on 10 February 2012
Bought one of these to attach my excellent Celestron 20x50 binoculars to my tripod.
Simple bit of engineering, well made and not a lot to go wrong. Two things stopped it getting 5 stars: firstly it cost half as much as a decent set of starter astro bins and secondly it isn't black, but unpainted aluminium, if it had been black powder coated it would have looked nicer and been less cold to handle. Upside I suppose is if you drop it in the dark it's easier to see !
on 10 January 2012
Bresser Metal Tripod Adaptor:
After researching the many adaptors available I decided to go for metal rather than plastic as I needed an adaptor that would be sturdy to help avoid any shaking/vibration while viewing the night sky. This adaptor does that precisely.

The adaptor I received differs slightly from the advertised black one as it is unpainted and is made of aluminium (see uploaded photo's). Very pleased with my purchase. Can now view objects in the night sky without the constant movement and arm strain that I experienced previously.
review image review image review image review image
on 16 December 2014
If only retailers would put dimensions on products such as this - it would save a lot of time and hassle! This was second attempt at finding something to mount Vanguard binos on a tripod, but I still had to file off section around 1/4-20 attachment bolt, to fit between objectives on the bins. Threads on 1/4-20 seem a bit loose. Solid Al.