5.0 out of 5 stars Definitive compilation after so many others, but dodgy pressing?
Having previously mislaid my copies of Chronicles 1 & 2, spotted this today and thought it would be an ideal replacement.

On the plus side, the tracks have been remastered since the above compilations were released and they have never sounded better,
taking 18 of the 20 tracks from Volume 1 (ignoring "Commotion" and "Someday Never Knows"), and 6 of the...
Published on 3 Jun 2008 by J. R. Thomson

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bunch of songs....
I only bought it for one song......Have you ever seen the rain?Recording quality so so.
Published 3 months ago by Breeze 3

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer class, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
This has now been in my car for four weeks and has been running constantly. Only to be exchanged for my recent 'Rolling Stones greatest hits' purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars OTTIMO SERVIZIO DI SPEDIZIONE E PREZZO SEMPRE CONVENIENTE, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
IL SERVIZIO DI SPEDIZIONE E' COME SEMPRE MOLTO VELOCE GRAZIE . MI TROVO MOLTO BENE CON QUESTO VENDITORE E COMPRERO' SPESSO DA LUI

5.0 out of 5 stars what can i say a classic.., 7 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
I love this CD perfect for those who like there rock a bit classic and absolutely timeless.I love a wide range of music and have just got to say why i have put this album off buying this album dont know??..24 tracks enough choice for everyone and for £5 well good deal amazon and i got mine in very good time by 12.30 pm.So i could waist my time listening on my new today sony xe800 sa-cd player,for my budget but wicked sony av system and nearly all wharfedale 7.1 speaker set up on a restricted budget all thanks to amazon..Love it.. check track listings and preview if you are not sure.??
any questions happy to try and answer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of CCR, 25 Oct 2011
J. Brown "jimbro325" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Now, I'm not and expert on CCR by any means
I only heard this album when a work colleague had it on his iPOD on night
After listening to it, I decided to buy it and it's great

I normally listen to the Foo Fighters, Everclear, etc but I can't stop listening to this

What surprised me was how many tracks I knew.
Great album for anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 12 Mar 2011
Ray "Ray" (edenbridge, kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
There's so many on this album that I still haven't really heard them all properly! As my car journey's are'nt long enough to hear them all! I mainly wanted an album which had 'Lodi'on it but there's plenty other golden CCR songs on this album....Buy It!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the download option, 21 Jun 2009
Terbee (London, England) - See all my reviews
It's rare to find an album where I love all the tracks. This album is brilliant.
I was always playing these guys and Supertramp throughout my teens, and know I now why. Just great music.

Amazon's download option is fantastic. It's faster to download than iTunes and £3 cheaper. Nice one Amazon!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Catch up on a band underrated in the UK, 2 Jun 2009
Mr. A. Ruff - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
I missed out on CCR back in the day. I was a little too young and my only experience of them was a cover version on those dodgy old Woolworths albums. Having caught up with the real thing, I now know what I was missing. Quality pop/rock with a dash of social comment - you can hear why they were so big in the States in the Vietnam era. There are a couple of weak tracks here but overall you will be amazed by how many quality songs they had. A good value introduction, highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars If you remember them you WILL be singing along, you just can't help it, 3 Mar 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
If you remember CCR from way back in the day, you will really enjoy this. Like ZZ Top but a good few years before them, Creedence Clearwater Revival were a fun-loving, good-time band. Tom Fogerty and younger brother John, Doug Clifford & Stu Cook, the guys hailed from the West Coast of California, the San Francisco Bay area, not the Louisianna swamps they sung about & sounded like they actually came from. Once heard though, the voice of John Fogerty cannot be easily forgotten. Who of us over 58 or so cannot in all truthfulness remember going to a fairground as teenagers without hearing THAT voice blasting out of the speakers, growling about being Born on the Bayou, or soulfully belting out Proud Mary or Bad Moon Rising, Lodi, Green River, Molina etc. This compliation gives you a chance to hear most of their best songs including early stuff like Suxy Q & I Put a Spell On You, but a lot people remember hearing them first with Proud Mary & it was that song really made them both in the U.S. & over here with over a 100 covers by various artists. Especially remembered by me is the Ike & Tina Turner version, which I hated, but it does let you hear the song given a completely different twist as just a plain very fast rock song. It was apparently Bob Dylan's favourite song of 1969, but if you know know better then please tell me without being too rude! Short, sweet songs some of which are only two & a half minutes long. Stick in the CD player in your car & turn it up LOUD. If you are my age (61) sing along with them (come on now you do remember the words). The miles just fly by. An absolute must even for those younger members of the music loving community. Just give 'em a listen; hear the searing blues guitar & blazing drumming, the likes of which is seldom heard nowadays.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost the definitive compilation......., 3 Feb 2012
Mr. Jonathan Robin Oxley "Jon Oxley" (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
A good introduction to CCR, who, believe it or not, were the biggest band in the US (and perhaps planet) between '68 and '71. As with most compilations, there are a couple of strange inclusions / omissions. Where are tracks Commotion (from Green River) and Someday Never Soon (best track from the awful Mardi Gras album). Also, why include the tepid Hello May Lou and Cottonfields. Personal favourites are Fortunate Son and Run Through The Jungle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
I'd forgotten just how many great songs they made!

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival
The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival by Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD - 2008)