Okay so I've worn backpacks for ages and ages and gone through them like wildfire, I literally wear them til they get holes and fall to pieces.

I've had bags by Roxy, Dickies, Swiss Army...nothing compares to this.

Published 16 months ago by Bette Mann

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
My son was looking forward to receiving this as he was going to use it for secondary school.
Unfortunately it was smaller than expected and seemed quite flimsy. Overall it looked cheap - not at all what we expected from Eastpak.
We are going to return it for a refund.
Published 18 months ago by LindaP

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely the greatest backpack I have ever owned in my entire life, 13 Oct. 2013

I've had bags by Roxy, Dickies, Swiss Army...nothing compares to this.

In terms of comfort, this is the best thing ever. The bag has a padded back (as the name implies) which makes everything cushiony soft - even if you're carrying tonnes of hardback books and a laptop and your lunch and a tonne of other stuff you probably didn't need to lug around with you but at the time seemed vital. We've all been there. This bag has stood by my urban explorer-hoarder urges and laughed. Such comfort. Such durability.

The shoulder straps are similarly padded, and also have a kind of grippy coating where they rest on your shoulders...amazing if you happen to enjoy slinging your backpack over one shoulder in a carefree, casual way. Who can blame you? You're cool. You wanna look it. This is the simplest way to say, "Hey. I may be practical and enjoy a sturdy but stylish backpack. But I'm also easygoing and effortless. Look at my one-shouldered stance. This is the look of a relaxed but action-packed individual."

But I digress. Not only does this backpack look hella cool (I got it in classic black because it's probably the only colour I wear (black doesn't show stains and also makes you look intense and mysterious)), but it's also pretty secure. The zips all have little overhangy flaps over them, so even the front pocket WHICH WOULD NORMALLY CAUSE MY MOTHER MUCH DISCOMFORT AND ANXIETY is super hard to pickpocket.

But I haven't even gotten onto the best part. Are you ready?

This bag is waterproof. WATER. PROOF. The water just sits on top of it like it's waiting for a bus. You can brush that liquid right off. Your precious cargo is safe and snug and dry inside its wonderful, padded, spacious interior. Your cargo can carry on partying. And even better, say you spilled a drink INSIDE this majestic backpack, it would totally not leak out or even get absorbed into the material. IT'S WATERPROOF INSIDE AND OUT.

So hey. This review might sound like I'm exaggerating. But seriously, if you want a backpack which is spacious but not bulky, comfortable but not like being a turtle, stylish but simple, AND WATERPROOF TO BOOT, go for the Eastpak Padded Pak'r. It comes with a 35 year guarantee and I actually believe it. Amazing, amazing, amazing. We gon' be friends for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars The must have ruck sack, 29 May 2009
At my son's school this is the 'only' bag to have. He assured me it has a life long guarantee and so far it has survived a whole school year and is still going strong. Not the cheapest but would recommend as good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to Resist? Eastpak are correct!, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Eastpak Padded Pak Backpack Florid All (Misc.)
Purchased this bag when it was first listed back in '08. I was in year 8 at that time, the first time I saw it I knew this monster will be stuck with me for a long time and 5 years, that has been proven true!

Throughout the 5 years this bag has gone through some rough usage by me, but the only reason I kept treating it roughly was because it looked new even after I DRAGGED it on the road (I was bored) but then I threw it on a muddy field because the thought of the bag ripping never, ever went through my mind. The 30 year warranty is there for a reason because Eastpak knows that not many people will be using that warranty, aha!

It's waterproof (has been used in some serious, trust me serious downpour), it doesn't rip or tear, the zips never get stuck and have been smooth since the first day of purchase.

However, there are some negative points that I was not expecting and you should look into before buying. Firstly the bag when it arrives (and even 5 years) is very stiff or hard, I have put it through it's uses but it still hasn't gotten soft. This could be a good point because it always stays brand new. The second thing is that I am left handed, I used to put this bag on one shoulder and the rubber grip underneath the padded strap has slightly come off but considering my usage of the left strap this cannot be described as a major flaw.

Other than these two slightly negative points nothing else, believe me nothing else has bugged me over the 5 years. I am thinking of taking this bag to uni, so it has been with me to school, college and hopefully uni. Its an absolute monster. Definitely consider buying this if you don't like wasting money on bags. Buy it, please!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bag, 15 Mar. 2012
The bag is spacious, but not too much, just perfect size. It looks like that the zippers are good quality, I hope that they are going to last long, because this has been a problem with my previous bags. It seems that the material from which the bag is made is very durable. The bag could be cheaper to make it a bargain, but you definitely get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, strong and sturdy bag, 9 Dec. 2013
Andrew Flint (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I use this bag for college and casual stuff.

Personally I really like this bag, I've had it for a few months now, the colour hasn't faded, It's still holding it's shape and it's working very nicely at holding my A4 folders and sometimes a laptop. I use the front of the bag for my wallet and pens so it works like a pencil case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 26 May 2013
The bag arrived very quickly and I was very pleased with it when I saw it! I've been using it nearly everyday for the last few months and there is no signs of wear. It's a very good product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bag, 19 May 2012
Thoroughly pleased, bag was delivered early, 30 year warranty. Durable, lightweight, waterproof. Only problem is, bag straps take a while to adjust and feel comfortable. I recommend putting heavy things in it to make the straps bend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 22 Jan. 2013
I love this. Eastpack quality and I love the colour. I still have an old one that looks perfect but it too small now... I needed a bigger one. Very good quality/price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Everyday Backpack, 23 April 2013
This is a tough looking spacious back pack ideal for everyday use. Best of all it has a 30 year guarantee. I bought this bag to replace the cheap and cheerful "Bagbase" bag which split after a month and I was told it could not be replaced as the guarantee had run out. Okay, this is about 5 times the price of the "Bagbase" bag but if it can last me 360 times as long, it's well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 3 Mar. 2013
This backpack is perfect
Its size is ideal for school, university, and travelling
its not too big and not too small
I use it almost everyday and is very practical
I highly recommend this bag and its worth every penny

Eastpak Padded Pak Backpack Florid All