Having previously mislaid my copies of Chronicles 1 & 2, spotted this today and thought it would be an ideal replacement.

On the plus side, the tracks have been remastered since the above compilations were released and they have never sounded better,
Published on 3 Jun 2008 by J. R. Thomson

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bunch of songs....
I only bought it for one song......Have you ever seen the rain?Recording quality so so.
Published 4 months ago by Breeze 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitive compilation after so many others, but dodgy pressing?, 3 Jun 2008
J. R. Thomson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)

taking 18 of the 20 tracks from Volume 1 (ignoring "Commotion" and "Someday Never Knows"), and 6 of the best from Volume 2.

Great to have this huge 24 track selection on one disc, but in order to squeeze them all on, the 11 minute guitar workout on "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"
has been sacrificed, and replaced instead with a 4 minute edit. (Still have the original on mp3 anyway!)

I may have a dodgy pressing but having already exchanged it twice, beware there is a huge hiss at the end of "The Midnight Special" (4m 12s on Track 23 to be exact),
which almost deafened me the first time when played through headphones! Five Stars for the music itself though, the tracks seem to pick themselves so if you like CCR,
you'll already know what you're getting. The sound is great, but 1 star for what I can only hope is a dodgy pressing which hopefully will rectified.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Midnight Special., 23 Dec 2008
Flickering Ember "I need a break and I wanna ... (Once Upon A Long Ago.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this album for a general overview of CCR, having heard and loved The Midnight Special, Bad Moon Rising, Proud Mary and a few other tracks. I do not have a comprehensive enough knowledge of CCR to comment on whether or not there are any glaring omissions from this album, but I will say that I loved every track and at around £6 for 24 tracks, it's certainly great value for money.

Unlike the previous reviewer, I have had no problems with playing this CD. This is a great introduction to, and overview of, CCR and their music. The covers of I Put A Spell On You and I Heard It Through The Grapevine make it even more interesting to listen to. Thoroughly enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purely belter, 15 Mar 2009
Mi Robson "Robbo" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
It's rare that you get 24 tracks on one CD and never press 'skip' once!

This compilation of Classic Credence is absolute class. Any fans of Swamp Rock will eat this up!

x

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Round Up of CCR's Best Work, 4 April 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
Having been born in the late 80's I have no first hand experience of this band. The first song I heard by them was 'Fortunate Son' thanks to the film Forrest Gump. I thought wow now that is the sort of voice and rock n roll urgency I like. So I decided to explore the band further and this seemed a sensible place to start. First off I enjoy their unique sound and songwriting, no one else really sounds like CCR. Secondly, I loved every song on the album, they are catchy tunes that grow on you and after a few spins you seem to know all the words like you've always been a fan. I would recommend this to fans of late 60s and early 70s Americana and Rock. 5 Stars as I can't stop listening to this band!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 23 July 2011
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
After hearing Creedence clearwater revival on radio 2 at various times, I thought I would take the plunge and purchase this best of.
You get the ubiquitous Bad moon rising along with their other well known tracks, Proud Mary, Have you ever seen the rain and Up around the bend. But it was the lesser known stuff (well for me at least) that I was interested to hear.
I must say that I was not disappointed, if you like the better known tracks you will like the rest of this cd.
Some people may take me to task for saying this, but I find the songs to be in a similar style to Lynrd Skynrd, so if you like them, you will like this and vice versa.
Buy this and enjoy a band who should have lasted longer than they did.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic music, 20 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
yet another classic album that has stood the test of time , i constantly play this in my car on the way to work ,
i will now collec more of this great band

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't get better than this..., 28 April 2011
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
I've been intending on adding some CCR to my library for some time now...every now and again you'll hear one of their tracks, mainly via movie soundtracks, and find yourself thinking 'Dag nam it I need to get me some Creedence!' Well finally I grabbed this Best of CCR album and I can tell you its the bees knees. Every track is a winner and the order in which they are played has been given careful consideration. The earlier 2 volumes (of the CCR best of's) available tended to have a few not-so-good tracks on it, but this brings all the gems together in one glorious album. Top sound quality, I can't recommend enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album, 16 Aug 2013
K. M. Smith "gpaudit" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
Having heard many of their songs on the radio for many years I decided to buy this album as we have never owed a complete album, I must say I love it, you dont realise just how many songs you know until the listen to it, fantastic a definate purchase, great

4.0 out of 5 stars John Fogerty - say no more, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
Purchased this as, apart from some compilation content, I didn't pocess any CCR.
Not one bad track - on top of their own hits, others like 'Heard it through grape vine' ans 'Suzy Q' are well, well worth a listen, not once but many times.

You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars great collection, 15 Jan 2013
jimbo "jimbo" (hornchurch, essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD)
a great collection of songs, well worth every penny, it makes you realise just how good this band were and how many songs you will remember

The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival
The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival by Creedence Clearwater Revival (Audio CD - 2008)