5.0 out of 5 stars The list of card games in Hoyle Card Games 2008
Published on 14 July 2010 by Stuart Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Other information included(smile)
When I installed this game, it started by asking me if I wanted to install unchecked material, I ticked yes.
It then installed Smile before it installed Hoyle.
The Smile messed up my internet by installing Bing which I did not want, so I had to uninstall the whole thing and restore my original internet.
I have not reinstalled Hoyle because I do not know...
Published 15 months ago by Mrs. M. F. Page

5.0 out of 5 stars The list of card games in Hoyle Card Games 2008, 14 July 2010
Stuart Hill (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
This game has the card games from the 2004 edition - and more. The 2004 edition was a great family title and this version builds on that one (with no significant change in graphics - but they are fine anyway), with the number of solitaire games in particular being increased. So, a great game got better! Also, unlike the 2004 version, this game, once installed, will run straight from the hard drive without the game disc in the drive. And, if you have a widescreen monitor and are wondering whether the game will look ok when stretched to fit the wider ratio - well, the game fills the whole screen (full screen mode) and stretching is not noticeable or off-putting. You can (as before) choose to play the game in a smaller window on your desktop, if you wish.

The games:

Gin
Go Fish
Hearts
Memory match
Miami Solitaire - 55 mini solitaire games themed around a Miami backdrop / story
Old Maid
Pinochle
Pitch
Poker
Rummy 500
Skat (the national card game of Germany, apparently)
Solitaire (45 solitaire games)
Space race
Spades
Spite & Malice (actual name!)
Tarot
Tuxedo
Video Blackjack
Video Poker
Video Texas Hold'em
War

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, 2 Feb 2009
This review is from: Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I have been playing Hoyles card games for years...this is an even better one... with Hotel Miami as an extra bonus...if you like card games you will like this

4.0 out of 5 stars hoyle card games, 3 Oct 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Hello I have not been able to run the games as my computer keeps saying to load disc.I have been told to log on as administrator, but I can not find how to do this. I have tried by going to run at the start with no luck. when I have had help to load games will let you know. I will say this Amazon service is next to none and would pass it on to anyone who asked. thank glyn rhys jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Card Games, 1 Aug 2011
Ms. J. Habberjam (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this set of games as part of a birthday gift and it is GREAT hours of fun and loads of different games. Good value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Other information included(smile), 13 May 2013
This review is from: Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
It then installed Smile before it installed Hoyle.
I have not reinstalled Hoyle because I do not know how to avoid this happening again

1.0 out of 5 stars still searching for over 100 games !, 11 Jan 2010
D. Cowan (Angus, Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Very disappointing. I was looking for some simple games to teach my son, such as Whist, if it is there i have not found it. It was very much geared to gambling games with various types of poker and blackjack. Not of any interest to me or my son. As for 150+ games.... they must be hidden in a deep dark corner some where. I did not find it very user friendly as with some of the games you could only close the program and go back in if you wanted to change game.... no return to main menu ! I did have to use mute all the time as the music is very annoying.
I am still looking for good software that offers various whist games.

5.0 out of 5 stars card games 2008, 20 Feb 2013
Tesco "Dermot Titus" (Gretna Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
arrived within 2 days and loaded up without problem on Windows 8. The music can be truned off to hear the voices. No probelms so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoyle Card Games, 23 Feb 2009
C. W. Rix (Exeter, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Not a lot different from 2007 version but interesting nevertheless and a couple of new games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Card games, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Very satisfied with the hoyle card games, excellent. I thoroughly enjoy playing the games they are keeping me very quite while im playing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good platform for Card Games, 28 Nov 2013
PRR "PRR" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
A comprehensive set of card games, some played against computer IDs and others are solitaire, with a large number of these available. The quality of display is far better than most compendiums, and it allows right click to play a card, which is simple and quick. Gives stats to judge your improvement. Not the newest version, but I think this one is better, I didn't like it when I upgraded so bought this 2008 for a family member.

Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC)
Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC) by Greenstreet Online Ltd (Windows Vista)
3.90