5.0 out of 5 stars Very good
Arrived like a flash. Very well made and very good value. Have used this seller again and must say the products are of high quality and exceptionally good value.
Published on 1 Feb 2009 by A. Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value - but ....
Can't fault this adapter for sheer value. However, I've had no luck getting a colour S-Video signal out of this adapter - just B&W. I've tried half a dozen S-Video leads without success. Composite video works just fine - as you'd expect.
Published on 8 May 2010 by Roger Gann

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 1 Feb 2009
A. Hill "Mr. W. Hill" (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold Switchable Scart to 3 Phono & S-Video Adaptor (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Scart Connector, 13 Dec 2010
Plug it in and it works. remove it and it stays intact.
This is a replacement for a connector from a different supplier which was rubbish in that it came apart when removed and eventually failed completely.
I give this one 10/10
Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy piece of kit, 15 July 2012
I have a TV that has no outputs for audio components to allow connection to a home cinema system. This device allows you to switch the scart connector to output, connect component audio cords and obtain TV sound through Home Cinema speakers. Very handy in solving a problem I have had for many months.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of kit, 29 Dec 2009
Trish Evans (Selsey, West Sussex) - See all my reviews
I had recently bought software & kit to convert old videos to DVDs, but found I didn't have the right connection to link it to my very old video player. I had the red, yellow & white bits with the new kit, but the only way of getting output from the video player was via a scart connection. By using this splendid adaptor I was able to make the connection and all my problems were solved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 8 Feb 2011
This is a robustly made product which should give many years of service. It has performed perfectly when moving video tapes from video recorder to laptop to make CDs. It is reasonably priced, and delivery from Cable Mountain was very soon after initial order was placed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value - but ...., 8 May 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate to its purpose, 1 Feb 2011
R. Bee - See all my reviews
Purchased to enable transmission of TV / video from my PC to the large flat panel in our lounge, this device does the job quite adequately since it accepts both the stereo audio inputs and the video inputs in either S or C formats.

A minor irritation is that the S Video connection has to be pushed home once a week or picture distortion / colour breakdown occurs.

5.0 out of 5 stars S-Video to Scart - it works!, 31 Dec 2012
M. Stanyon (Kent) - See all my reviews
Received this item very promptly through the post - and it was a 2.50 well spent. The product itself seems well-built, with a good weight to it. I needed to use it to input the PS2 via S-Video cable to the S-Video enabled Scart socket of my TV, and this product did the trick. Other reviews state that using the S-Video input often gives a black-and-white picture - this is likely due to the scart socket on the TV or on a scart switcher not being S-Video enabled, so check that out before buying. It gives me the same quality signal as when I ran the cable straight to the S-Video socket on the front (which is now used by something else) - no interference or loss in quality as far as I can see.

I will say though that the item I received is not identical to the one pictured. Mine has a protruding S-Video socket like the other three, rather than the "in-built" (can't think of a better expression) one in the photo. This is not a problem at all but I figure it's worth noting so buyers know to which product I'm actually referring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little device, 23 Mar 2011
Gareth W. Jones (Shiplake, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought to allow me to archive VHS tapes from my VCR to PC. Had hoped to do it using S-Video but signal was b/w only so had to use composite. Probably a limitation of my VCR rather than the device itself but for this reason, and the fact that I later found John Lewis selling off equivalent items at half the price, I give a 4 rather than 5 star rating. Dealing with Cable Mountain was great and I'll happily use them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and useful connector, 31 May 2010
I had ordered this connector to be used with my Panasonic DMR-EH69 DVD recorder which has two input connectors of SCART type. Not many devices and equipments have SCART output. So, a conversion to standard RCA and S-Video connection is highly desirable and this connector gives such solution.
It works well with RCA connection, but I have one problem which was highlighted in some other review also - when I connect S-Video output from my laptop I don't get color output, but simple BW output only.
I am not sure if this has something to do with settings in laptop or it is inherent problem. If some of the readers can give solution, I will be thankful to them.
There is one more clarification needed. The IN and OUT slide switch is obviously meant for choosing it as IN or OUT. But when the SCART connector in DVD recorder is only IN (input), I don't know how this connector can be used as OUT (output signal) signal. Can anybody clarify this point ?

Raja Ramalingam.