on 14 June 2009
If, like me, you are on a lot of medications, this product makes life very simple. Just load it up once a week and everything's ready when you need it. Especially good for travel. It's well made and easy to use.
on 30 April 2009
makes a complicated administration of tablets much less of a nightmare. can tell at a glance if pills have been taken. some frustratingly sticky openings have freed up after a couple of weeks.
on 28 February 2009
large weekly pill organiser great item easy to use good quality, easy for any one with arthritis to use
on 20 February 2012
I have quite a complicated pill regime, with a minimum of 218 pills taken at 5 different times during the day.

Finding a pill container to accommodate all of those has proved to be impossible, but I thought I had come close with Safe & Sound's organiser. Not quite.

My first problem came in that, with osteoarthritis in my fingers, some of the lids were difficult to open. Even after nearly two months of usage, some of the lids still take some effort to unclick. This may not, of course, be a problem for people with more flexible digits.

Secondly, within the first week, the lettering on the top of the boxes started to rub off.

Lastly, I can't fit all of my pills inside!

That said, it's the best container I could find, and it is if anything very study and difficult to lose in the dark!
on 17 November 2011
I ordered this for my elderly father who has arthritus in his hands and he struggled to both open and close the little doors. Even I found opening them stiff and to close them, most of the doors require a little "manipulation" - sometimes more than a little! It's a good idea but not suitable I don't believe for the elderly as whilst the materials used are good enough, the door 'latches' are not great at all. Wouldn't buy it again.
on 27 November 2009
This is a simple solution to help with taking regular pills. It is well designed - easy to open yet staying shut quite securely.
It means that you can organise pills once a week instead of several times a day; makes it clear whether pills have been taken if your memory is dodgy; and makes it easier to check when another prescription is needed. You can also use this to take one or more days supply with you when away from home.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 August 2014
**Frame (with dispensers inserted): 10"Lx4"Wx3/4"D
**Individual dispensers a little fiddly and don't fit as snugly as I'd like

Seven good quality plastic daily dispensers snap into an equally good rigid plastic frame to make keeping track of daily medications organised. I take four pills in the morning, three at noon (plus occasionally another round of three in the late afternoon-early evening) and another three at bedtime - keeping track wasn't easy until this product arrived. Before now I would skip a round if I couldn't recall if I'd taken it or not, something that wasn't helping my allergies!

I especially like this because I can pop one or two dispensers out of the frame to take with me on days out or a weekend break. The frame (with dispensers inserted) is large-ish and clearly meant to sit on a dressing table or in a bedside drawer. Still, once I make a wallet cover for it (see below) when I go on longer trips this will fit well and safely into the luggage.

The reason for only four stars is because when I took the frame out of the factory packaging, four of the seven dispensers fell out of the frame - uh oh! I played with it all for a while, switching the units around until all seven fit snugly and don't fall out.

However, I can see this will be an ongoing problem - even the snug dispensers aren't terribly snug especially because there are two oval holes behind each dispenser meant to facilitate easy popping out - handling the frame means it's a little too easy to accidentally pop one of the dispensers out!

Problem solved! A simple wide elastic band keeps all the dispensers in place. I'm glad I bought it, and would buy it again even with the fiddly individual dispensers:)
on 17 March 2015
I have been using this for at least 6 months now and despite my misgivings that the doors might fall off it is still intact. I find that taking a pill case out with the whole day's supply of pills is so easy if you are going away for the day as it tucks into my handbag and then can be replaced in its slot when I get back home. Also getting the dose of pills out of the case is easy, but I only take two caplets slightly larger than paracetamol sized caplets and three small capsules at any one time which fit happily into a compartment, but I wouldn't like to think the door would close properly on any more than this. You can hear a click when the door shuts properly. They were so cheap that I bought two, which would last a life time in replacements should any of the doors come off.
on 19 May 2015
I'd had my old pill trays for a couple of years and they needed replacing. I looked at loads trying to find ones that would be big enough to contain all of my pills, and stay shut in my handbag while I'm out and about.
I ordered one tray of these at first, and they're perfect for me. They are larger than any others I've found, so I don't have to line my pills up in a certain way to squeeze them in! The lids are secure but easy enough for me to open. I now have 4 sets so I can tray up a month of pills in one go.
My only niggle is that they don't have day labels on like my old ones did, but then that helps when I inevitably start losing them.
on 9 February 2014
I have bought one of these before but wanted to put out two weeks of pills for my son. This is just as good as the one I bought five years ago. Easy to open, clear writing and light-weight. Sections are big enough for one large pill, two capsules and eleven smaller pills with room for a large antibiotic if needed.

See one answered question