2.0 out of 5 stars major packaging fail, 29 Sep 2010
This review is from: Master of Horror: Season Two Box Set [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
ok this is a "fancy" box set of the 2nd series / season of Masters of Horror, please read the reviews of the uk release to get some idea of the stories included, im here to discuss the packaging.
Living in the uk i saw this and had to have it in my collection, but there is a major problem with the whole set design. I purchased the 1st series / season and it was well packaged, came in a mausoleum outer case, all the dvds in card sleeves, this box set is minimal, ok it looks good but the discs are in grooves inside the skull which are a very loose fit, no sleeves or cases, so from the usa to the uk they are free to rattle around, work loose and become badly scratched.
I was surprised at Anchor bay for the bad design after purchasing the 1st series and also the phantasm ball which was nicely filled with foam inside the ball and protected the discs well.
I have also seen online about the skull arriving with missing teeth that have broken off during transit. Please think twice before ordering this set in the uk, luckily my discs (although scratched on arrival) were playable and the skull in 1 piece. I would either leave this to a collector or remove the discs on arrival and place them in blank cd cases just to stop further damage.

3.0 out of 5 stars A collectors item with massive flaws, 7 Aug 2012
M. Russell "mikkles" (london, uk) - See all my reviews
I was well aware of the problems with this set but believe it or not found it on another online sellers site a year ago for the unbelievable clearance price of 1.31. If I wasn't lucky enough to find it for that price not I don't think I'd have paid much more than a max amount of 20 for it let alone the price being currently asked. Problem is that it comes form America and as previous reviews have stated there's no guarantee that it'll arrive in the condition sent (loose discs fragile features). Mine had its two front teeth rattling around in the box. I had to glue them back on which for the price being asked now you wont want to do.
The shows are hit and miss I enjoyed 90% but some are drastically better than others and never quite hit the quality of the first season. Despite that I found something in even the worst of the episodes to enjoy.
My advice is be careful when thinking about buying this box set (shipping/packaging issues) and anchor bay should have thought this out more.