5.0 out of 5 stars Led Lenser P7 Torch
I have owned many torches over the years, from the 'old style' torches that used to take massive batteries (think 1980's car batteries!) to modern LED based torches. By far and away, this is the best torch I have ever owned.

The torch is extremely well built, the barrel is made of high grade metal, with a good grip. The on / off switch is in the end of the cap,...
Published on 7 Aug. 2010 by C. Parker

3.0 out of 5 stars Not such a shining example
The first thing one notices with the packaging is that this box has the same length/width as the LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch but it's 50% deeper (for those who have them), however, the torch inside is the same size.

I'd already bought the LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch, Grey, LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch Grey which is advertised on Amazon at 60...
Published on 12 Feb. 2011 by b4-its-2-l8

‹ Previous | 1 2 365 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars P7 LED Lensor, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: LED Lenser P7 Professional Torch (Black) - Test It Pack (DIY & Tools)
The torch has just arrived and I am impressed with the quality for the price. I purchased this with 2 universal brackets for the 2 bikes I use to commute,
The torch fits the brackets well and is very stable. For a 4inch long torch which gives about 170 lumens the light is fantastic and just what I was after. I have tried it out in the garden and the focused beam allows a direct light onto the hedge at the bottom which is 100ft away. Easy to alter the beam This is a quality product at a fantastic price when you consider that if it was sold as a bike light with over 100 lumens then the price would be over £100.
I would recommend this torch!!!!!!!

New Review 19/03/12
Ok guys now for the bad news. The off/on switch has stopped working as of 10 March 2012. I have contacted the seller who says its returns policy last only 90 days. An item like this should last at least 12 months. So I am out of pocket and would say to anyone looking do not buy, the sellers are not gentleman (if I say anything stronger then this will not be allowed).

I repeat do not buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frugal little sucker, 24 Nov. 2010
Many others here have commented on the high output and quality of construction. I can only back those up. If you appreciate well engineered things, this one's for you. It's a pleasure to take it to pieces just to see how much thought and effort has gone into it's design and construction.

However, that's not the reason for adding this review. Last week, I was using this torch for doing some plumbing work under the floorboards of our house. Job done, floorboards all screwed down, thought nothing more of it. I went looking for the Lenser yesterday to use on another job and couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually I twigged that I must have left it under the house floor, so took the floorboards up to try to find it. It didn't take long. Six days after leaving it, there it was - STILL SHINING BRIGHTLY! Perhaps not quite as bright as when I left it, but perfectly useable.

Six full days of battery life (plus a fair bit of use prior to that) from 4 AAA batteries is quite an acheivement. Well done Lenser!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 17 Oct. 2012
I bought this product a few days ago, and am amazed at how good it is. I was looking for a torch to use on my walk home, through pitch-black woods at night. At first I went for a Maglite 2D, on the basis of the brand and because I remembered these being good when I was a kid. On the first use I realised my mistake: it barely lit up my surroundings and was good for little more than lighting up the ground right in front of me, to check I didn't trip up. Also, after only a couple of short uses (10 minutes each) the brightness lowered quite noticeably. In short, completely useless for my needs; maybe it is useful for lighting things close up but not for walking at night.

So after doing a lot more research, I went for this LED Lenser, and it has proved perfect for the job. It lights up a very large area, and creates the 'almost day' feel I was looking for. Certainly for people who want something to make them feel confident walking alone at night, this is ideal. After a few uses (admittedly, not a whole load) it is just as bright as when it started (I don't know whether this is because it uses an LED, rather than the bulb used by the Maglite?).

It is very easy to adjust the focus (wide to narrow and vice versa) using my thumb, as the lens end of the torch smoothly moves backwards and forwards. This is much better than the Maglite, which requires twisting the end and needs both hands. The torch is also much smaller and lighter than the Maglite, and is very comfortable to hold. The only negative point, if this is important to you, is that the Maglite definitely could be used for self defence if ever needed!

There are 3 brightness settings: full, which requires holding the power button down and so is a bit inconvenient, but in any event adds little extra light (not that it's needed); normal, which I use all the time; and dim, which presumably saves the battery and could be useful for some people as it still gives out plenty of light. However, my brother has had one of these for much longer than me and says the batteries last very well even in normal mode.

Another, small, good point, is what comes with the torch. You get a nice holder for the torch, which can attach to a belt or (as I use it) just protect the lens from scratches etc. in my bag. It also comes with a set of Duracell batteries so is ready to go. It comes in a nice presentation box, which is nice if being given as a gift.

The only negative point, and I would say it is fairly small, is the location of the power button. It is on the end of the torch, whereas it would be more convenient if it were on the length of the torch under the thumb (as on a Maglite and most other torches).

But otherwise this is a perfect product which is well worth the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant torch BUT dont dare to drop it !!!, 17 Dec. 2011
Mr. Gary Austin "Gadge" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I have now had two of these torches and must admit that when they work they are brilliant. I have however discovered what I consider to be a sad let down in their design. Considering they are supposed to be one of the toughest torches around they have a very fragile switch mechanism. Both of the ones I have owned have been rendered virtually useless after being dropped from a height of no more than three feet. Whilst I admit that on both occasions the fault was mine for dropping it I do feel that the torch should be able to deal with a bit more punishment than it does. Amazon replaced the first one free of charge but I am a bit embarressed to even ask them to do it again. Tried to E-mail Led Lenser but Hotmail wouldn't accept their E-mail address in Germany ??? Hope that if you buy one you get more use from it than I have but please remember DON'T DROP IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars I knew the reviews couldn't be wrong..., 9 Jan. 2012
What more can I add to the already outstanding reviews?

I have had three items from this manufacturer and despite all of them being fantastic, this particular item stands out.

The torch is extremely well constructed, very solid and the quality is immediately obvious. It's only slightly less bright than the sun.

Perhaps the only 'negative' I could point out is more of a personal preference: To switch between narrow/wide beam you have to push/pull the front of the torch. This means that if you accidentally knock it, it can change the beam. On my other Lenser, it's a twist focus and I prefer that method. But that is such an inconsequential thing. I mention it for informational purposes rather than as a gripe.

This torch will meet and surpass your expectations in every way and is a thoroughly recommended buy. I simply would not be without it when dog walking or camping these days.

Insane value for money.

(I understand that my review may give the impression that I work for the company, but I am honestly just that excited that I have found such quality in these days of, let's face it, largely crap products)

4.0 out of 5 stars A compact power flash light, 3 July 2012
Amazing power for its size. Solidly built but not heavy and fits very comfortable in the hand. Switch at rear has 2 power settings and a third higher power beam is also available by holding the switch in position. The broad flood beam can easily be turned into a strong spot beam by sliding the head of the light forwards.

Whether you are only an occassional user or spend a lot of time outdoors this is a great all round torch. The spot beam covers a distance of up to almost 700 feet and in a test batteries lasted three and a half hours at the high brightness level. It uses 4 AAA batteries which I feel is the most convenient power source.

The P7 comes with a wrist strap and strong pouch which has a belt loop that unclips so that it can be fitted without unbuckling your belt. While the pouch unclips there is no danger of it coming loose as the clip is strong and it is also held in place by strong nylon and velcro tabs.

The P7 is an awesome flashlight with which I cannot find a fault. The only reason for not giving it a five star rating is that I feel it is somewhat overpriced.

2.0 out of 5 stars There is an issue with the button, 20 Oct. 2012
I use this torch five times a day when I am at work so it gets a lot of use but there is a common fault. The button fails it sticks and wont stay on, it has failed twice, the first time after about six months and then again after about twelve months. Its a shame because its a decent torch appears well built and gives out a good amount of light. also the holder it comes with has velcro which wears pretty fast. This is a good torch if you only use it infrequently, but if you depend on it for work you are best finding one thats more robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heavywight in a flyweight body, 2 Oct. 2011
C. Mapp (UK) - See all my reviews
Ordered this before Christmas last year, and have used it most days since for walking the dog and checking the gardens around the house after dark.

Provided with a heavy duty nylon case (never used - I keep the torch in my pocket without a case, as it is considerably bulkier with it!) and lanyard, which is useful.

Well built from heavy materials, I have had no problems with the switch which some reviewers have mentioned, despite not being particularly careful or delicate with it. The lacquer is still complete, no wearing even at the edges, and all rubber seals are intact and functioning well.

Light beam is easily focussed from spot (approx 4' wide beam at 35') to wide (approx 15' wide at 35') with one hand, with corresponding change in light intensity. Great for finding a dark dog in the bushes, or scanning the grounds for other wildlife. The dimmer setting (press switch twice) is good when camping, when you don't want to light up the inside of other campers' tents.

Hanging over a table at a quiet country pub during late summer meant we could dine outside after sundown without issues. Great, flat blue/white light from directly overhead, while the rest of the garden ate in darkness.

I did have one unfounded concern when the torch stopped working suddenly, and would only flash for the briefest of moments when shaken. I changed the batteries, to find out that faulty batteries (cheap and nasty ones) was the issue. This torch seems to fade only slightly with the loss of power, and then cut out entirely, a feature of LEDs I guess. Otherwise battery life is excellent, providing you use high drain or high capacity batteries in the first place. I change mine roughly once a month, so regularly get 8+ hours of use from 4 AAA cells, which can then be used in TV remotes, clocks etc. I change them to be sure of a few hours remaining use rather than get caught out again!

Highly recommended, better than any Maglite I have used, expensive but worth every penny. Even IF this torch died tomorrow, I would still give a 5 star rating, and buy another immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be deceived by small size. This torch is bright., 5 Jan. 2011
N. Kemp - See all my reviews
I was a bit sceptical about the claims people were making for this torch, but I'm now very impressed. It's hard to avoid comparison with Maglite torches, which have a reputation for quality build and reliability, so I won't. Even on its low setting, the P7 is brighter and has a better focused beam than my similar sized conventional bulb Maglite.

The torch is a handy size, just neatly fits my palm with the reflector part outside. Its weight and the smoothness of the focusing mechanism make it feel nice and solidly built.

The beam pattern is controlled by sliding the reflector section forwards and backwards, and is pretty even across its whole spread, whether on tight beam or floodlight setting, with none of the dark patches you tend to get with conventional torches.

I found having the on-off button on the end of the torch a bit strange, but I quickly got used to it. The literature says that the light when you press the on-off switch without engaging it is "Maximimum", with one click for "Bright" and the next click for "Low", which to me implies three levels of brightness, but to be honest, I can't see any difference between "Maximum" and "Bright".

To give you an idea of how bright it is, if you point it up at a white ceiling on "bright, floodlight", you can more or less light up the whole room with reflected light enough to see what's in it and make your way round. (I discovered this during a recent power cut).

My "Test it" blister pack came with batteries already installed, plus a spare set. I don't know when I'll need the spares, as projected battery life is effectively "forever" for the amount I use it. The pack also came with a good quality belt holster for the torch, a safety strap to attach to the torch and a carabiner type clip for the torch or the belt holster. So a good complement of accessories included in the price.

I'm not sure there's a downside, except possibly the turned grip sections on the body could be a bit deeper, as the metal is a bit slippery to hold. I'd recommend attaching the safety loop and slipping it over your wrist to avoid dropping the torch.

I think this is an excellent torch, and worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but brilliant, 1 Nov. 2010
This is my second LED Lenser torch having recently changed up from the P5.Although the P5 is an excellent torch and relatively lightweight, the P7, even surpasses the intensity and range of the P5.Whilst it is a little chunkier than the P5, it is only marginal. It is comfortable to hold, well made and comes with a durable handy carry pouch.For such a performance I expected the batteries to last a relatively short time but battery life is actually excellent - I inadvertently left it on for 3 days in the boot of my car before realising I needed it and it was still working. Yes it is expensive for a torch but if you need good quality white light such as for dog walking in the dark then this torch is hard to better.Update November 2009 - the torch was immersed in a lake for an hour. It still worked without problems.

‹ Previous | 1 2 365 | Next ›