5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent product!
This is an excellent product, I purchased the air purifier for a very specific problem, odour (ammonia).

Published on 11 Aug. 2010 by Les Chisnall

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad build quality
The unit I received was badged ECO-AIR rather than Prem-i-air. They are exactly the same unit, built in the same factory by some no-name Chinese 'generics' company. After two weeks it started turning itself on an off randomly. I decided rather than send it back I would take a look at the internals myself - what a horror story. Bad soldering, poor quality components, total...
Published on 3 Jan. 2011 by Anthony S. Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent product!, 11 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD (Kitchen & Home)

While I appreciate that many air purifiers are primarily designed to remove airborne particles, gasses are particularly specialised. However, I am delighted to inform that the filter is equipped with a reasonable amount of activated carbon necessary for successful odour removal and along with an excellent ioniser the combined effectiveness was extremely good, and worked surprisingly well.

POSITIVE +

- A good product with excellent results.
- Price is excellent, really good value.
- Replacement filters are reasonably price.
- Remote control is very helpful.
- Appearance is pleasing, clean, compact and attractive.

NEGATIVES -

- The filter cover can be a little difficult to remove.
- When trying to remove the old filter to replace with new filter, the design of the product makes it difficult to remove and replace and could potentially cause problems for individuals with dexterity issues.

CONCLUSION: Great filter, great value, one or two design issues but on conclusion, highly recommended.

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars A blessed relief!, 4 July 2010
P. Newton (N Yorks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD (Kitchen & Home)
I was initially advised to buy an ioniser for my son by our doctor. He has really bad hayfever this summer and is having trouble sleeping. Not altogether happy with using it overnight behind his closed bedroom door but it works so I'm going along with it. His cough is so much better, he can breath easily and his nose is clear when I go in to him in the mornings. I like this product so much, I bought another for my husband. The unit is really quiet and can be used without the ioniser as a simple air filter too. I did have an initial problem with the second one, and had to return it for repair under the warranty. However, I was immediately refunded my postage and got the unit back three days later! Good product and great customer service too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very effective for the price, 21 July 2011
D. Bardsley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD (Kitchen & Home)
I bought two of these air purifiers for my flat in Beijing, one for the living room and the other for the bedroom, and I have them on the medium setting 24 hours a day. Recently the air quality in the flat was tested, and the level of 2.5-micron particulate matter was about one-sixth of that of the air outside. Given how cheap these air purifiers are - some manufacturers produce similar products designed for rooms of about the same size that are many times as expensive - this is a pretty good performance, especially as the filters had already been used for about six months. An air purifier costing several hundred pounds is likely to be more effective than this product at removing pollutants, but for its low cost this model is impressive.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVELY FRESH AIR!, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD (Kitchen & Home)
My wife has been having trouble with a facial rash, and nothing seemed to help. I read that cats can cause an allergy in some people. Our cat is now 18, and never goes out so in desperation we bought the Prem-I-Air. Within two weeks her rash and facial itching had completely gone. It may be a coincidence, but I think not. The air filter is on low all day and is very quiet, you hardly notice it. The air in our kitchen diner certainly feels fresher, and the purifier also helps to remove smells. I am not sure about the scented block that you can put in though and reserve judgement on that! The smell is a bit like sour apples! These scented blocks are expensive to replace. You do not need them anyway, an ordinary and cheap scented block from a supermarket is probably better.
The filters are easy to replace but shop around!! Big differences in prices!
This is a very good machine, and we are very happy with it.
Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Prem I Air HEPA, 22 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD (Kitchen & Home)
We brought this product as my partner and I recently got 2 kittens, we have had cats before and have had no allegeries but these new kittens have brought my partners asthma on and caused me to sneeze and have the usual allergies.

We have found that the filter does work but it needs to be left on for quite a while before it kicks in and need to be set to either medium/high in order to make a difference, I suupose this depends on the severity of your allergy.

All in all we think this is a good buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Prem-I-Air HEPA Air Purifier, 17 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD (Kitchen & Home)
This item was sold as "refurbished" at around half usual price. It was packaged as new with all stated parts, unused filter and air freshner (more on this later) no marks in fact it is as new.

I am the only smoker in our house and only smoke in my own room but the smell of smoke does linger and travel around so I wanted to reduce hassle to the others in our jointly owned family house. I plugged this purifier in and changed bed clothes,curtains etc.

Within 2 hrs of (full power) use in a closed room the air was much cleaner. I have now been using it for 3 days, full power when I am here and awake and low when sleeping and the difference is amazing, my daughter and her husband (an ex smoker and a non smoker) are really pleased with the results.

The reason for 4 stars not 5 is the air freshner? yes there is a new unused apple cartridge, replaceable for £12.00 or there abouts but it is totally useless, and yes I have removed both the outer wrapper and the seal on the top. I bought a Glade gel air freshner and cut it in half (cling film the unused half for later) and it works fine.

Having said that the benefits without the air freshner are really worth it even at full price but this refurb unit will not be the last we buy. Very very prompt delivery, great vendor.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST buy I've ever made!, 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD (Kitchen & Home)
I've had this product for 3 years and no matter how corny it might sound, it's been the best 3 years of my life. I'm hyper allergic to dust and perfume. Most of my life has gone to being unable to go without medicines, being unable to breathe and sleep properly. As well as feeling sick and have headaches due to odors lingering in my bedroom.

I have my air purifier on for almost 24/7 and have had it so for the past 3 years, and it still works just as well as new. My daughter has dropped it on the floor a few times so it rattle slightly when on the highest setting - but anything that still works after my terrorist of daughter has got a hold of it, is the best product anyone can imagine! hahaha I can now sleep and I feel as healthy as the next person.

We are able to have a cat, a rabbit and I only have to hoover my house (and bed) once per week. I dust every 3rd-6th month, what a different to before when I dusted every day! It has given me a life and being such an animal lover both me and my daughter, we're able to keep pets! When I turn it on I notice the difference in my allergies to dust and perfume almost instantly. Also noticed that I don't need to have a HEPA-filter in my hoover, as I just turn the air purifier on highest setting and it cleans out all the dust my cheap hoover spreads out, so even though the purifier is on all the time it has saved me money on medicines, hoovers and cause I can work more now as I get a proper nights sleep.

I also used to have allergy asthma before using this (cause my allergies was to grand and impossible to control I developed asthma) and I've never seen my asthma nurse at the medical centre, so stunned a few years back when my asthma had completely disappeared! Cannot recommend this product more!

Thank you Amazon, for such a life-changing product!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product!, 20 Aug. 2009
R. H. Paraman (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for my grandson who has suffered badly with his asthma this year.
He also has 2 cats and a dog in the house, and he is allergic to certain fungal
spores. Since purchasing it my daughter tells me that it is excellent and that
you can "feel" the difference in the air in his room when it has been running for
about 30 minutes. Left on all night on the "quiet" setting his Asthma has
improved tremendously.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good air filter for an inner city home., 4 July 2009
K. Elmer "Chief Baobab" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD (Kitchen & Home)
My GF and I bought the filter because we live near a busy road and looking at the dust that gathered quickly on the windows and sills were horrified to think what was getting into our lungs.

Its hard to judge how effective the filter actually is as dust still settles on sills, cupboards etc. However, the air in flat is noticeably cleaner smelling and where we used to sneeze a lot (the trees outside shed a lot of pollen) we have largely stopped.

The perfumer that comes inside the filter we haven't used as we don't like the artificial smells that come from air fresheners etc so I can't omment on that feature. However the general running of the filter is otherwise perfect.

The remote control works well, and the settings are appropriate. The lowest settings is practically silent and the highest setting is a bit noisey but it does shift a lot of air.

The timer function is particularly useful allowing the filter to run for a few hours once we've closed up the flat to go to work and where the flat used to smell a bit stale once we got home it now smells fresh (despite living near a busy London road!).

We've owned the air purifier for about a month and a half now, using it on average for about 7 hours a day with no problems so far.

I would recommend getting this product and would not hesitate to replace it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Air Purifier, 3 May 2010
V. Freeman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent product. My son always used to spend about 5 - 10 minutes each morning sneezing & blowing his nose. I bought this product based on the reviews & am really pleased with it - so is he.
He uses it with the ioniser & the air quality is a lot better, he still sneezes a couple of times in the morning but not nearly as much as he used to
The only drawbacks are that it is bigger than what I would have liked and the air freshner is a waste of time
Would definitely recommend this to people

Prem-I-Air Hepa Air Purifier with LCD