersed in a lake for an hour. It still worked without problems.

‹ Previous | 1 2 357 | Next ›