4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and very well made
Having had my old work bag stolen over Christmas, I have been on the look out for a new work bag and this looked to fit the bill. Turned up two days after ordering and I must say I'm impressed, build quality is top notch and has the appearance and feel of a bag that should last a long time (I hope so for the price)

For all those wondering about laptops, 13"...
Published on 21 Mar 2009 by M.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaves Black marks everywhere
I had read reviews about this bag leaving marks on clothing etc, but optimistically thought it would be fine. No. I want to use it for work and I hang it in my hallway, and it has left black marks all over the paintwork and the wall. My work wardrobe in the colder months is generally black, but now warmer weather is here and I want to wear lighter clothes, the bag will...
Published 19 months ago by Diane Carr

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and very well made, 21 Mar 2009
This review is from: Visconti Leather Messenger Bag A4 Workplace 18548 (Luggage)

For all those wondering about laptops, 13" will fit in with room for charger, 15" wide-screen will fit in with a bulge for the charger (15" normal 4:3 aspect screen will fit in but the bag flap won't reach the magnetic studs)

I got the mud finish, has the 'worn' look and doesn't mark easily. One note of warning though - the dye/colour can rub off onto light coloured clothing which can be a nightmare (there is a care label explaining this with the bag) having had a jacket of a similar colour, white shirts are a no go.

Get one if you're after a stylish work bag (girlfriend has already tried it out for size!) Will have to see how it holds up over the summer.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good all round, 3 Jun 2008
Joshua H. Domb (London) - See all my reviews
ok, my bag just arrived this morning, which is very impressive given that I only put in the order 2 days ago. I purchased this bag in the jet black, and for the most part I am very pleased. It looks great, feels very well made, and has that discreet yet stylish look about it. If I have a reservation about this bag it is about the size of it relative to its price. I am planning on using this at uni, for which I think it will be ok, if you want to transport a pad of paper, pencilcase, and a textbook then there is plent of room. but when i put a lever arch file in there it would not close properly. And at 60 quid this bag is hardly cheap. If you are looking for a good quality bag to transport afew items in, folders of papers, a book, newspaper, and lunch to the office, then this is a very good quality product, and if you will get alot of use out of it, i would suggest worth the money. But if what you need is a school bag or something to transport lots of large files, then this is not the product for you. Overall though- I am happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice bag, 21 Oct 2009
Rune "Duphus" (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews
Even though it's just a bag, I have to say that after looking for a long time I am very satisfied with having chosen this particular bag (in black).
My requirements were simple:
1) I should be able to take it to work (i.e. it needed to look good enough).
2) I need to take some notebooks and A4 books in it from time to time (i.e. big enough to hold a notebook and some more stuff).
3) It should not be too big for those times when I don't need to carry my study material with me.
4) It should look simple, even if it may not be so (no "shiny" stuff on it).
And this bag matched them perfectly. At first I was hasitent about the size. I know there's another visconti bag which is a little smaller, but now that I have this one, I know I couldn't have managed with a smaller one.

It is also easy to carry around and it's worth its' price, but it has one drawback; The big buckle on the sholder strap is too big, and you can't put the little sholder cushion under it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Visconti messenger bag, 5 May 2009
P. Manley - See all my reviews
Having spent 6 months searching shops (local and far afield) for the "ideal man-bag" I finally decided to buy this one on line as it looked exactly what I wanted. I was concerned as the brand only appeared to be available through the web and I could not find many independant reviews. However, I decided that I could always send it back if it wasn't right.
But the bag was right. It is incredibly well made, the leather is good quality and the finishing is excellent. It looks really smart and should stay that way for many years. Had I been able to compare the range in a shop I probably would have gone for the slightly larger model, but I'm coping very well with this one.
On the basis of this bag I would whole-heartly recommend the Visconti brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great bag, 19 Jun 2009
M. Costa - See all my reviews
My wife bought me this me for my birthday, and I am so far very impressed. The vintage-look leather is very good quality and the bag has enough room for a 13" MacBook and A4 notepad, plus phone, wallet, keys etc! Brand new, it looks really good, but it will probably look even better in a year or two. One thing to note, mine was bought on eBay from this same seller at a lower price, so look there for a better bargain. Delivery was 2 days and it comes in a lovely protective bag (my wife can have that for her posh shoes...). All in all a great bag, just buy it elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's stunning!, 1 Aug 2009
I got the Mud Brown and i absolutely love it. It's well made and looks awesome. Perfect size for me aswell, just enough space left over for other stuff after i stick my 13" laptop in there (with sleeve).

I made the order sunday and got the bag wednesday. And I'm in Sweden so delivery was very fast. I very much recommend both the shop and the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant with a touch of Rock n' Roll, 7 May 2011
This bag was a gift and I must say I am delighted with it.
The leather is nice and thick in a great colour that is easy to match to my work clothes or my week end somewhat more casual wear.
With use, it is starting to crease and darken in all the right places, and it looks even better.
It can double up as a laptop case if I decide to take the computer home at the end of the day. All the rest of my stuff still fits (and I tend to carry a LOT of stuff around.)
It has all the right zipper pockets to store your cell, wallet, keys and what have you.
I love this bag, it looks elegant and smart and young at the same time!

Edited to add: I am still well pleased with this bag and use it every day, about one year later. I must however add that the first two weeks or so that I used it, the light brown colour rubbed off against my lighter clothes - I had a diagonal stripe across the chest of a white cotton sweater. However none of these marks stayed. They came off with the usual washing, which is probably why I forgot to mention this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, 21 May 2011
The is a really nice bag, good quality at a reasonable price. Beware though, it is not really briefcase size and would not be suitable for carrying loads of paperwork and a laptop. I personally use it as a hand bag in addition to my carry-on luggage when flying. highly recommended and improves with age.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bag, 21 May 2011
Good quality bag, takes an ipad with its own case with ease. Not sure that the magnetic studs on the flap really work. if the bag is slightly bulging with contents, then it can be difficult to "clip" the flap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Visconti Leather Messenger Bag, 3 Aug 2009
Ms. L. C. Russ "Loobiloo" (England) - See all my reviews
I am so pleased with this bag! I ordered it in the Mud brown and the quality is excellent. it's big enough for an A4 ring binder as well as various other worky type stuff. It looks really smart and I'm sure I'm going to get loads of use from it.